Mcdiarmid Park

south inch

• 5 years later...
On 3/25/2014 at 8:27 AM, RandomGuy said:

According to the official site the stadium contained 10,700 seats when it was finished. There was a crowd of 10,169 in October 1989 for a match with Partick. Think the crowd against Airdrie the same season beat that by one fan, could be wrong though.

Highest attendance I could find against Rangers was 10,054 in October 1990. Wonder if its possible theres been a mix up in the numbers somewhere? As the official site doesn't mention the Rangers game at all as being anything notable, in fact they say our record attendance was 10,545 v Dundee in 1999

On 3/25/2014 at 5:12 PM, PauloPerth said:

I'm positive that is wrong.  It was 10,1?? initially, but as mentioned an extra 500 seats were squeezed in that first summertime after promotion.  I remember it because we held Rangers to a 0-0 draw around October 1990 and the crowd was given as 10,500 or so, and Saints fans were a bit bemused how the attendance had been a few hundred higher than the capacity in an all-seater stadium.  Then the PA revealed the extra seats going in during the close season.

29 th Oct. 1990 Nil-Nil draw with Rangers crowd listed was 10,504.

On 3/25/2014 at 8:27 AM, RandomGuy said:

According to the official site the stadium contained 10,700 seats when it was finished. There was a crowd of 10,169 in October 1989 for a match with Partick. Think the crowd against Airdrie the same season beat that by one fan, could be wrong though.

Highest attendance I could find against Rangers was 10,054 in October 1990. Wonder if its possible theres been a mix up in the numbers somewhere? As the official site doesn't mention the Rangers game at all as being anything notable, in fact they say our record attendance was 10,545 v Dundee in 1999

23rd May 1999

Saints (1)  v Dundee (0)

SCORER- KANE.

Crowd- 10,575.

Main, McQuillan, Bollan, Dasovic, McCluskey, Griffin, O'Halloran, O 'Neil, Kane, Simao, Lowndes, 

Bench- Ferguson, Connolly, Whitefield, McAnespie, Parker.

Edited by HOODLUM65