Tommy Wright

Highland Saintee

How refreshing to hear a Saints manager giving a decent account post match...given what he has just witnessed from the inept officials, he remained cool and composed when he could quite rightly go off on a rant.

The Club, players, staff and fans are fortunate to have such a likeable guyat the helm...long may it continue.

tommy wright is a st johnstone legend what hes done at the club in the short time hes been hear is incredible he could of went to millwal but wanted to stay at saints i can see him being hear for years but if he ever does go i would genuinely shake his hand and wish him well

And Steve Lomas hasn't spoken to him since, for not following him to Millwall.

Speaks volumes about Lomas, IMHO.

Mr controversial(michael stewart) said on sportsound the other night that it was no secret that saints players did not like Lomas

It isn't a secret tbh, pretty sure quite a few of the players made snide remarks hinting they hated him around the time TW was appointed as manager

I think he was the type of person you had to catch on a good day. In a good mood he'd be decent and have a laugh, on a bad day he'd be an obnoxious **** who couldn't be arsed with anyone, and that sort of personality wouldn't work well with our group of players who seem to enjoy a manager they can talk too

I think Saints should get a bronze statue of Oor Tommy cuddling the cup like in the photos after we won the brut , and stick it at the main entrance of Mcdiarmid .

The guy is already a legend ,he did something that nobody else had managed to do in in 130 feckin years of trying, surely that should be recognised ? And while were at it give him the keys to the city aswell.

Aye.

That's cos Lomas was a ****.

Was at hospitality at Pittodrie and at half time walking down the corridor outside the suites he actually looked down at the floor and walked past me and my old man, with saints scarves on, completely avoided eye contact

Sounds a bit like the time a guy from the forum never got a handshake from our current chairman....

Couldn't care what Lomas was like as a person, fair did the business for Saints.

• 1 month later...

tommy wright is the best manager saints have ever had even if the worse thing happens and we get relegated it want change my view of the guy.winning the scottish cup on a very small budget only to see that budget get smaller this season i wouldint of blamed him if he had walked away but he didint beacase thats the guy he is

No manager is perfect but in the wider scheme of things I honestly don't think there is anyone else attainable who could do any better a job given the way the playing squad appear to be given second fiddle by the board.

Tommy Wright deserved much much better in the summer, but we've been over all that a million times on here.