Southend To Geneva For £100 Return

Don't know about direct flights to Southend, u can fly to Stanstead and take the train to Liverpool street which is where the Southend trains leave from. London City is Docklands Light Railway to Towerhill, underfround to Liverpool street(5 mins) and train to Southend. Possibly best way 3 or 4 car share to Southend, 520 miles from Perth.

Easy jet were doing flights from edinburgh to Southend...worth checking out.

If u do get into London....don't go to Liverpool street....ur best getting train from fenchurch street....via basildon. More of a regular service. Takes about hour to get to Southend from London on train.

If anyone needs help then I have transport and can help if ur stuck in Southend or whatever.

Please pm if u need help.

Southend is a lovely wee airport too.

Edited by essexsaint

Worth bearing in mind that southend airport has its own train station, although that's on the Liverpool st line. Never thought I'd be reading a thread on here about how to get to southend, my hometown

Fair play....to get to Southend central best on fenchurch line. I put my hand up and say I didn't know about the station link to southend airport. If anyone needs any help in Southend let me know, I'd be happy to help.

To be honest I haven't yet used either southend airport or its train station, which only opened fairly recently, but I've heard very good things about the airport.

Just had a look on the train line for london liverpool street to southend airport - seems like there are 3 trains an hour during the week, takes about 53 minutes (direct)

If you're going through the town centre the Fenchurch street line to southend central is I would think quicker and more convenient.

In any case, Southend is spoiled by having two train links to London. What's more, it's only a short walk between Liverpool Street and Fenchurch Street stations, should anyone be taking the Stansted - London - Southend route.

Although I haven't lived in Southend for a long time, I go there fairly often and maybe can and try and answer any questions anyone has. 

Good on yer Essexsaint - it's good to know that there are Saints fans round the Southend area!

To be honest I haven't yet used either southend airport or its train station, which only opened fairly recently, but I've heard very good things about the airport.

Just had a look on the train line for london liverpool street to southend airport - seems like there are 3 trains an hour during the week, takes about 53 minutes (direct)

If you're going through the town centre the Fenchurch street line to southend central is I would think quicker and more convenient.

In any case, Southend is spoiled by having two train links to London. What's more, it's only a short walk between Liverpool Street and Fenchurch Street stations, should anyone be taking the Stansted - London - Southend route.

Although I haven't lived in Southend for a long time, I go there fairly often and maybe can and try and answer any questions anyone has.

Good on yer Essexsaint - it's good to know that there are Saints fans round the Southend area!

Yeh good transport links to and fro London. Nice airport.

It's great being saints fan here..I am deemed as "interesting" as I don't support either of the old firm.

Southend is a great town. Everyone is very friendly. People from Essex mix well with the Scots as we both have strong identities.

Come on you essex saintees!

Totally agree re Essex, I lived in Stock for a year(best village in England) and then Southminster for 6 yrs, never gave up my season ticket and still managed 15 or so games a year. Glad to be home but we were made very welcome in Essex and the prom at Southend is a superb people watching place.

Totally agree re Essex, I lived in Stock for a year(best village in England) and then Southminster for 6 yrs, never gave up my season ticket and still managed 15 or so games a year. Glad to be home but we were made very welcome in Essex and the prom at Southend is a superb people watching place.

"superb people watching place "........=  Burds Scantily dressed