Tommy Wright

Highland Saintee

If only he had that fore site with Stevie

Hardly any one here did :)

---

yes, Totten and Willie Ormond are the only ones who come close. All the others, Luggy, Del, Coyle etc - even though we appreciated what they had achieved, they never quite got into the hearts of the supporters.

We are a fickle bunch - plenty loved the glory that Sandy Clark brought. Far more chants for him that good season than Tommy has had "Snady, Sandy give us a wave".

Hardly any one here did :)

We are a fickle bunch - plenty loved the glory that Sandy Clark brought. Far more chants for him that good season than Tommy has had "Snady, Sandy give us a wave".

It soon became apparant that Clark inherited a squad that brought glory, then gradually managed to ruin it

Edited by Edstar101

Sandy Clark tried too hard to be the players' friend rather than their manager. From listening to Tommy he seems to have got the balance of manager/pal spot on.

Absolutely spot on.

There's a fine line between being their best pal and being liked/respected.

In the same way there's a line between being a wanker and being the Gaffer.

It's essentially the same in any workplace and Tommy has it spot on it would appear.

Nice to see that BBD is still on the forum even although he has not answered the calls on Is  Stevie Brown Qualified or Should He Go thread.

Oh the Euro millions did not come up so cannot send the corporate jet for you to be ignored BBD.

Please return from the airport to your usual abode. :cool:

Edited by Templar Saint

I think our Chairman at the time was getting a hard time for not allowing the manager of the time to spend money on players who just sit in the stand just in case they were needed. I could be mistaken of course and got my ERAS mixed up :wink:  . 

Clarke, and it pains me to even say his name, was an ar*e as was Billy Stark. No wonder the legendary John Connolly failed following these two.