St Johnstone V Spartak Trnava 31St July

norwichsaint

With size of squad there isn't going to be much difference, but would be tempted to start as below. Wotherspoon the surprise but based on last performance and from what I have read, it may be justified and could work to our benefit if he comes on champing at the bit.

Mannus

Mackay. Scobbie Wright. Easton

Croft. Miller. Brown. O'Hallaron

M & M

Subs: Banks, Miller, Caddis, Macdonald, Kane, Easton, Wotherspoon

I wouldn't argue with miller starting-I just felt we looked better with Mackay at RB after Miller went off last week. Certainly in an attacking sense, which I'd expect to be more of an issue this time out.

Got to agree with you.Miller really had a poor game and we were far better with Dave there and tam in the middle.

Paying for preference, if a seat is just a seat then why different price for differing parts of the ground? Preferred view, I hate being too near pitch. Away from idiots, which is less likely given this arrangement granted. I don't think you can argue with someone who has shown financial commitment to club.

I assume you'll gladly move if you're sitting in a seat marked reserved, given a seat is a seat......

does the ST holder in question have the cup top up option?

if not then it is not his seat.

Don

does the ST holder in question have the cup top up option?

if not then it is not his seat.

Don't know if tongue in cheek or wind up but cup top up option applies only to domestic cup games. :cry:

Edited by Markinch Saint

What's going down on the TV coverage front. I've posted this earlier: I'm on holiday in the Algarve and the guy in Charlie's Bar has promised me that if their is tv coverage He'll get it on his illegal dish. Please tell me I'm not restricted to updates via Sky. Could someone do some investigating on this matter and spare a thought for a sunburned bevvyed up Perth man.

ITV, ESPN and BT sports apparently share the rights in the UK for the EL. Live football on TV.com is saying "no upcoming live fixtures".

No sign of a highlights programme on BBC or STV.

Radio Scotland are covering the CG, but will presumably have updates every two or three hours as per normal. They have all those regional variations sometime, but it's all CG here at the mo - Scotland are doing rather well.

I don't know where an illegal feed is going to come from, unless Slovak TV are taking a feed. No point in checking the illegal sites now, as they seem to list all matches regardless of whether a stream actually ends up coming through.

Maybe this will change, or maybe others can find something.

Sorry. :sad:

What's going down on the TV coverage front. I've posted this earlier: I'm on holiday in the Algarve and the guy in Charlie's Bar has promised me that if their is tv coverage He'll get it on his illegal dish. Please tell me I'm not restricted to updates via Sky. Could someone do some investigating on this matter and spare a thought for a sunburned bevvyed up Perth man.

You'll have to make do with updates I'm afraid. BBC (in) Scotland's only OB camera is being used to give us pictures of that smug t*** G Lineker esq from his temporary Commonwealth Games studio.

You'll have to make do with updates I'm afraid. BBC (in) Scotland's only OB camera is being used to give us pictures of that smug t*** G Lineker esq from his temporary Commonwealth Games studio.

You would think bbc scotland are free to do the football, they certainly don't seem to be involved with the Commonwealth Games at all.

I believe our best formation is 4 5 1 which changes to 4 3 3 when attacking we played it at Ibrox in the semi and second half last Thursday against Lucern. With the size of our squad in my opinion the only choice TW has to make is which two from the three Wotherspoon O'Halloran or Croft. We were caught out by Lucern overloading their mid field and I belive in Europe we will very rarely play against more than 1 up front and which means if we play 4 4 2 our 4 in midfield will be over run by that teams 5 as Lucern showed in both legs.

My team would be

Mannus

MIllar      McKay      Wright      Easton

O'Halloran      Brown      Wotherspoon      Miller     May

McLean

I would play O'Hallorn in the first leg as we need take a lead into the second leg where I would swap and play Croft. Others may disagree and suggest a goaless draw is a good home result and therefore play Croft

Edited by Inchcolm

ITV, ESPN and BT sports apparently share the rights in the UK for the EL. Live football on TV.com is saying "no upcoming live fixtures".

No sign of a highlights programme on BBC or STV.

Radio Scotland are covering the CG, but will presumably have updates every two or three hours as per normal. They have all those regional variations sometime, but it's all CG here at the mo - Scotland are doing rather well.

I don't know where an illegal feed is going to come from, unless Slovak TV are taking a feed. No point in checking the illegal sites now, as they seem to list all matches regardless of whether a stream actually ends up coming through.

Maybe this will change, or maybe others can find something.

Sorry. :sad:

Thanks for the update. I'll take my tablet to the bar and hope for some real time updates via WAP.

I believe our best formation is 4 5 1 which changes to 4 3 3 when attacking we played it at Ibrox in the semi and second half last Thursday against Lucern. With the size of our squad in my opinion the only choice TW has to make is which two from the three Wotherspoon O'Halloran or Croft. We were caught out by Lucern overloading their mid field and I belive in Europe we will very rarely play against more than 1 up front and which means if we play 4 4 2 our 4 in midfield will be over run by that teams 5 as Lucern showed in both legs.

My team would be

Mannus

MIllar      McKay      Wright      Easton

O'Halloran      Brown      Wotherspoon      Miller     May

McLean

I would play O'Hallorn in the first leg as we need take a lead into the second leg where I would swap and play Croft. Others may disagree and suggest a goaless draw is a good home result and therefore play Croft

I think O'halloran is wasted out wide.. Through the middle he causes all sorts of problems as he did against celtic at the end of last season. Also think he's not the best at tracking back in wide areas, so agree with your formation apart from switch mickey o and spoony. Also think if we have something to protect over there then croft to start instead of O'halloran.

But being the home leg, I think Tommy will start 4-4-2 and see how it's going.

It's a strange one. Many reasons already said mean there is less likely to be quite the same anticipation leading up to tomorrow's game, first leg etc etc

I do hope that come the moment of decision, most fans from last week realise this is just as big a game and could lead to something that, with the calibre of teams waiting in first round proper, will surpass anything we have ever experienced in Europe or at home for that matter.

Won't tempt fate or start getting carried away, I just hope most Perth folk who attended last week realise how crucial tomorrow is and just what it could lead to.

The players have consistently said how much the fans have played their part, let's not stop just because we've been a bit spoilt in recent times.

Get along to McD tomorrow and sing yer heart out for the boys......