Tommy Wright

50yrs a Saint

Tommy Wright has openly expressed his opinion on how Dundee United are run, and go about their business... NOT A CHANCE he will take that job!

Yes, he did question if the Chairman would be there for the long haul.

On the other hand that may be to United's benefit.

Can't see Tommy moving to a club that he has inflicted so much pain on.

Edited by HOODLUM65

If Wright wanted to leave Saints I think he'd have far more interesting opportunities open to him than Dundee United. As others have said, the Northern Ireland job is the one that would be the big worry.

United seriously need to get this appointment right, otherwise they're basically Hibs-in-waiting. Will be very interesting to see who they go for, as none of the publicised candidates seem particularly brilliant. No doubt Lomas will have his application in by now.

Edited by blueheaven

Why is everyone assuming tommy wouldn't take callum with him? All these guys seem to go around in pairs nowadays.

saints have consistently bucked the trend of hiring journeymen managers in the name of 'experience'. Why to people still think that will change as soon as a rumour about someone leaving crops up? 

Callum would have many reasons to want to stay, surely it would be up to him, not Tommy, anyway?

Be surprised if he goes to another Scottish team, but Callum a ready made replacement if he does, so compo and a new environment for the players win win 

We Aberdeen fans also think there is no chance of Wright ending up at Dundee Utd. He seems to be a very decent manager who is building teams from a tough defence starting point.

Wouldn't be opposed to him coming to Aberdeen once Derek McInness moves onwards and upwards from Aberdeen in a year or two ;)

You mean when McInnes goes back home to Ibrox?  Yes, I could see that one being a possibility further down the line..

It would be heartbreaking if McInnes went there, but I don't see it.

I potentially could see McInnes going at the end of the season, next season end at best, even though he is contracted till 2019. Meanwhile Warburton appears to have improved Rangers, so assuming they are still around and get promoted, I'm sure he'll get that chance to continue.

Personally, I think he could get a shot in the English Premiership at a club like WBA.

When is Wright contracted until? St J seem to have a good record of developing managers and letting them move on. You've actually seemed to have improved St Johnstone by improving the management team there.

I think it may be tough for you to get someone better than Wright.