Tommy Wright

50yrs a Saint

Sorry to spoil  a great result tonight but my gut feel is this may well be TW's last match.

On the radio today he certainly didn't rule himself out of the United job and he was definitely very p***** off at Brown not signing Swanson at the end o the transfer window.

If he goes, I would expect Ando, Macca and maybe Cummins to join him at the end of the season. I sincerely hope not but afraid I am not confident on this.

Sorry to spoil  a great result tonight but my gut feel is this may well be TW's last match.

On the radio today he certainly didn't rule himself out of the United job and he was definitely very p***** off at Brown not signing Swanson at the end o the transfer window.

If he goes, I would expect Ando, Macca and maybe Cummins to join him at the end of the season. I sincerely hope not but afraid I am not confident on this.

Was he actually pissed off at Brown for not signing Swanson?

I'm pretty sure that comment was not based on proper fact at all. 

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think Tommy ticks DU's boxes for a manager. He's not an annoying wee egotistical shite. His agent will have told him to not rule himself out so's he can negotiate a wee 5k pay rise if offered the job, or to keep his name in the papers for a job darn sarf.

I think his chat about the United jobs not so much about going there, but making sure people know he is willing to leave us. When he leaves it wont be to them, I'm pretty sure of that, unless they pay insane money. I'd still reject it but Im not sure Brown would

Would be really surprised if Tommy was to go to United, as I just don't see it as a big enough step up to compensate for the pressure it would put him under.  United like us are a selling club, they've have had their batch of talented players and seen them sold on.  Why would you go to manage another club where you need to completely rebuild knowing that any real talent you develop will again be sold on.  Tommys a realist, and must realise how moves to these 'potentially' bigger clubs can go wrong. Terry Butcher is a prime example of this.

As far as attracting attention for managerial positions out with Scotland we need to be realistic. There's so many people that just don't rate Scottish football and are simply not seeing what an amazing job Tommy is doing for us.  We've just had three amazing performances but to outsiders were a team sitting in a mid-table position below Dundee and Hamilton.  If Tommy guides us to another top 6 finnish/euro position then I think it may be time to worry.

I read earlier in week that Utd's wish to get Hughes from ICT was scuppered because of a £200,000 compensation clause in his contract. I'd be amazed if we let anyone even speak to Tommy without demanding a lot more than that!!!

£50k compensation  being quoted on twitter by Jim Spence. Peanuts for Utd. Remember how long it took yo get Tommy contract sorted - obviously a shrewd man.