Is Steve Brown Qualified / Should He Go

byebyedundee

I think we are all a bit frustrated, it would be nice to build on the success but we have to trust the men who have saved our club and provided us our greatest day in football. As before I would rather we lived in our means and pay the bills unlike rangers hearts and Motherwell and if that means bottom six and 10th place finish then so be it.

We could improve our Pr but we are getting better at it

In Steve I trust

I fairness whilst I admit to being a bit frustrated if you look at Saints PR over the last couple of years since Steve took over it is better.

Social Media has been a revelation. Twitter, Facebook, videos, podcasts etc. Superb. Also, the cup doing the rounds has been excellent. We did well drumming up interest in the cup final and the merchandise we produced was timely and of good quality, including the commemorative strip.

We've also had terrific deals for families and some good season ticket deals.

Overall, room for improvement but a step in the right direction.

This thread has so boiled my piss I have gone through it to check how many likes you have received.....I counted 5.....3 from 1 poster and 2 from another poster, from your countless posts. Without meaning to be smug I have received 3 from 3 different people from my 2 posts.

PS To all the sane and sensible people out there I sincerely apologise for my "trolling" but as I said this thread has really pissed me off.

Why have the Mods not locked this thread yet? It has dragged on long enough.

Why should they?

Agree or otherwise the guy is entitled to his opinion.

Some of the points are vaild, if a little stronger than necessary.

We can't just close every thread where we disagree with someone otherwise it would just be SLF talking to himself all day and night on here.

This thread has so boiled my piss I have gone through it to check how many likes you have received.....I counted 5.....3 from 1 poster and 2 from another poster, from your countless posts. Without meaning to be smug I have received 3 from 3 different people from my 2 posts.

PS To all the sane and sensible people out there I sincerely apologise for my "trolling" but as I said this thread has really pissed me off.

Wow.

This thread has so boiled my piss I have gone through it to check how many likes you have received.....I counted 5.....3 from 1 poster and 2 from another poster, from your countless posts. Without meaning to be smug I have received 3 from 3 different people from my 2 posts.

PS To all the sane and sensible people out there I sincerely apologise for my "trolling" but as I said this thread has really pissed me off.

Yeah, I got the same.  But the guy makes so many claims and then refuses to answer questions when challenged that I wasn't really surprised.

Why have the Mods not locked this thread yet? It has dragged on long enough.

--------------------------------------------

The Mods are in on it, its all part of "worldwide saints" hostile takeover, led by a secret conglomerate in Piraeus....

As you may have seen from other threads, the war fund is already underway

Yeah, I got the same. But the guy makes so many claims and then refuses to answer questions when challenged that I wasn't really surprised.

My favorite responder just can't keep away from this thread even though he stated how bad it was he keeps on coming.

Appreciate your support

When the blue and white ticker tape was fluttering doon on our faces on May 17th . I never expected to read a thread about Steve Brown with the heading it has .! He became a legend like the rest of the "Team" that gave us that day in the sun after a mere 130 years.! He should be given total respect and faith from the fans .He is indeed "Qualified"  when ye have a look in the Trophy Cabinet.! BTW.!BBD you cant get any better PR than winning that auld bit of silverware, and parading it round the City on a sunny sunday afternoon.!

Edited by croc

Oh Romeo, Romeo, where art thou Romeo. Manhatten or Manhattan, with Saints or without Saints?

It's the way it is BBD, and always has been and always will be. Enjoy the best times in Saints history as the rest of us are doing, they won't last forever. 

Oh Romeo, Romeo, where art thou Romeo. Manhatten or Manhattan, with Saints or without Saints?

It's the way it is BBD, and always has been and always will be. Enjoy the best times in Saints history as the rest of us are doing, they won't last forever.

I am man big time but his comment just made me sick especially when I can see the cringe on TW face anyway I will

I truly meant no harm or offense to our supporters and if I have I'm sorry just not going to give him a free pass

Guest The Great Paddy Buckley

I have just stumbled across this. Am I dreaming? St. Johnstone have just won the Scottish Cup under the tutelage of Steve Brown. The club's first silverware in 130 years. Yes sure there may be marketing and administrative errors that need ironing out but the words that come to my lips are, "Thank you Mr. Brown"

John

I have just stumbled across this. Am I dreaming? St. Johnstone have just won the Scottish Cup under the tutelage of Steve Brown. The club's first silverware in 130 years. Yes sure there may be marketing and administrative errors that need ironing out but the words that come to my lips are, "Thank you Mr. Brown"

John

Agree a wee bit with this some credit to SB just a wee bit

But 95% must go to the manager/ players /coaching staff / back room staff \ the fans

--------------------------------------------

The Mods are in on it, its all part of "worldwide saints" hostile takeover, led by a secret conglomerate in Piraeus....

