Tam Scobbie - An Appreciation

Pelosi

Just want to thank Tam Scobbie for his excellent penalty kick last night, to hold his nerve knowing that each of his fellow teammates had already converted their's... absolutely brilliant!!

Must have been something to do with what he carried in that poly bag through Edinburgh Airport on his way to Lucerne last week!  :laugh:

From a team under McInnes that just couldnt find a LB and ended up with that c*nt Granny Dainger. We are so lucky to have Scobbie, BEast and Callum directing operations. Long may the debate go on who should start at LB but guess with slimmed down squad, Tam will play more as a uitility cover.

that penalty will go down in history alongside Mark Treanor's against Airdrie for sheet guts

Sleepless, Tam getting many accolades on this thread which he should enjoy reading and which he thoroughly deserves. BUT, your accolade comparing him to Mark Treanor"s coolness is probably the highest of all and one he probably doesnt understand so much. Also Treanor at Firhill one afternoon stepping up to the penalty spot, we were so confident he would score...we would have mortgaged all of Letham. And of course he did !

Mr Scobbie, welcome to being one of the saints fans memories that will be discussed in 30 years time.        

From a team under McInnes that just couldnt find a LB and ended up with that c*nt Granny Dainger. We are so lucky to have Scobbie, BEast and Callum directing operations. Long may the debate go on who should start at LB but guess with slimmed down squad, Tam will play more as a uitility cover.

Still think Scobbie is a better CH than he is a LB.

Tam Scobbie played like a future captain last night. He was the first to congratulate his team mates when they scored their penalties, the first one to try and get the crowd going before the penalties started and then stepped up to take his the 5th penalty to win the match.

#inspirational.

For someone who recevied such an underwhelmed response when he arrived, he's been a really good servant to the club. He's always filled in well when we've had injuries, playing around 30 games a season, and has never let us down. I feel sorry for him not being fit to make the cup final squad, but he deserves all the plaudits he gets.

Tam Scobbie is my Wee mans idol. If there was ever a chance to chat to any of the players it's Tam he always goes too. Tams the man for sure and after last night he's an even bigger hero in our house.

He loves taking his dug to the game and sets out his top in the morning ( bless )

Well done tam ) hero

This was tweeted regarding the Luzern goalkeepers conversation with Tam prior to his penalty kick!

St Johnstone 1884@stjohnstone1884

TS: "The goalkeeper (Zibung) kept saying 'It's me and you'. I was thinking 'Fair enough, I wouldn't expect anyone else to be there'."

Classic response! :laugh: