Saints Vs Dundee United 17Th May Scottish Cup Final

David123

Have had my wee nervous lapse in confidence this week and am slowly starting to feel quietly confident again.

Loads of cliches but just hope the players play the game, not the occasion. For that matter, hope the fans do the same! With the momentum of what has become a fantastic response from the Folk of the Fair City, I think we will have plenty reason to enjoy ourselves.

Dundee Utd forum is hilarious reading as ever.

"Whoever they pick, it'll be their usual tactics.

Their back four will play a high line to squeeze the game and not let us play football. They will tackle very hard and try to bully us. When they win the ball, they'll get it forward very quickly to McLean and May. They'll be trying to win free kicks in our half so they can get the ball high into our box.

Not exactly sophisticated stuff but its been effective against us this season.

They will also do what they have done the last two times and try wind us up, few players have mentioned there are a few personal battles on the pitch so to speak.

Lets phukin ram them!"

Love that we've beaten them 3 times this season, and they clearly haven't even watched the games.

They are clueless. They talk about May as a "big" target man in another thread... Maclean wins far more headers!  We outfought and completely outplayed them football wise both games at McD.  They see their wee £10m (!!) popstars do a fancy trick and think they're the best footballing side on the planet.  Of course they can play, but Utd fans really hype their players more than anyone else.

I keep reading that we are this solid consistent side that will win if they have an off day, but if they are on it we won't be able to live with them as they are the superior side!!  We have to be on our game, no doubt about it, but I think if we are I will fancy us. 

I've spoken to Saints fans in the past few days who say they won't mind too much if we get beat cos the important thing is we got to a final, be a great day out etc.  Have to say I can't share that, I think no matter how much I try not to let it, but a defeat will ruin my day.  Especially against them.

For the neutral you love a good even game in a Cup Final, a 3-2 or whatever.  Not for me, I'd be happier without any tension, a match full of partying due to a comfortable Saints team humping them 5-0 !!  Not saying that is going to happen mind you....

But just imagine it...!!!!!   :)  :)   :)

They are clueless. They talk about May as a "big" target man in another thread... Maclean wins far more headers! We outfought and completely outplayed them football wise both games at McD. They see their wee £10m (!!) popstars do a fancy trick and think they're the best footballing side on the planet. Of course they can play, but Utd fans really hype their players more than anyone else.

I keep reading that we are this solid consistent side that will win if they have an off day, but if they are on it we won't be able to live with them as they are the superior side!! We have to be on our game, no doubt about it, but I think if we are I will fancy us.

I've spoken to Saints fans in the past few days who say they won't mind too much if we get beat cos the important thing is we got to a final, be a great day out etc. Have to say I can't share that, I think no matter how much I try not to let it, but a defeat will ruin my day. Especially against them.

For the neutral you love a good even game in a Cup Final, a 3-2 or whatever. Not for me, I'd be happier without any tension, a match full of partying due to a comfortable Saints team humping them 5-0 !! Not saying that is going to happen mind you....

But just imagine it...!!!!! :):):)

I for one am not just thinking im happy we got to a final. We will never have a better opportunity to win a trophy.. We are playing a team we have beaten 3 times this season and convincingly as well. We are not playing the old firm, a loss would hurt me a lot and would be really tough to take. What in saying iam.we are fully capable of winning this game and its stupid to think we are just happy to be part of the occasion. Edited by Saint.Justin

Have had my wee nervous lapse in confidence this week and am slowly starting to feel quietly confident again.

Loads of cliches but just hope the players play the game, not the occasion. For that matter, hope the fans do the same! With the momentum of what has become a fantastic response from the Folk of the Fair City, I think we will have plenty reason to enjoy ourselves.

I agree with the players needing to play the game rather than the occasion, but they won'y let the fans play the game, it's all about the occasion for us :wink:

We have been allowed to wear Saints tops to work tomorrow as the employer is wanting to get in the spirit of things...

A fellow Rangers supporter I work with is extremely upset about it... HAHA. 

"Totally out of order!

I will be saving this e-mail and bringing it up next year when St Johnstone are NOT in the final and demanding that we should all be treated Fairly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’ve never been allowed to wear my Rangers top in here under any circumstances.

Not everyone that works here is a St Johnstone/Dundee Utd fan."

That is his email reply to us being allowed to wear Rangers tops to work tomorrow. It was enjoyable winding him up further.

BITTER Rangers fan. 

Edited by PerthSeany

We have been allowed to wear Saints tops to work tomorrow as the employer is wanting to get in the spirit of things...

"Totally out of order!

I will be saving this e-mail and bringing it up next year when St Johnstone are NOT in the final and demanding that we should all be treated Fairly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is his email reply to us being allowed to wear Rangers tops to work tomorrow. It was enjoyable winding him up further.

BITTER Rangers fan.

It will be fairly amazing if you are a policeman. :)

"Totally out of order!

BITTER Rangers fan.

Seems to me like he's joining in the party atmosphere and good wishes best he can!

Otherwise you'd need hordes of polis and dugs to control him. ;)

"Totally out of order!

BITTER Rangers fan. 

Just remind him that unless he is from Glasgow, he shouldn't be supporting feckin THE THE anyway!! If he wasn't a glory hunting bigoted wanker, then he would have maybe been in a position to wear his Saints top in support of his home team.

TOSSER

p.s. I won't mention the "fellow Rangers supporter" or "us being allowed to wear our Rangers tops" mistakes :wink:  Oh, just did :razz:

Edited by Edstar101

I will take a little time on Saturday pre-kick-off to think of my late father,his two brothers and all those other fans who never had the chance to see Saints in a Scottish Cup final.   I will then relish every moment and hopefully have my proudest moment as a fully paid up member of a "wee" team.COYS

Brilliant interview with Tommy Wright on BBC, apologies if it's been posted already, struggling to keep up!....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27415121

Wright says his team are equipped for whatever happens on Saturday. If it's a battle, they can battle. If it's free-flowing, they can do that, too. Coming from behind to beat Aberdeen in the semi-final was a measure of their spirit, he says. They won't be overcome by the pressure. They'll embrace it. He's certain of it.

"Listen, we'd love to win it by fantastic football but after 130 years we'll take any kind of win. If it comes off Craig Thomson's back-side and goes in the net we'll take it. I tell the lads that they can't change history but they can create it. They've come a long way, but it's not enough. It can't be enough. They have to climb one last hurdle."

For immortality.

I can't handle much more of this emotional stuff, feel like a ****ing X factor contestant!!

Just remind him that unless he is from Glasgow, he shouldn't be supporting feckin THE THE anyway!! If he wasn't a glory hunting bigoted wanker, then he would have maybe been in a position to wear his Saints top in support of his home team.

TOSSER

p.s. I won't mention the "fellow Rangers supporter" or "us being allowed to wear our Rangers tops" mistakes :wink:  Oh, just did :razz:

I said something similar, 

If you don't like the rules working here then bugger off and work somewhere you do like them.

Someone else piped in and accused that of being racist... HAHA. 

I work with morons... 

Completely agree paulo cracking article (although I am not a big fan of Tom English) great to get a wee bit of insight into tommy as a person and unfortunately his own personal tragedy. The stuff about "having" to win the cup is just top drawer.

Never been so excited and never been bricking it so much all at the same time....

COYS

My office is full of Aberdeen fans, a Dunf fan and two The The knuckledraggers.  Seriously, these guys brag about their direct debits to the rangers fund as well as buying season tickets and never feckin' going to matches.  Absolute bawbags.

Everyone in the office has congratulated Saints and wishes them the best for the final.  Except two.