Is Steve Brown Qualified / Should He Go

byebyedundee

Everyone seems to be jumping on the "Steve Brown is trying to make money for himself"..... As of yet, there has been nothing to suggest he is taking any money out of the club and is verging on slander.

We do deserve answers though!

I agree

The  players not re signed were, Nigel. Creg, Dunn was a loan went back to his parent Club, Iwulmo and Clancy should never be classed as signed players, both were here as they were free agents, I would probably go as far as saying they would be on minimum wages,  so I would say we lost 2 players.

IMOP, Kane can contribute as much as Nigel, Caddis can be a Creg, Scot Brown is better than Creg, Clancy actually did alright when asked, Iwulmo I COULD DO ****ING BETTER at 55years old would still out jump and win the header against him,

so no we have not lost 5 players, we have got rid of 5 employees who sit in the stand and pick up a wage, that's all.

I run my own company plumbing/heating/electrical and refrigeration engineers I don't have second rate engineers sitting at home getting paid just in case some of our

best engineers decide to get pissed/ no well and canny make their work so I can pull them into cover them.

Steve Brown will prove in the future that like his Dad who was hounded in the past but proven right in the end that the stance he is taking will be adopted by teams in the future.

Lets support our team stop, all this shite off no signing anybody as above, most signing's we have made early doors have been shite anyway, Scott Dobbie ,Sean Higgins, Sam Parkin, etc etc

Rant Over.

5 players released also and not enough money just to bring one in as cover any injuries which will happen and we are ****ed!!!!!

As a supporter who followed Saints  for about 20 years prior to The  Browns becoming involved i will be forever greatfull  for their involvment .  They 
 have put thousands of unpaid hours into keeping  our club going on meagre crowds and we are very lucky to have them . Please enjoy our
success and give Steve Brown a break.  

I thought the euphoria off our Cup win would have stayed with me a lot longer than a couple off months but all the crap going on is sure knocking dents in my euphoria, so come on Steve and co. get your finger out and treat your manager, players and fans with the respect they deserve. 

From one old pissed off saintee.

PS Euphoria is my new favorite word :laugh:

SLF my scooter bud one thing I can tell ya is that I truly believed that with 3 additional signings one of them being Goodwillie we may of taken 2nd place and created history once again.....

Nevermind SLF we'll never know will we....

May will not go to Rotheram and Brown will lose him next season because he waited too long to extend and TW will certainly be deflated 

The man is Clueless at managing to come over an say hi to me 

fixed

There is certaimly something wrong at the club.

How many Genneral/Commercial managers have come & gone & done nothing over the years that Steve has been in charge. I like Steve & have allways got on well with him but I thonk somethings ot right.

Everyone seems to be jumping on the "Steve Brown is trying to make money for himself"..... As of yet, there has been nothing to suggest he is taking any money out of the club and is verging on slander.

We do deserve answers though!

I'd have serious doubts. In fact I'd be stunned if he was.

Still doesn't mean he's doing a good job.

BBD how do you know he is not in love with the Club like his dad? You appear to think Roddy is getting a wage for doing nothing?.

Cagey could it be that Steve is too hands on for a CEO or MD to work. that is why he has associate directors with responsibility for all the bits and pieces. Geoff Brown operated with Stuart Duff in charge and when he was ill he brought in the ex accountant from Price Waterhouse, who's name escapes me to run things. 

Hibs and Celtic are 2 clubs I can think of where there is a MD in charge but in both cases the owner is absent. Laswell runs Celtic and the Irish owner is hardly there. Peatrie ran Hibs while Farmer is never there.

Not asking for an MD not asking for anything outrages or unrealistic

I put this topic to bed but clearly there is a lot of grief regarding Steve browns management skills

There's a book out we're i. Europe we are abou to start the league campaign all he's done is deflate a growing support and made the beginning of the season uninteresting when he should of capitalized on it.

C'mon main stand surely your disappointed in what' he doing

Might be common knowledge but I've never seen it so... can anybody tell me what was the prize money in the pool for winning the cup.

What I should have asked was... what did we get after the Secret Football Association (SFA) took their cut which was, allegedly, around 42%

Edit to alter the c*&p grammar.

Edited by Indicator

Okay it's clear I dont like the guys people skills and the way he has quickly taken away the high of our cup winning year. So since were all talking about his style and acheivements let's try and be fair and ask ourselves is he the right man for the job and why oh why should he get credit for what his father has put in place and also what the management have done.

Please this is important I was totally against the guy in the first place however i laid off but the following has to stop.

1. LATE SEASON TICKET RELEASE

2. LATE STRIP RELEASE

3. ZERO CUP WINNING CONTINOUS CELEBRATION

4. NO CUP DVD

5. NO PR... TERRIBLE PR INTERVIEWS

6. NO SESON TICKET PUSH

7. NO TOWN CENTER KIOSK

8. NO NEW SIGNINGS

9. FREE FLIGHTS FOR HIS BEST MATES

I KNOW I CAN GO ON ON ON ON ON BUT LETS SEE SOME OTHER POINTS...

