Ando Testimonial Match

patsy

No real point taking much from that game, much like the York game its effectively just to give the youngsters experience and give match fitness to players coming back from injury. Only two, maybe three of that side will be in our strongest eleven, two are just back from injury and one went off within 15 minutes. 

Millar and Clarkson were just there to help out again, but hopefully Brown gets the hint that thats all thats out there just now and realises he's ****ed up. 

Agree that Easton looks like a star though, genuinely wouldn't be adverse to starting him on the left against Ross County to see how he gets on, been better there than anyone else this season

I'm convinced that tommy wright must be pumping Gary McDonald's wife, there must be a reason that Wright loves playing him, cause although McDonald had competition from David Clarkson for the unspeakably shite award, McDonald once again was dreadful

Was he ****. He was nowhere near the worst senior player out there, and he was, in my mind, one of the better players. Cannot believe how desperate people are to criticise him, its utterly ****ing pointless and makes you come across as a complete cretin, which you clearly aren't

Was he ****. He was nowhere near the worst senior player out there, and he was, in my mind, one of the better players. Cannot believe how desperate people are to criticise him, its utterly ****ing pointless and makes you come across as a complete cretin, which you clearly aren't

Okay, Clarkson was much worse. In my opinion McDonald was awful as well. I don't rate McDonald, but against Trnava I thought he was good in the second half. He can play excellently if every player is playing at the same high standard but if we are struggling, he sticks out.

Easton once again impressed when he came on, not sure if he's ready for a start but he looks like a decent option from the bench. Once he becomes a little big stronger upper body wise I think he will be getting more game time

First of all, well done to everyone who was involved in organising today's events. Great job.

As for the match itself.. I know it was a friendly and should generally be treated as such, but I left McDiarmid Park feeling very uneasy about what I'd just seen (despite Fair Maid being played at the end :wink:).

This wasn't like the friendly against York in which we simply fielded a bunch of youngsters, most of whom will never step up to the first-team. Our starting XI today was made up of a couple of first-team players, with the rest comprising of players who are expected to step up to the plate when injuries/suspensions occur. The majority of these players simply aren't good enough or aren't ready yet. For me, our usual starting XI is one of the strongest in the league. However, our squad seems to be sorely lacking in quality.

Having said that, I'd like to comment on the performance of Dylan Easton once again. He was a class apart, as he was against York also. He will get his chance, of that I have no doubt.

Difficult to take any positives from that, we were dreadful and Hearts made us look very ordinary. Caddis struggled for me, neither traillist impressed especially Clarkson who makes Fallon and Iwelumo look decent. Kane put himself about and Dylan Easton was OK but lacks a yard of pace. Hearts were hungrier and quicker and kept the ball moving well.

Had a great day today and even got my programme signed by the man himself so fair chuffed.The scoreline wasn't what you would hope at your own testimonial and took the shine off a special day for Ando.

In football terms we were dreadful and it has sent me into a slight (and hopefully unfounded) panic. Praise goes to Easton as well who looks very promising.

Game of two halves & we were gubbed in both by 2 Hearts young teams who were quicker,fitter,faster,hungrier & could pass & control a football.

Both trialists didn`t help & the No 10 was worse than useless but he did try. Hopefully if we are to bring in new players I hope it is neither of these 2.

At least 2 goals came from McDonald losing the ball in midfield & he missed a sitter.

On the strength of today we do not have much in reserve to cover injuries & suspensions.

Edited by Cagey

Disappointing performance. I thought Dylan Easton looked good. He was neat and tidy on the ball, takes decent free kicks and was unlucky not to score after beating 3 Hearts players in the box.

As for the trialists, I thought Clarkson looked one paced and, apart from one little through ball in the 1st half, offered little. As for Millar, I would prefer to take Paddy Cregg back. I still can't believe we let Cregg go and kept on Gary MacDonald.

Well that did not even reach the giddy heights of  being awful. Even taking into account it was a pre-season friendly/testimonial match, it was eye wateringly piss poor.. The only positive was that it was a decent turnout for Ando, specially from the Jambos who had just over 700.

Not a single thing in that game to hang onto in terms of  1st  team player positives. Some of the younger lads were okay..

I pray to God that come 3pm next Sunday we are far far far better becaus if not we WILL get horsed..

Well done Ando and well done to my fellow testimonial committee members for there efforts in getting this game organised.

Edited by The ghost of Jim Morton

Well that did not even reach the giddy heights of  being awful. Even taking into account it was a pre-season friendly/testimonial match, it was eye wateringly piss poor.. The only positive was that it was a decent turnout for Ando, specially from the Jambos who had just over 700.

Not a single thing in that game to hang onto in terms of player/team positives.

I pray to God that come 3pm next Sunday we are far far far better becaus if not we WILL get horsed..

Well done Ando and well done to my fellow testimonial committee members for there efforts in getting this game organised.

Big well done to the guys behind this,and the hearts support

But if what was on the pitch today is our back up to first team ,oh my god were in for a tough ride

Would not read much into that game today. Hearts one week away form a start of the league v a young saints side with some first team players who were never going to go in 100% given the European game on Thursday.

Thought Hearts looked good and showed that Rangers will not get it all their own way in the championship nest season. As for Saints

•  we got 45 for Stevy May,
  • Ando got 90 mins under his belt
  • Dylan Easton showed up well

And most importantly Ando made a few quid out of it.

Unfortunately today that argument for me does not really stand up, Hearts first team is still pretty much their youth team, so their second team is basically their youth team second eleven, totally outplayed our whatever you want to call our line up , I wonder how many trialists hearts played today?

Would not read much into that game today. Hearts one week away form a start of the league v a young saints side with some first team players who were never going to go in 100% given the European game on Thursday.

Thought Hearts looked good and showed that Rangers will not get it all their own way in the championship nest season. As for Saints

Agree a wee bit main stand but surely as a top league team we should have enough in reserve to give them a decent game,not what went on today

These guys have to step up if Needed FFS