Season Tickets

Kyle

I only work 5 half days a week and am off every weekend  MS  . I have plenty time to do my voluntary stuff .Most people don't have that amount of free time and I am not gonna have a go at them for not offering themselves to the club.  On the topic of discussion( and regarding your "the club can do no wrong" attitude ), I am not afraid to criticise those running the club if I think it is warranted and a lot of what has been said in this thread is fair enough. Saints have at times, missed a trick. Nobody should be lambasted for dicussing this. The only thing I disagree with is some of the personal attacks.

Now are you sure their aint no tanks behind you??? 

I am not going to get involved in WAP tennis with you on this one. These tanks remind of you big, old and very loud!!

I never had a go at anyone for not volunteering. It was a suggestion that maybe if the Club are doing things so badly then someone with the correct knowledge and experience coudl help them if they so desired. So maybe you should read things right before commenting.

There will have been things done in the Club which a lot of people disagree with, but as is the case in every business those responsible will have made the decision based on information or plans they have which we are not party to. 

Now watch out for these anti-tank missiles :)

Mainstand.

I would happily swap a player or two for an experienced staff to work in marketing and PR.

Over the past two years we've had Beattie, Iwelumo, the boy from NZ and at least two more duffers signed at any one point.

Let's not forget we still have significant funds in the bank. Finding £60-70k PA to employ two good capable staff members to work in these areas isn't mission impossible and they would pay for themselves in next to no time.

Thousands of saintees visit the official site everyday, if you want to help sales then down load a few application forms and hand them to anyone you think might be interested. Download a few more and hand them into the saints Lotto outlets so they can hand them to subscribers when they pay their Lotto. It is the accumulation of different initiatives that will increase sales overall.

Thousands of saintees visit the official site everyday to catch up on last month's news if you want to help sales then down load a few application forms and hand them to anyone you think might be interested. Download a few more and hand them into the saints Lotto outlets so they can hand them to subscribers when they pay their Lotto. It is the accumulation of different initiatives that will increase sales overall.

More accurate :razz:

Thousands of saintees visit the official site everyday, if you want to help sales then down load a few application forms and hand them to anyone you think might be interested. Download a few more and hand them into the saints Lotto outlets so they can hand them to subscribers when they pay their Lotto. It is the accumulation of different initiatives that will increase sales overall.

I get what you're saying, but why should a company's customers have to do that? If the club itself can't be arsed doing that (I know they're busy etc) then I'm not sure you can expect people to take the time and effort to oblige.

I know recently that I was not impressed with the tangerines at Tesco. So, last weekend I went across to Israel in my own time and at my own expense, done some market testing, identified a new supplier and set up a trade agreement on behalf of Tesco....just so I could pay Tesco for better tangerines

Have you thought of writing to the Club and volunteering your your knowledge and experience on a free consultancy basis. I am sure they asked for this last year.

Sadly comments being made are being made without full knowledge of the facts which iam sure the General Manager and the staf at McD will have,

As far as Roddy is concerned he is not the general manager.

You also need to highlight the ecellent work the Club are doing with the schools and the number of visits taht the cup has made to local schools.

So what is Roddys Job ? and dont they read the posts on we are perth ?

OK, I will bite once again in defence of the club I love. Saints, in staff terms are a relatively small club, with many staff multi-tasking. Yes they have been slow off the mark in terms of marketing season tickets etc., however I'm sure they've been run off their feet with cup winners memorabilia etc. Fact is we are where we are. Saints are being run as a business by a very successful businessman, as was his father before him, and they wont overstretch the club by taking on further staff, who they perhaps do not see as essential or cant justify a full time role (my opinion only). The playing budget has been cut, so I'm sure that's the case throughout the rest of the club. As for the "you have to spend money to make money in business" argument, yes to an extent that's very true, but you have to run a tight ship and justify every penny. Id rather be in our position, and put up with a marketing strategy with failings and the criticisms of some fans, than follow the models followed by The Rangers, Dundee, Livi, Gretna, Hearts etc. etc.

Role on the Euro Draw and lets hope all the fans get right behind the team once again!

Get the tissues out....

Were not saying that there a nice club and well run we love all the staff.. However its a bussiness and to get cash you need to speculate so offer Roddy a non paying position as ambassador

of St Johnstone and use his wage for a quality Marketing Executive.....

Watch Roddy F Off to something else quicker than pele...

I'm sure that felt relevant and totally hilarious when you typed it....

His point is 100% correct even if slightly exaggerated.

If St Johnstone were any other business, they'd have gone to the wall a long time ago because of their apathy to their own customer base. They're lucky supporters don't change teams in the way people will change supermarkets or car manufacturer etc etc.

We are talking about a business that is over 100 years old and they can't even get the basics right when it comes to marketing.

There is no excuse for it and anyone sticking up for the club is do

I'm sure that felt relevant and totally hilarious when you typed it....

If St Johnstone were any other business, they'd have gone to the wall a long time ago because of their apathy to their own customer base. They're lucky supporters don't change teams in the way people will change supermarkets or car manufacturer etc etc.

We are talking about a business that is over 100 years old and they can't even get the basics right when it comes to marketing.

There is no excuse for it and selling tickets

There is no excuse for it and selling tickets

How did Dundee sell 3000 then ? What marketing did they do eh?