Fcl On Tour 2014. First Stop Perth!

Disagree completely Jason as do wap barossa committee. More to be announced soon if plans come off

------------------------------------------

If you can get an outside area, and teach the barman not to be a miserable **** to new people, then you have my vote.

• 2 weeks later...

In all honesty, Barossa Street club isn't the best advert for St Johnstone these days, I found it very dark and grubby last time I was in there, 16th May. The weather on the 24th I'd imagine will be bright and sunny, drinking outdoors is the best bet, St Johns square has plenty of bars round it, I'd recommend that area.

------------------------------------------

If you can get an outside area, and teach the barman not to be a miserable **** to new people, then you have my vote.

please tell us you version of the events, i was not there

your new people you talk about is it just you 

please tell us you version of the events, i was not there

your new people you talk about is it just you 

----------------------

Yeah, the barman was being a c**t .

Basically really not sure Barossa Street Saints Club is a good idea for the Swiss fans....am sure they want to be out and not couped up inside.....

But as Lark says, there are other places in Perth.

http://www.perthstationhotel.co.uk/ has a beer garden but a tiny bit away from the proper town centre and will be pricey for drink with it being a hotel

http://www.twatamsmusic.co.uk/ pub has an outdoor sheltered area. Recently redecorated, used to be a popular privately owned local music pub before my time but is now chain owned. Nice enough place though.

Edited by MySpazz

These events are becoming more regular, maybe the club themselves could look at doing something to keep the money in house so to speak, marquee on the AstroTurf maybe ??? Scottish music being played, pies on sale, obviously an alcohol licence would be needed, but it would generate cash for the most important organisation - St Johnstone !!!

These events are becoming more regular, maybe the club themselves could look at doing something to keep the money in house so to speak, marquee on the AstroTurf maybe ??? Scottish music being played, pies on sale, obviously an alcohol licence would be needed, but it would generate cash for the most important organisation - St Johnstone !!!

Said the same in post 44;)

We are a big club now with 15000 travelling fans. Barossa St is going to be open all day and is putting on live music, options for food and putting on 2 coaches with 100 seats to run to and from the gamme. Barossa can accomodate 250 and is child friedly creating a family friendly zone. Full details of what is happening will be released by the committee shortly, there will be Swiss fans in Barossa. No one is forcing anyone to go there but it will b good and folk giving up there time to make this happen.

Wouldn't it be an idea in this era for St Johnstone football club to buy a pub ?? Maybe the old Sportsters place for days like this, Perth could do with a sports bar of some sort, why couldn't the club run their own, generating every day money, every day of the year. I know they have mcd for lunches and stuff, but a city centre sports themed bar would cater for a different clientele, maybe even running buses on match days, worth a thought maybe ??

Wouldn't it be an idea in this era for St Johnstone football club to buy a pub ?? Maybe the old Sportsters place for days like this, Perth could do with a sports bar of some sort, why couldn't the club run their own, generating every day money, every day of the year. I know they have mcd for lunches and stuff, but a city centre sports themed bar would cater for a different clientele, maybe even running buses on match days, worth a thought maybe ??

----------------

this might not be the right thread, but i can't understand why they don't actually have a hotel! There is enough land around McD for one.

What's the deal with Ormonds these days? It's got a little outdoor area and used to be Saints themed, but nowadays seems to have ditched its Saints connection. Went in there for a drink the day before the Cup final and it stood out as one of the few places on the street that didn't have any stuff up in its window or door in support of Saints.

What's the deal with Ormonds these days? It's got a little outdoor area and used to be Saints themed, but nowadays seems to have ditched its Saints connection. Went in there for a drink the day before the Cup final and it stood out as one of the few places on the street that didn't have any stuff up in its window or door in support of Saints.

Need to ask Larkie