St Johnstone V Fc Luzern Thursday 24 July 2014

andrew

Great video that showcases not only how great their fans were, but also the nonsense leading up to the penalty they missed and the utter scumbaggery of their 5th taker trying to put off Scobbie by taking an hour to get back to halfway line

Great video. Really good watching the penalties from that angle

Shock.

He does act a bit brain dead sometimes.

I like the fact that Frazer Wright winds up opposition fans and players. Scottish Football is a far to sterile environment these days. Most players have the personality of an ant and seem to think sitting in Nandos and going on holiday to "Maga" constitutes a personality.

Growing up I remember watching lots of players who would noise up the opposition fans and players. It was great, it added something's to to the game. Now the Police, Stewards and footballing authorities freak out even if a player takes his top off after scoring a goal! Madness.

Long live players like Frazer Wright, who wear black boots, who don't have fancy hairstyles and who wind up opposition fans and players!

It probably doesnt help our case when our own fans are so "vocal" in suggesting we will of course get a UEFA fine. Hopefully lesson learnt by the "do-gooders". 

The young dudes also need to learn that one day they will over step the mark. Europe and SPFL are a different beast.    

Maclean's an awesome wind up merchant too. This picture was taken in injury time of a Torquay vs Oxford match. Oxford (who he was playing for) had just scored a 91st minute goal and this is what our Steven did to waste time. Check the looks on the faces on the bench behind him.

.OxfordUnited-ballLogo.jpg

We are lucky to have so many class acts at Saints at the moment.

Personally, I would just give Steven MacLean, Frazer Wright, Dave MacKay and Steven Anderson jobs for life at Saints when they finally decide to hang up their boots, although hopefully that will be a bit away yet, especially in Ando's case. They are all proven winners, let them coach the youth teams etc. Although I wouldnt be surprised if they all went on to forge succesful coaching careers elsewhere after retiring.

WOfz4Ud.jpg

Luzern had the chances in the first game to kill the tie. They never took them and when it went to bloody penalties there was only going to be one outcome. Meh. 
Oh well, there's always next season (maybe).

As for the bottle incident, this happened right in front of me and my mates. There's a wee pathway near the crematorium on Crieff Road. Some throbber hiding in the darkness threw a glass bottle into the crowd of FCL fans who were being marched by the police back into town. It hit a guy on the head and he had to be put into an ambulance. 

Nice to read comments about the FCL fans making a good atmosphere.  

WOfz4Ud.jpg

Luzern had the chances in the first game to kill the tie. They never took them and when it went to bloody penalties there was only going to be one outcome. Meh. 

As for the bottle incident, this happened right in front of me and my mates. There's a wee pathway near the crematorium on Crieff Road. Some throbber hiding in the darkness threw a glass bottle into the crowd of FCL fans who were being marched by the police back into town. It hit a guy on the head and he had to be put into an ambulance. 

You had the chances to win the second one too, although we probably came closest to scoring when Caddis hit the post.

Your support is truly excellent - the best I can remember at McDiarmid Park certainly - and with a bit more cutting edge up front, you guys would've comfortably won the tie IMO.

All the best for the season ahead - I'll certainly be following your results.

WOfz4Ud.jpg

Appreciate your involvement on the board and your fans are the best away support I've seen at McD.

You have a smashing team and good times ahead for you. Wish Lucern all the best for the future and you are always welcome back here.

Ditto the above.  Technically the best side I've watched at McDiarmid Park in 30+ years of watching Saints.  Pity for you guys you faced us and not Celtic in the Champion's League or you'd have sailed through :D

Brilliant away support, and I hope the incidents involving one bawbag in Perth and one in Lucerne won't affect your opinion of our club.  

All the best for the season ahead, and good luck finding a striker that can hit a barn door.  If you guys had Stevie May you'd be frightening.  (He's not for sale!)

WOfz4Ud.jpg

I also thought there would only be one outcome when it went to pens - imagine my surprise! 

It was a really enjoyable tie and not just because of the result. FCL have a great team, unbelievable fans and class in abundance .

Hope you have a great season   

Cheers.  It just wasn't to be. Life goes on.

Ditto the above.  Technically the best side I've watched at McDiarmid Park in 30+ years of watching Saints.  Pity for you guys you faced us and not Celtic in the Champion's League or you'd have sailed through :D

Brilliant away support, and I hope the incidents involving one bawbag in Perth and one in Lucerne won't affect your opinion of our club.  

All the best for the season ahead, and good luck finding a striker that can hit a barn door.  If you guys had Stevie May you'd be frightening.  (He's not for sale!)

Exactly that... a pair of bawbags. All the Saints fans I met both over here and in Scotland were sound. 

I'll be emailing Alex Frei to let him know of Stevie May's contract situation. Get him tapped up for next season. ;-)

The FCL fans are actually part of the appeal. Going to away games with FCL is brilliant. For example, Sion away involves a 4hr party train and then non stop singing, flags, pyros, beer, etc etc. It's like how it used to be in Scotland in the 80's.