For Those Not Heading Out To Lucerne

SaintDougie

Well folks, looks like we are going to be dumb out of luck again this year, sources in Lucerne have confirmed that there will be no stream during the game. Also looking at the radio coverage from BBC Scotland they have opted for the following...... Commentary of Aberdeen v FC Groningen with updates from FC Luzern v St Johnstone and Motherwell v UMF Stjarnan, Thu 17 July, from 18:10 BST.

So it appears that even winning the Scottish Cup and qualifying for Europe three seasons on the trot still doesn't earn enough respect from BBC Scotland to at least give listeners an option. Regardless of this I will still be going to the Polwarth. I fully understand if those that were keen don't see the point now, however I will still be going along to the pub for the live updates and a few nervy pints, so it goes without saying I would certainly prefer to be in the company of fellow Edinburgh Saintees in the same boat. Especially if the result goes our way

We will likely set up the area through the back at the pool table like last year and have whatever we can on the telly there. There was a good wee number of us last year for both away fixtures and we had a great laugh, both nights were also made better by the results going our way so fingers crossed.