Congratulations To You Saints

el grew

Hi to all Saints fans from a Motherwell fan. I wanted to offer my heart-felt and sincere congratulations to St Johnstone FC and all the fans on winning the Scottish Cup today. I was rooting for you and I was really chuffed that you won.

Like most of you I have supported my club for a long time and when we managed to win the Cup in 1991 (strangely enough against Dundee Utd too) it was a sweet, sweet moment so I know exactly how you are feeling now.

Many, many congratulations. It's great to see the so-called provincial clubs winning a major competition. Hope you have a great time celebrating. Hope you do well in Europe and have a great season next year.

From a fellow football supporter.

Hi from a Hearts fan, who mother's family hail from Perth (Giulianotti aka Gillie, owner cafe in Methven Street and still own the Bee Bar and the Abbotsford).

Always love a visit to Perth and to the footsie at McDairmid Park.

Anyway, enough of me.........Hearty (pardon the pun!) congratulations on a wonderful and well deserved win today. Obviously dreams do sometimes come true! I waited 35 years to see my beloved Hearts to win a trophy, so I know how special today must have been for you guys. You should be proud of your players, your fine manager and the Brown family for a superb club and today is just reward for you all...but especially be proud of your selves, the fans.......outnumbered as ever, but you were a credit to your town and your club.....no bile, no hassle, just a vibrant show of support.

Good luck for next season and hope you have some good European trips. Hopefully see HMFC at McDairmid again in 2015/16!!!

Just popped in again to say congratulations on an absolutely fantastic display today Totally nullified United and every player stood tall with no exception

Have a fantastic party and a fantastic week

Congratulations  :laugh:

A Happy Hoop

Edited by Daniel Fegus

As a Motherwell fan, I'd also like to say congratulations to Saints. Firstly, it was great to see a terrific cup final contested between two decent teams for whom it would genuinely mean something to win the cup; the game was an enthralling spectacle and a great advert for our game and it was a fitting end to the season. It was great to witness history in the making - a momentous occasion. Well done Saints, see you in Europe yet again!

As a local rangers supporter I come in peace and wish to congratulate the saints on yesterday's victory, the overwhelming majority of bears were fully behind saints beating those dabs. Hope you enjoy your day in town for the parade might take kids up to see it :)

I stand doubly corrected :/

As a local rangers supporter I come in peace and wish to congratulate the saints on yesterday's victory, the overwhelming majority of bears were fully behind saints beating those dabs. Hope you enjoy your day in town for the parade might take kids up to see it :)

Come and join us next season

Thanks but no thanks mate RTID :) It pisses me off watching a saints team built at a fraction my team cost the way your team has went about there business has to be admired and with a good bluenose (even if he supports Binfield :() at the helm hope you get a good wee run in Europe.

What a fantastic day out yesterday and an awesome parade round Perth today. Have to say the the utd fans we met in the auctioneers and on the way to the ground and afterwards on the way back to the station and in the bars were brilliant. Friendly and congratulatory! Thanks to everyone from the Legends in blue to Tommy and of course Geoff and Steve Brown without whom etc. etc.  Europe to look forward to now ( any chance of Eses again ) Come on UEFA you know it makes sense.

Had a great time at Celtic Park yesterday. Support Wigan Athletic and a mate of mine was at Wembley when we won the cup last year. Great day. He supports St. Johnstone and joined him to see you have as much fun as we did. Fantastic memories for you all. Savour them. It was great to see another team in blue and white win their first big trophy. More power to the smaller clubs- and the fans who just hang on in there.

Walking back from the game into the city centre, we went past several Celtic pubs. Each one had Celtic fans clapping the Saints fans and shouting well done, right the way to the city centre.

It was a great atmosphere and great to have see so many congratulating us, including the United fans who were extremely magnanimous in defeat.