Saints V Hibs 22/03/2014 3Pm

SaintDougie

Ok, Saturday against Hibs is a pretty big game if I'm correct in thinking no? Yet there doesn't appear to be any match thread or general discussion about potentially securing our top six place for the third consecutive season running. Is there just a general apathy at the moment due to a pretty poor performance against County or is there something else underlying within the ranks of Saints fans?

I don’t think the lack of a thread is due to apathy more anxiety and apprehension. TW has chopped and change his team so often (win or lose) we do not know what team he will play and what formation he will use. I think by his comments he will field a team not to lose the game.  I personally hope he plays 4 5 1 so we do not get dominated in mid field. I will repeat the mid field I would chose but yet to be seen

Wide Croft and O’Halloran,

Dunne supporting May

Witherspoon and Millar holding and protecting the back four

I somehow think he will go for something completely different. 

I think it shows you how far we have come when people seem disappointed with a top six finish. Everybody should be delighted with this season with Rosenborg, two cup semi finals (hopefully a final) and hopefully another top 6 finish. Recent performances have left some folk down about the team but I would still class it as a good season. Would like to see some change to Saturday with:

Mannus

Miller Anderson Wright/Clancy MacKay

Dunne  Cregg

Croft   May  O'Halloran

MacLean

Think May needs to play a bit deeper and get on the ball rather than be wasted on the wing 

Edited by 18SJFC84

I think it shows you how far we have come when people seem disappointed with a top six finish. Everybody should be delighted with this season with Rosenborg, two cup semi finals (hopefully a final) and hopefully another top 6 finish. Recent performances have left some folk down about the team but I would still class it as a good season. Would like to see some change to Saturday with:

Mannus

Miller Anderson Wright/Clancy MacKay

Dunne  Cregg

Croft   May  O'Halloran

MacLean

Think May needs to play a bit deeper and get on the ball rather than be wasted on the wing 

Like the formation. However do not agree May needs to play deeper. Has scored over 20 goals up front. I believe he needs support and not be left isolated. The wide midfielders and one centre attacking midfielder should be enought to help him regain his confidence and create scoring opportunities

I think that most of us thought that we would get the 3 points on Saturday against County, giving us a good buffer over Hibs coming into this game.

The fact that we didn't means that folk are suddenly starting to realise how big a game this is and there is a fair degree of trepidation as we either seem to play really, really well and blow teams away, or play utter shit and us supporters have a completely miserable 90mins.....turning up, you don't know which we will get.

I'm going, with Ben, who is missing playing for Hibs Youths on the Saturday for it (although I haven't told him that the text came in for his game on Saturday yet!!)

Edited by Edstar101