8. StansTheMan

9. TheInspiration

10. Ally Low (Driver)

11. Jenko82

12. SaintDougie

13. Andrew Holden (potential driver)

14. David Holden

15. Chansey

I have just received a final quote for the bus of £565 for 5 drivers, collision waver plus an additional £50 refundable deposit. I'll call them in the morning to ensure that covers overseas travel as there's no mention of it.

I've also just realised my photocard has expired and I can't find my counterpart :oops: so someone else may have to make the actual booking. I'm not sure if I'll get a replacement from the DVLA within the next 3 weeks?

Essentially we'll need £750 to cover the hire and the tunnel crossing.

This means we need someone to make the booking. It will require 15x £50 from everyone wanting to go as we have to provide proof of our return channel crossing to the company at the time of booking.

This also means we'll also have to decide which crossing we're going to aim for. Personally I think the midnight crossing on Tues night is the one to go for, alternatively there's a 6am crossing but we wouldn't get into Lucerne until late afternoon/early evening Wednesday which would be tougher on the drivers.

Willing Drivers - I need to know when you passed your test. Only Pre-1997 license holders can legally drive overseas.

Can I get confirmation ASAP from everyone who's name is listed? I'd like to have everyone's £50 deposit by Thurs/Fri to book everything by Sunday at the latest.

We'll get someone well known and responsible to gather the deposits! :laugh:

Final Cost £1500 or £100 per person.

breakdown:

£615 for Vehicle hire

£600 for fuel (should be nearer £500 in reality)

£140 for Channel crossing

£25 for Swiss M'way permit

£40 for tolls

£80 unnaccounted expenses (I'm not sure on toll prices for minibuses, my costs were based on cars)

Just back in after another 14 hour day. Great work Ryan.  How do i get my money to you mate?? Happy to pay the full £100 up front.  Is the bus Edinburgh based?? Are we sorted on somone to actually book it.  As you already know I am away saturday and working right up till Friday, otherwise I would be happy to  book it. This is gonna be a fecking blast..

Right just so you know, according to my friend who lives in near Lucerne, flying to Basel or Zurich is not a problem for getting there. Basel has a direct shuttle bus and Zurich Train station is next to the Airport. As for Hotels apparently The Winkelreid is around 15 minutes from the stadium and reasonably priced with a great selection of Whisky. Failing that apparently The Ibis is central and frill-less.

You may all be aware of this already but I just thought I would add it anyway.

Would bus be leaving from Perth?

What are likely times for leaving? When would you expect us to be in Switzerland for? When would we be leaving after game? When would we likely be back?

The bus has to be picked up and dropped off either at Linlithgow or Newtongrange. 

What I'm suggesting is we make Newbridge village the official leaving point, purely because after driving all that way, the last thing someone is going to want to do is head for Perth to drop people off and then come all the way back to Linlithgow. Sharing 3 cars and leaving them at Newbridge village will more than cover the Perth contingent.

Provisional departure would be 1pm on Tuesday from Newbridge. Route planner suggests around 8 hours to The Tunnel. Take the midnight crossing which would have us in France before 1am. Route Planner has it as another 9 hours to Luzern. By the time we stop for some Croissants and Baguettes en-route we'd be arriving by Wednesday Lunchtime.

I imagine there will be a few sore heads come Friday morning so I'm suggesting a 10-11am departure with the aim of getting the midnight crossing back (or round abouts). Should have everyone back home by Saturday 12pm at the latest.

It's around 8 hours this side of the Channel and 9 on the otherside. With driver changes every 2-3 hours this will be easily manageable and everyone should be pretty well rested.

I suggest travelling at night as the roads will be dead and I know If I'm driving on the wrong side of the road I'd prefer to do it with minimal traffic.

Count me in as a definite but I won't be able to drive as I only passed my test in 07. Wouldn't mind uk driving if needed

You're reserve No.1 mate. We're only taking 15 as I luggage space is limited. I'm sure you'll get on though, not everyone is going to be up for it.

A guy from Lucerne on facebook saying parking is £1.50 an hour 24/7,just a heads up for possible more unexpected charges

Yes, in the city centre the prices are horrific. There are cheaper options, though.

This is not too far from the centre, costs under 10 CHF (£7) per day

http://www.eiszentrum.ch/home/page.aspx?page_virtual_url=Langzeitparken 

There is one possibly free (not 100% legal I guess) option I am thinking of... PM me for information. ;)

I drove in the West Bank - if you can drive there you can drive anywhere! I suppose I could do a bit overseas. Licence from 1986/7. Am away just now but let me know how to pay and I'll get it done. Thanks

Edited by andrew