Volunteers Wanted At Club 1St Friday August 2014

THE LARK SAINT

.can ye prove this was malicious or are ye just sounding off?

Does it really matter if its malicious or not, Kev the Tannoyman made an announcement before kick-off that seats are for sitting in not for standing on.  98% of the people in the stadium managed to adhere to this without incident.  Why should over exubarance be a valid excuse for damaging property ??

Nah .i suspect some folk have an underlying agenda towards the dudes that create an atmosphere that's all.

Still confused as to how creating an atmosphere has to involve damaging property?  by all means bang a drum, stamp your feet, clap, sing, bang on the advertisement hoardings, wave flags etc. etc.   Standing on and clambering all over cheap plastic seats does nothing to add to the noise being created unless i'm missing the point entirely.

At Celtic park when we scored i stoood on the back of the seat in front and it snapped to bits....... never meant it..... considered sending a cheque to celtic, but obv didn''t.

it was an accident.... naturally i woin't stand on the back of the chairs ever again..........but i did break one......cos shit happens

Does it really matter if its malicious or not, Kev the Tannoyman made an announcement before kick-off that seats are for sitting in not for standing on. 98% of the people in the stadium managed to adhere to this without incident. Why should over exubarance be a valid excuse for damaging property ??

How do you know there were 140 people standing on the seats? Kev the tannoy made a lot of announcements last night, don't go on the pitch, no pyro, no racist chants (baffled me) why not concentrate on all of the things everyone did adhere to rather than highlight the negative that resulted in one broken seat which may or may not have been caused by someone standing on it? If Kev announced that for safety reasons we were all to stay in the stadium until 10:30 last night and only go to the toilet between 9:00 and 5 past would you have adhered to that?

Were you ever young and maybe a wee bit rebellious? Young guys have been going to football for years and getting into bother, that doesn't mean it's right it just means that it happens like smoking, underage drinking etc.

Much rather these guys were going to see Saints and creating a great atmosphere than joining the poisoned hoards travelling to other cities! Having their own great memories that will make them saintees for life and bring their kids up in the tradition. What's the alternatives? More bigot brother followers, they are always showing tolerance of others, following stadium rules, leaving places as they find them aren't they?

What harm are they causing you or others amongst our support? Losing one seat per game seems a fairly cheap price to pay for what they bring. Some of the best atmospheres I have ever seen at Saints games are now being created by this crew, don't wish them away, you may not like what's left!

Edited by 208saint

Kojak I am sorry you might claim to be educated and intelligent but surely you let your hair down at some point or other.

The lads last week were more or less joined by the squad celebrating the win the fans were all prressing down towards the front. Some seats will definitely have been broken accidently.

SLF thanks its always to hear from someone who has actually seen it and not just taking other folks word for it. Found it strange that some comments on twitter last night about all thee alleged broken seats was posted so quickly after the game and named the alleged culprits. Lets hope we don't end up with another season of digs at the young lads this year.

Personally i think we should just play behind closed doors for the rest of the season... No broken seats, no young team, no moaning at mcdonald, no bickerimg on here whos the biggest saints fan is... What would folk argue about then?! ****ing letham imagine living there ya tink!! :wink:

They were truly outstanding last night. I think you had to be outside the East Stand to appreciate it fully. I thought the Lucerne fans had snuck back in in Saints tops. A few broken seats is a small price to pay, in all senses of the word.  

Although they have some way to go to equal that mental Spartak fan with the hair who was at the Tulloch and lead their fans' singing.   

They were truly outstanding last night. I think you had to be outside the East Stand to appreciate it fully. I thought the Lucerne fans had snuck back in in Saints tops. A few broken seats is a small price to pay, in all senses of the word.  

Although they have some way to go to equal that mental Spartak fan with the hair who was at the Tulloch and lead their fans' singing.   

was that the david guetta lookalike?

The Young laddies getting it tight again cause they burst a chair. Oh well.

Suppose fixing that chair will fit nicely into the 'Infrastructure' folder and will stop us spending 10 bob on that new Striker we're aw crying oot for.

The Atmosphere is pish at McDiarmid were the cries before and now we have a young exuberant bunch of fans willing to constantly create an atmosphere the agenda seems to be to shoot them dowm at every opportunity.

They've probably done a few daft things, in fact I've witnessed it a few times, but overall they are no really doing any **** any harm and as previously said at least they are choosing to support Saints rather than go elsewhere.

Some of the things that people complain about on here perturb me to say the least - and you can be sure an odd burst seat or whatever wouldn't even get a mention on other teams forums. The way some go on you'd think that one of the young team had ransacked your hoose before pissing on yer sofa and shagging yer dug.

Why should over exubarance be a valid excuse for damaging property ??

remind me not to sit behind you at games. when ando scored at parkhead i ended up 10 rows further down, i didnt try to damage a chair , i didnt but easily could have by accident due to my over exuberance!

a standing section would be the solution