St Johnstone V Fc Luzern Thursday 24 July 2014

andrew

I was a complete nervous wreck....in the concourse at Prestwick Airport after flight from Frankfurt delayed then re-routed there from Edinburgh

It was cool though....loads of my fellow passengers knew by the time the game went to pens that me and Ben were Saints fans and were constantly asking for score updates

They kinda guessed we won as Ben and I jumped about like idiots in an otherwise deserted airport

thought they were good back to middle but pish upfront a better team would have humped us

They oddly started with their most threatening player on the bench. The guy who scored home and away for them also hit the bar last week and went v close from about 20yards tonight. He tore us to bits last week

What a night.  On football ability, they were better than us and for me better than Rosenberg.  But it would have been tough to lose to a team of absolute cheats, and on this they were as bad as Minsk.  As for the ref - nah, I'm not even gonna bother.

Now to Saints.  Yet again, showed what a great team spirit we have with this group of guys.  Never prepared to give up and again got their reward for a great attitude. Nothing will ever beat May 17 for me - but that came mightily close.  

Fantastic result gained on hard work and dedication. Luzern had better players than us, but that's never stopped us in the past.

Millar, Brown and the two centre backs gave everything. 9/10 penalties were all very well taken.

Credit to away fans for adding to atmosphere and not reacting to the stupidity of the pitch invasion- (they were rightly booed by the majority of our support!)

Something has to be done about this BBC coverage or lack of it!!! **** them. That was shittest coverage ever, and we all pay our TV licenses (kinda), absolute joke!!!! If its not the OF it doesn't matter, they do absolutely nothing to promote the Scottish game outwith the big 2.

Raging!!!

Does anyone have any views on the events before their missed pen? A different player went up and set the ball down, was all set to take the pen when the horrible No. 15 went up and took it instead.
The player who didn't take it didn't seem that confused, and the two players didn't even speak as they passed each other.

I can't decide if the player who didn't take it was overexcited and thought it was his turn, possibly putting No. 15 off his, or whether it was some kind of planned mind-game which delightfully backfired.

Did anyone know what set off the two sets of players aruging during the pens? Mostly McLean and Wright with their No. 7

Their final pen taker's attempts to put off Scobbie by taking an age to get back to the halfwayline was tragic as well, glad to see them bumped out.

Saints were magnificient, exhausted and run ragged by a better technical team, but magnificent

I know he gets pelters at times but what a shift from Chris Millar.  He was absolutely dead on his feet tonight by the end  . Best moment was after a tackle near the end, he wanted to stay down , Wright literally picked him up like a drooned cat and plomped him on his feet, wee pat on the bum and off he went ha ha !!!!

And he also had 2 shots on goal ........one was even close!

What a night.  On football ability, they were better than us and for me better than Rosenberg.  But it would have been tough to lose to a team of absolute cheats, and on this they were as bad as Minsk.  As for the ref - nah, I'm not even gonna bother.

Now to Saints.  Yet again, showed what a great team spirit we have with this group of guys.  Never prepared to give up and again got their reward for a great attitude. Nothing will ever beat May 17 for me - but that came mightily close.  

Of course they were better than us.  I wouldnae say they were a team of absolute cheats mind you.  They had one or two who were dramatic, they were not over physical.  Minks were just a shower in comparison, to put Lucerne in the same category as Minsk is rather harsh imo.

We were terrific and the fans were were terrific.  Brown was fantastic in midfield and looks a real prospect.  Midgey and Wright threw themselves at everything and in Mannus we have an amazing keeper (although he was not troubled hugely).

Onwards comrades, Slovakia awaits....

COYS