As you may have seen from other threads, the war fund is already underway

Texas......Niarchos, Onassis and Livanos are all showing interest in the take over proposal. Let me know how you are getting on with ExxonMobil, Chevron and Phillips66 ?  I hope nobody tells The Broons of our secret plan. Oh and I think we should drop BBD as our Chief Publicity Advisor :wink:   

We have won the Cup with an average home following of less than 3000 fans, which I'd hazard a guess at being the lowest supported club to win the Cup in the professional era.

We've punched above our weight on the pitch, but it's the financial security that we have which is purely down to the Brown's which has allowed us to progress as a club. They deserve as much credit as TW, Lomas (as much as I disliked him) and the players for where we are and what we've achieved.

The club isn't perfect, but people need to recognise where we are in the history of Saints, maybe a period of success we'll never see again, and hold their hands up and thank the Brown's for providing that.

Okay it's clear I dont like the guys people skills and the way he has quickly taken away the high of our cup winning year. So since were all talking about his style and acheivements let's try and be fair and ask ourselves is he the right man for the job and why oh why should he get credit for what his father has put in place and also what the management have done.

Please this is important I was totally against the guy in the first place however i laid off but the following has to stop.

1. LATE SEASON TICKET RELEASE

2. LATE STRIP RELEASE

3. ZERO CUP WINNING CONTINOUS CELEBRATION

4. NO CUP DVD

5. NO PR... TERRIBLE PR INTERVIEWS

6. NO SESON TICKET PUSH

7. NO TOWN CENTER KIOSK

8. NO NEW SIGNINGS

9. FREE FLIGHTS FOR HIS BEST MATES

I KNOW I CAN GO ON ON ON ON ON BUT LETS SEE SOME OTHER POINTS...

AND IF YOU LIKE SOME POSITIVES

WEAREPERTH CAN WE HAVE A FAN VOTE ABOUT STEVE STEPPING DOWN

OK i have thought  about this long and hard and will answer the Questions,

1/

Was it that late?Plenty of time for new season really was it not?The may have been  a possibility of getting  forms out sooner but the Cup Final would have taken up a lot of the staffs time.I also feel that there is only so much you can do to entice people and if you want a strip/Season Ticket  you would get it anyway.

2/

Got to defend Saints on this one!It was out in plenty of time, weeks before the season started and a massive improvement on previous seasons, cant see the problem.

3/

What exactly is continuous  Cup winning Celebration?Do you want a parade in the town every Sunday?Perhaps the bus went to fast for you on 18th

4/

You might have a point about this, but it is not the Chairman's job  i wouldn't,have thought, i am a bit surprised Cossy wasn't all over  this like a  rash.maybe  the Club are looking at the Christmas market for this.

5/

I just think The Chairman  comes over like that, but not meaning to sound bad , i believe he is a realist and like his father before him, we are not always going to like what he says/ does, but i would bet 99% of his decisions and his father's  before him have been to the benefit of the Club.

I remember sitting in the Social Club at Stranraer  when it was announced that Muirton had been sold to Asda and  Saints were on the move..I bet you  90% of folk that night that we were  doomed! I have trusted the browns to do the right thing ever since, despite a bit of a ding dong with GB about the Dunkeld Road Club asside.

6/

See ONE.

7/

I have my doubts if this would work, even  on a semi permanent basis,  and not sure it would be viable!You have Campus  all year round with a good variety of Saints merchandise , and you can get  some stuff at McDiarmid reception and the Club shop on Match days,it is my opinion that a Kiosk would be poorly attended barring popular times like Cup Winning time!Christmas ect. and Who would man such a project? I dont really buy much stuff on line for personal  reasons(IE its Killing te shops) but perhaps for those not in Perth The on Line merchandising  could be improved, but as i say i dont know much about it  and Certainly dont think you can blame the Chairman direct

8/

FOR YEARS NOW most of have been pleading for youngsters to be given a chance.I was lucky enough to be invited to the Inaugural  Youth Awards as a Sponsor(WAPBarossa) and it was clear  from that night that both the Manager and Chairman were determined to improve on youth and youth Facilities Incuding upgrading the all weather pitch..Both said that night that 5 players would be promoted to the first team and this has happened, and i for one am delighted.!Lets put it this way how many would have predicted Stevie Mays  inclusion and performances at this time last year.?I think the next to step up will be Scott Brown and i believe he will start on Thursday!Then you have Chris Kane!Who knows if he is the same as Stevie May but i would rather him than another Fallon or big Chris.

Despite all this i still think we will see one or two new faces before the window at  shuts  at the end of August, a lot  for me will depend on the result on Thursday, ie if we are still in the tie and have a high turnout at  the home game, and if the League Finally  come up with a sponsor,something that i am afraid i have no confidence in those that run the League producing, but i am certain effects our budget, as does not having Hibs,Hearts and The The in our League.

I do think the Manager  and Chairman could have been more united on this front though, but to sum up i would rather youth was given its chance than some washed up League 2 dud.

9/Dont know what to say to this but will say this,The new Director is a good friend of mine and is no free loader, and will work his socks off for the good of St.Johnstone, as do all the other directors, to insinuate  that any of them are in it for a  wee freebie to the Swiss Alps is insulting at best!!