8. StansTheMan

9. TheInspiration

10. TommyTurnersTache

11. Jenko82

12. SaintDougie

13. Andrew Holden (potential driver)

14. David Holden

Edited by ryangordon86

I've been quoted £1500 for a 50 seater,plus paying 2 drivers digs,but i'm confident it's a mistake,don't know if anyone else has had coach quotes

No I've not. Would definitely go for that. I'm not sure how they'd manage that for £1500 but get back in touch to confirm it. That's the same as it would cost to do it ourselves!

FYI:

S1ycccl.jpg

15.95chf (£10-50) in my local shop for 20x 330ml bottles of the local beer.

Drinking in bars is expensive, buying beer from the supermarket isn't too expensive.

is there a square or somewhere that fans could congregate to drink? Is drinking permitted on the streets?

is there a square or somewhere that fans could congregate to drink? Is drinking permitted on the streets?

YWm8i12.png

Perhaps around Europlatz in front of the KKL, or at the Inselipark on the right of the map?  Although I haven't a clue how the locals or the Polizei would feel about having 300 odd drunken Scots getting hammered there. 

First of all, hi together. I'm another amazed Luzern fan. Just great to play in Scotland, one of my favourite countries. :)

FYI:

I guess the whole day will be managed like in 2012, when the lads from Genk (Belgium) were in town. You'll probably get a "protected zone" at the banks of our river in the middle of the old town. There's an English pub, some local restaurants and pubs and within a walking distance of about 3-5 minutes you'll find other pubs. You can buy alcohol in every supermarket and drink it wherever you want. Beer in supermarkets is reasonnably priced as the jcbt-lad showed you. A local beer in a local pub/restaurant costs around 4 to 5 swiss francs (around 3£) per 0.33 litres. A pint of Guinness, Bulmers, Ales and stuff in the English or Irish pub is pretty expensive (6£) because it's all imported.

Of course the fans can walk all around the city in small groups, but I guess that the police wouldn't accept big mobs/crowds of Scots at another place in town during the day.

This is the area where the Genkies could congregate to drink:

06%20Rathaus%20mit%20Reusspromenade_0.JP

And this is the view you get from there if the weather is nice ;):

luzern02.jpg

Edited by William Tell

Can I put my name down for this. Don't know any of the you guys currently travelling but looks like I would have to make my own way over there anyway. No way like getting to know a group of guys like on the bus through Europe!!

No problem. I'm looking to book up probably by the end of the week.

Bus provisionally full!

1. Ryangordon86 (driver)

2. Darren Paterson (potential driver)

3. Ghostie

4. Gordon Bell (driver)

5. Aitchy

6. Saintly Child (driver)

7. BundeSaint (driver)

8. StansTheMan

9. TheInspiration

10. TommyTurnersTache

11. Jenko82

12. SaintDougie

14. David Holden

15. Chansey

I should have definite prices sorted by tomorrow afternoon.

Ally low interested possible driver if required

Tel. 07803021752

You're in.

1. Ryangordon86 (possible driver)

2. Darren Paterson (potential driver)

3. Ghostie

4. Gordon Bell (driver)

5. Aitchy

6. Saintly Child (driver)

7. BundeSaint (driver)

8. StansTheMan

9. TheInspiration

10. Ally Low (Driver)

11. Jenko82

12. SaintDougie

14. David Holden

15. Chansey

I have just received a final quote for the bus of £565 for 5 drivers, collision waver plus an additional £50 refundable deposit. I'll call them in the morning to ensure that covers overseas travel as there's no mention of it.

I've also just realised my photocard has expired and I can't find my counterpart :oops: so someone else may have to make the actual booking. I'm not sure if I'll get a replacement from the DVLA within the next 3 weeks?

Essentially we'll need £750 to cover the hire and the tunnel crossing.

This means we need someone to make the booking. It will require 15x £50 from everyone wanting to go as we have to provide proof of our return channel crossing to the company at the time of booking.

This also means we'll also have to decide which crossing we're going to aim for. Personally I think the midnight crossing on Tues night is the one to go for, alternatively there's a 6am crossing but we wouldn't get into Lucerne until late afternoon/early evening Wednesday which would be tougher on the drivers.

Willing Drivers - I need to know when you passed your test. Only Pre-1997 license holders can legally drive overseas.

Can I get confirmation ASAP from everyone who's name is listed? I'd like to have everyone's £50 deposit by Thurs/Fri to book everything by Sunday at the latest.

We'll get someone well known and responsible to gather the deposits! :laugh:

Final Cost £1500 or £100 per person.

breakdown:

£615 for Vehicle hire

£600 for fuel (should be nearer £500 in reality)

£140 for Channel crossing

£25 for Swiss M'way permit

£40 for tolls

£80 unnaccounted expenses (I'm not sure on toll prices for minibuses, my costs were based on cars)

Edited by ryangordon86