Outside Fanzone Before Home European Tie

thetullochclub

In an ideal world yes, but we have 800 members so what if they all turned up !? On occasions like this when there's very little time to put things in place, everyone needs to come and go a bit. Obviously the guys who use the club day in day out wont be locked out, and we know who they are. It's not an ideal situation, but you can't please everyone, we do try though !

Fingers crossed! It's all just local members/saints fans/committee putting it together, a lot of sorting out when we've all got day jobs, plus half of us didn't get home from Switzerland until Saturday night ! If it goes off well there's no reason why we can't do it more often. There will be teething problems, that's for sure, but I'm confident it'll be a great day !

When we were at Times Square, St Enoch's on Cup Final day, the police watched from a distance. By 1 pm there was a huge outside crowd with glass bottles, glasses etc. The police just watched and never interfered even as the outside crowd got bigger and bigger. Even when some young dude climbed an empty container and conducted the choir aloft..they just watched and let it go. Hats off to them. So if a huge bunch of Swiss geezers come up to The Tulloch to join in the fun, here is hoping that the Tayside police take a similar attitude and stance that the Glasgow bobbies did on May 17th. Geez, when I think back and we used to moan about old Murie and Bonthrone   :?    

I'm sure common sense will prevail on the night. It's as much an unknown quantity for us as it is the police. We are working closely together to ensure everyone has a good time.

What we all have to remember is, when there's alcohol being served and children there, safety has to take priority.

The world has moved on since we used to get taken to away games and left outside the boozer with a can of coke and a packet of crisps with all the other kids.

Anyway, it'll be fine, we're all buzzing about this, looks like we'll get the weather, so bring it on !

When we were at Times Square, St Enoch's on Cup Final day, the police watched from a distance. By 1 pm there was a huge outside crowd with glass bottles, glasses etc. The police just watched and never interfered even as the outside crowd got bigger and bigger. Even when some young dude climbed an empty container and conducted the choir aloft..they just watched and let it go. Hats off to them. So if a huge bunch of Swiss geezers come up to The Tulloch to join in the fun, here is hoping that the Tayside police take a similar attitude and stance that the Glasgow bobbies did on May 17th. Geez, when I think back and we used to moan about old Murie and Bonthrone   :?    

Aye but Glasgow is awful apparently

Soooooo Jealous. Hoping that both the Saints and the Swiss fans have a fantastic day. Great to see the Tulloch organising this in conjunction with local fans.

Regardless of the stick the club gets for not organising anything, the fans in recent times put so much hard work in to making occasions like this work. Hope you have the great day you deserve.

Brian Bonthrone my auld mate RIP