The Last Game At Muirton

sleepless

I also took a picture at the game and it fuqed up cos half the picture has Athens saints bonce in it.thats before he was Athens Saint.at least there's proof he was there

See these chunts that always seem to end up in yer photaes that aren't meant to be.what's tat all about eh?

Bit of a coincidence; I was reading the programme from that match yesterday.

I was there, got the programme and badge, but didn't go on the pitch.

All I can remember, is everyone standing around awkwardly after the final whistle, wondering what to do next, then trudging off to the pub.

Bit of a coincidence; I was reading the programme from that match yesterday.

I was there, got the programme and badge, but didn't go on the pitch.

All I can remember, is everyone standing around awkwardly after the final whistle, wondering what to do next, then trudging off to the pub.

We couldnae wait tae get on the pitch muirton park turf remover courtesy of Wendy who fanzine in hand.braw Edited by slf

I got the sign "Players and Officials", huge wooden thing, put it in my pals shed up North Muirton. It never survived the North Muirton floods..... i do have a press card from Muirton though. Found it in the rubble when we went down to climb about the ground when the bulldozers went in.... ...cannae mind my last match.

I was there. Poor game. Saints had a few ex-players on the pitch at half time that got a cheer from the 6200 or so crowd. We had a good rivalry with Ayr around that time from the old second division days. A few perth lads entered at the ice rink end (away end) and wandered round toward the Ayr mob who laid into them, so more perth lads climbed into the Ayr end... It was a bit bizarre that £10K had been spent (by aberdeen!) on this huge double line segregation fence only for the perth lads to simply jump onto the track, walk along a bit then jump into the Ayr end as there wasn't a single policeman or steward stood there!! The brief rammy was probably more entertaining to watch than the match.

At the end loads of saints fans ran onto the park and I just remember it all being an anti-climax, a sad empty feeling. Still got the programme, the badge, the fanzine with the plastic fork turf remover. It was just after hillsborough and the experience of going to the football was about to change completely forever.

I thought that Ayr were very similar to ourselves in terms of size of town and support at that time, if anything their crowds were maybe slightly bigger. But following our move to mcD our paths went in completely different directions as for the quarter century since we've mostly been premier league or top end of the first whilst they've struggled between the first/ second divisions. Funny how much of an impact the gift of a bit of farmland can have on a club. Always wondered if it had been an Ayr, raith or Morton moving to a new stadium at that time if they would have kicked on and had the same 'success' we've enjoyed.

We're blue, we're white, we're ****ing dynamite, we're super saints, we're super saints.

They're black, they're white, they're absolutely shite, they're Ayr united, they're Ayr united.

Ayr Ayr **** yer Ayr, Etc etc

I have an original espana lithograph world cup poster that came of geoff browns chair room wall.In frame mounted on a board.... My father in law helped geoff with removals to mcdiarmid and he gave him it. I also did have some turf but when the houses got decanted in muirton my wee garden patch was uprooted

C'mon, spill the beans. Who was it ??? I guess Hodgie (John).

Did he not jump out and moon at the Ayr fans or was that another game?

I was there but not on pitch so no turf. Got the program and commerative stuff. It was given at game if I remember correctly.

Also there were a lot fewer Ayr fans there than the press reported.

Did he not jump out and moon at the Ayr fans or was that another game?

I was there but not on pitch so no turf. Got the program and commerative stuff. It was given at game if I remember correctly.

Also there were a lot fewer Ayr fans there than the press reported.

The legend hodgie was not involved and he's no called john.