Saints Beer

biffer

Yes.  Had some yesterday before the game - very tasty.  Will be going on sale in other pubs in Perth at the weekend - if you want it before then, you'll need to go to the Cherrybank.

Some people might be put off by the colour but it is very refreshing.

I hope there's plenty in town on 17/ 18 May! :wink:

From Dramscotland website:

"

On 05.06.14, by dramscotland

The Inveralmond Brewery in Perth has shown its support for local football team St Johnstone by brewing a blue beer to toast the club’s appearance in The Scottish Cup Final. The Saints 130 Ale is a 3.9% blue ale that takes its name from the 130 years St Johnstone fans have waited for their side to make an appearance in the Cup Final. The big game is on the 17th May, as St Johnstone take on Dundee United at Celtic Park in Glasgow.

The brewer behind the beer, Ken Duncan, described his latest creation:
“We wanted to create something more than just a generic pint to mark this memorable event, and we knew from the off we had to make it blue. This is a beer well worth the anticipation, tackling the senses with its zesty fruit aromas, inviting blueberry tang and a sensational finish like the one we’re all hoping for on 17thMay.”

Fergus Clark, Managing Director of Inveralmond Brewery, commented:
“This a magnificent occasion, and we’re thrilled to be one of the local businesses collaborating to celebrate this tremendous achievement. We will be backing St Johnstone all the way and we’ll be raising a pint of Saints 130 Ale to them on the day.” "

I have been asked to put this up:

‘SAINTS 130 ALE (yes, the blue one) is now available to buy direct from Inveralmond Brewery as of tomorrow in 5 litre mini-cask (8.7 pints) at £20 per cask. Supply is limited, and it’s expected to be popular.

You can order by calling 01738 444755 to get your pre-order in!’

See the Inveralmond Brewery Facebook page for more information: https://www.facebook.com/InveralmondBeer?ref=hl

Unfortunately I think you have to collect it from the brewery and it is limited.

Edited by Two Js

I won mini barrel in their competition, which I collect today! Together with signed Stevie May pump clip (which I will treasure and in time pass to my grandson when I tell him stories of Saints first Ever Scottish Cup victory). Already had a few pints in Cherrybank and beer is not at all bad so barrel won't last long! What a fantastic start to what will be an historic week! The future is bright, the future is BLUE!

COYS make our dreams come true!!

Gutted it's not available to buy by post - was looking forward to quaffing a mini-keg whilst watching the match on TV to make up for the disappointment of not being able to make the trip in person (can't even get the glory-hunting right these days... )