Worldwide St Johnstone Fans - Player Sponsorship

AthensSaint

Doesnt everyone have family in Perth / Scotland that can send in a check ?

I don't so I'd be looking to pay by paypal or bank transfer. Failing that money in an envelope I suppose...

I don't really mind which of the suggested options we go for, just happy to make a small contribution to the club. £20 would be fine by me. 

STOP PRESS

We have been given another potential option.

The legend that is Steven Anderson. The man who has stuck with our team through good and bad times (like many exiles did 20/30 years ago). The man who wrote his name in history as the first St Johnstone player to score a goal in the Scottish Cup Final. A Scottish Cup winner. I am pretty sure we could secure the matchball sponsorship for his testimonial regardless of who the opposition is.

Now the normal package is for Matchball....

Package for four people includes:

• Four-course meal
  • A table for the afternoon within one of our prestigious suites
  • Signed St Johnstone F.C football
  • Company logo in programme
  • Scoreboard & tannoy acknowledgement

Rest assured (and knowing who would be able to help us secure this) we will get a lot more for our sponsorship than a normal run of the mill match ! 

If we had a list of Exile WAP St Johnstone fans that would make the effort to be there for Ando's testimonial, then we pull lots. or all of those that have pledged the minimum(ten pounds) go into a rafflle and can nominate who ever they want to attend on their behalf. Just initial thoughts.

Ando's signed ball get's full treatment, glass case with plaque and we "lend" to Barossa, Ormonds, Cherrybank or wherever ???

I like this option, let me know your thoughts

As of today around 17 pledges of ten pounds and above. I am confident we will have enough to purchase sponsorship at some level.

The testimonial committee are setting up a paypal account which they say we can use so we will have a trusted and reliable conduit to deposit in to (they will know to keep it separate).

Ok, after reviewing posts on this thread and a large number of PM's, I have taken the liberty to drop the concept of a season ticket. This is for various reasons, stewardship, club permission to share and just too complicated over a season. We can re-visit the season after next if we want to.  

So the choices on the table are.... 

1. Player sponsorship which stands at 300 GBP. As previous, most of the big names have gone. A lot of people said they would rather sponsor a young up and coming player than a big name as is is in the spirit of WAP and of WAP exiles.

2. I have requested the club to give us first choice on a new signing. The club have very much told me they hold us Exiles in high regard and I think this is a viable option.

3. Ando Testimonial Matchball (at 300 GBP). This would entail signed matchball, one signed shirt (a one off embroidered testimonial shirt).  

I reckon if you could get 15 boys to pay £20 for matchball sponsorship, you would get signed match ball, a signed Ando shirt ( the ones for the testimonial match will be ONE-OFFS) and I think, ( but I would have to run it past the committee) we could get you 15 programmes, signd by Ando, which we could mail to each individual and maybe a wee write up about the Overseas Saints??? The programme will be  a one off and  way above the standard of saints match day programme. We have our next meeting next Thursday. We also have a paypal account being set up so if you did get 15, payment for this would be simple.

unquote

The programme extras are not promised but we can either donate to the top 15 highest contributers or the first 15. We can discuss if or when we secure this "extra". I like the idea of a write up for WAP Exiles in the match programme though.

4. Matchball sponsorship at an SPFL match (500 GBP). We draw lots for one seat each from all Exile contributors and they do whatever they want to with the VIP package for the game (4 persons). Raffle it, donate it to a deserving cause, come to the game or whatever. The ball gets 5 star treatment in a glass case and sits in Barossa, Ormonds or wherever WAP Saints Exiles are welcome when we return.      

This is going to happen, just need to know what the majority want....................

No preference on these, now that the season ticket concept was torpedoed.... I just want to support the club. Send out the paypal address and a few dollars will swing over.

I congratulate you on actually getting this launched, seems like we've had a few stop - start threads on this topic in the last couple of years and its come to something this time.

I'm hopeful we can build on this ...

Edited by Texas-Saint