Kinnoull Hill Deaths

Dave Ferg

My gran worked at Murray Royal and I always remember whenever there was an article in the paper about somebody jumping of Kinnoul Hill, she would mutter "oh aye, I mind him right enough" or similar.

It really is a favourite spot for jumpers.

Really difficult to understand the depths of despair and the mindset of somebody who would want to take their own life.

Edited by Edstar101

It just shows how ill/disturbed the person or persons are to carry out such an act.I have always been told that you have to be one of the bravest people on earth to take your own life,kinda true,but also truly mentally unstable.Alcohol/drug misuse can obviously play a major factor too.I have personally known 2 people who have jumped from there over the years,one of them showed no signs of having problems either mentally nor substance abuse,still baffles me years later as to why he did it.My wifes aunt walked out of Murray Royal and straight to the top of Kinnoull hill,she was due to be discharged and couldnt face the fact that she would have to cope without 24 care.If we remember just a few years ago the woman who walked from Letham with her two kids to there and pushed the pram over the edge killing her kids as well as herself,nobody can comprehend what was going through her mind during that long walk,she did suffer depression etc but her mental problems must have been so so deep.Anyway RIP to the two latest unfortunate people and i hope they and all the others past have found the peace they were looking for.

Yes , it seems that most of these unfortunate occurrences are spur of the moment things , tho some may have had previous mental problems .

The thing about this is you never know when it may affect someone related to you , or in fact you yourself .

There again you don't have to have mental problems, it may be physical, to reach the depths of Depression.

Feel sorry for those left behind.