Saints Vs Dundee United 17Th May Scottish Cup Final

David123

WE WON THE CUP :)

Bydand his brother in law myself and our wives are going all to have a calibration dinner tonight. We are arguing who is going to by the first bottle of champagne so we are starting with 3. What does we have won the Scottish cup champagne taste like?

Like all Saintees. I will never forget the Joy at the final whistle. even 2-0 up in injury time I still never allowed myself tae Believe.!So proud of the team ,management.and all my fellow Saintees! Who knows, we could go on to win further trophys in the future,but I dont think the elation of today will ever be surpassed.!

Edited by croc

And another Dandy Don here...

Absolutely deserved victory for the Saints. Well done and enjoy the moment.

You have a very decent side there so hats off...

Indeed Hearts fan here, a very decent controlled and competent side I wish we had.

Just back in Belfast. Tommy Wrights granny grandad aunts uncle niece nephew 2nd 3rd 4th cousins etc etc all on the plane. Showing pictures of them and Tommy with the trophy afterwards. Lurgan Saints and a Couple of DABS from The Emerald Arabs drowning their sorrows! What a day.... amazing. Great atmosphere at the Times pub and in the ground. Played the DABS off the park !! yeeeeeeeeessss

Oh and a little trip to Europe !!!!

Edited by belfastsaintee

Made up for everyone who was there!! Unfortunately I couldn't go as my father felt that he couldn't cope with such a big occasion. - he's 87yo and was my inspiration to support Saints since the time I was a toddler - Payback time meant I watched the match with him on the telly accompanied with a few beers and a half bottle of Glenlivet. Happy to say that he was ecstatic with the result and performance of Saints. This coming from an old guy who has supported Saints since 1946. We will never forget the happiness we felt today when we heard the final whistle and realized that at long last Saints had finally won a national trophy. 

So proud and delighted as I never ever thought that this would happen.

Also a great day for those fans who for years who could be found at a windy, snowy, raining Tuesday night at Brechin or Dumfries. For them it must be a dream come true.

It is for me.