AND IF YOU LIKE SOME POSITIVES

WEAREPERTH CAN WE HAVE A FAN VOTE ABOUT STEVE STEPPING DOWN

Does SB take a wage from Saints? I was under the impression none of the bigwigs do.

If so, I think his annual salary amounting to a couple of free flights for his pals is probably acceptable to most supporters?

Does SB take a wage from Saints? I was under the impression none of the bigwigs do.

If so, I think his annual salary amounting to a couple of free flights for his pals is probably acceptable to most supporters?

I don't give a toss if he does or doesn't take a wage if he's not up to the job remain chairman and get a Stewart duff type character or step down. He's not doing a sterling job if tommy was bottom of the league he'd be fired s b recent customer skills have to be answered no one is above stjohnstone

I don't give a toss if he does or doesn't take a wage if he's not up to the job remain chairman and get a Stewart duff type character or step down. He's not doing a sterling job if tommy was bottom of the league he'd be fired s b recent customer skills have to be answered no one is above stjohnstone

You're missing my point. I'm sure if you take the average salary of an SPL Chairman, it'll equate to more than a couple of flights which was one of your MAJOR issues.

The  players not re signed were, Nigel. Creg, Dunn was a loan went back to his parent Club, Iwulmo and Clancy should never be classed as signed players, both were here as they were free agents, I would probably go as far as saying they would be on minimum wages,  so I would say we lost 2 players.

IMOP, Kane can contribute as much as Nigel, Caddis can be a Creg, Scot Brown is better than Creg, Clancy actually did alright when asked, Iwulmo I COULD DO ****ING BETTER at 55years old would still out jump and win the header against him,

so no we have not lost 5 players, we have got rid of 5 employees who sit in the stand and pick up a wage, that's all.

I run my own company plumbing/heating/electrical and refrigeration engineers I don't have second rate engineers sitting at home getting paid just in case some of our

best engineers decide to get pissed/ no well and canny make their work so I can pull them into cover them.

Steve Brown will prove in the future that like his Dad who was hounded in the past but proven right in the end that the stance he is taking will be adopted by teams in the future.

Lets support our team stop, all this shite off no signing anybody as above, most signing's we have made early doors have been shite anyway, Scott Dobbie ,Sean Higgins, Sam Parkin, etc etc

Rant Over.

I hope there is no chance of going into administration..................

Why is everyone constantly on about administration......A BUSINESS SHOULD PROFIT AND GROW.... thats all saints do, nothing which is rocket science, they balance the books..... what other shyster clubs do is not every club....

as a business we are only doing that which most businesses do........!

I am not the best businessman in the world, I may also not be the sharpest tool in the box ,however over the last 20 years I have been able to steer a company through one of the worst Recessions in the building/construction industry in living times and survived. SB has done the same in his capacity as The MD at GS Brown. and taking St Johnstone to above the 1969/70 legend status and beyond. by the way before any one wants to comment I do not know SB.GB personally.

Shite posted on this forum (and I hold my hand up) is no more than the Billy big mouth in the pub who spouts his pish and really Know's **** all.

BBD I would quote your question but quotes is still not working for me.

Am I disappointed? I think you have to strike a balance between bringing though young players and bringing in experienced pros. Saints have 14/15 experienced pros and a group of 5 or 6 young players. If we were signing players young Brown, Caddis and Kane would probably have to go out on loan where as keeping them here we will see whether they are ready for the first team.

I will wait and see how we get on as far as May is concerned he is going to go at some point if we get money for him and invest in the team and academy then the youth set up will have done its job.

More disappointed in the overall hysteria that seems to be gripping the forum more than anything else.

There is certaimly something wrong at the club.

How many Genneral/Commercial managers have come & gone & done nothing over the years that Steve has been in charge. I like Steve & have allways got on well with him but I thonk somethings ot right.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cant recall why the first one left now, but the last two were sacked for different reasons. 

Cutting through all the crap, Steve Brown has been a breath of fresh air since he came in but all that goodwill is about to be flushed away by this calamitous summer, The lack of contracts for Wright and May is totally misguided. The two most important people at the club have been treated like sh1te. Peanuts for May while 3 MILL for Gauld. I know which tayside chairman has had a good summer,

Well I think we've waited long enough regarding TW and May these contracts should of been wrapped up a long time ago also as far as all the other PR opportunities missed time will tell but make no mistake the sales will drop dramatically in 2015 unless we have an outstanding season.

The supporters have given I repeat given Brown Enterprise a shit load of money for the past two home games and will no doubt give them more all they are asking is ...

A... Kept informed more

B... Kept excited regarding our up and coming season

C... A couple of strategic signings like we have done year after year for the good of the team and reward for our manager...

D... Lastly an appreciation to our magnificent support who took 3 times more to Switzerland than Aberdeen took to Spain..., Much harder more expensive....