Stevie May

Hardolez21

Welcome to WAP Hardolez21 and any other Millers who are looking in. 

I can't see Stevie joining you lot.  He's waiting for a big move and I'm afraid a poor Championship side doesn't really fit the bill.  Stick to rejects like Broad Clubfoot.

Anyone wanting a big money move will surely have a good chance in the Championship? Score 10 goals or so in the Championship and a prem team will snap him up. 

^^^^ damned quote thing won't work!

I think that may have been true a couple of years back, but too many players have gone down from up here recently and fallen by the wayside.  Stevie has said he still has a lot to learn and would rather do it here, before seeking a BIG move.  The grass is not always greener.

^^^^ damned quote thing won't work!

I think that may have been true a couple of years back, but too many players have gone down from up here recently and fallen by the wayside.  Stevie has said he still has a lot to learn and would rather do it here, before seeking a BIG move.  The grass is not always greener.

That's fair enough. we have 4 strikers already so we'd have to sell at least 1 if we signed him anyway. Just wanted your guys' opinion on it. Bookies seem pretty certain though..

Is that the same Arnason that was rubbish for a really poor Aberdeen side?

If the money's right, we'll accept. May has already said he wouldn't be interested in Peterborough (who I know are a level below) and I'm not sure if he'd go to Rotherham either. Having said that, if he was to get £10k a week and is guaranteed regular football in a league with so much media exposure, he'd be daft not to go IMO. He's just helped us win our first major trophy and helped seal our third consecutive European campaign - what more can he realistically achieve at Saints, other than another year's first team experience and the ability to stay near his friends and family?

I know that the perception of our game up here is bad in England (and Celtic's result last night sadly backs that view up) but it's really not as bad as what is believed. If he signs for you, he'll score plenty of goals. He's still raw and there's areas of his game where he can improve, but the transformation in him in the last 3 or 4 years has been quite astounding.

You're not the first fan of an English lower club to come on asking about him and I'm sure you wont be the last. Most of whom disparage Scottish football and our club which I hope goes some way to explaining the negative posts you've received (as ridiculous as that may sound). If you search his name on twitter, you'll see that he's been set to sign for Preston (for about 2 months now), Middlesborough, Wigan and QPR all since we won the cup. I'll be taking this speculation with a pinch of salt, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I'd be severely disappointed if we only got £1m for him. This is why we need to tie him down for another year so we get the correct value for him.

Put it this way, Celtic just got £1.2m for Tony Watt - a guy with a horrendous attitude problem and with a goalscoring record that isn't a patch on Stevie May's at any level.

Dundee United got £3m for Gauld and the same again more or less for Andy Robertson.

£1m for a guy who scored 27 times last season in the same league these three played in (for the most part, Watt went to Belgium for a bit) - including goals in Europe and setting up umpteen more for others would be low IMO.

Are people not being a bit harsh towards this guy? He's only asking.

I posted a link to a video on another topic about May which contained all his goals from last season.

Some good finishes in that.

Can't repost as on mobile but if you manage to find it give it a watch and see what you think in comparison to your strikers.

We do have an excellent midfielder though you may be interested in. Probably worth about £250,000 and 5k a week. (Which is what some folk on here would pay you to take him).

If £1m with add-ons and £10k a week did become a genuine offer, I wouldn't be too sure that either club or player would turn that down. Both would then do well if he moved on to the EPL. 

Are people not being a bit harsh towards this guy? He's only asking.

Exactly what I thought. Guy from Rotherham comes on asking a question and gets subject to all manner of bawbaggery.

Some folk howl about fans on other forums but half the pricks on here are as bad.

Welcome Hardolez21...I'm sure you're gald you made your 1st post. :wink:

As Kyle says, if the money's right, we'll accept. Around about £1m will be the right answer....then it's up to the man himself to decide he wants to play for Rotherham or not. I do think he'll go mid championship (where he goes after that will be up to how he applies himself). If he thinks Rotherham will stay in the Championship then who knows...the rumour has never really gone away and certainly been the team allways mentioned. Personally, I think he'll look for a a team who he thinks might push onto the premier league in a couple of years (Wigan, maybe..Forest, Bolton). That might sound a bit disrespectful to you guys, but I'm sure you get my point).

As an aside Kyle, I would take Arneson as part of the deal....

Stevie May would be more than good enough for the Championship, especially the lower to middle end of it which is where I'd envisage Rotherham will be aiming to finish? Stevie is the boy about town and is probably the most well known face in Perth just now. I get the impression he likes the attention (especially from the females) and he is a confident boy who knows he's good so I'd not be surprised if he has his sights set on a bigger move than Rotherham. Of course that's no disrespect to Rotherham who are a decent sized club and certainly bigger than us (whether your level of football is better is a different argument which we shouldn't get in to) but I'd imagine he will go higher up the ladder than you.

Yeah pretty sure May will have his sights set on a higher profile club than Rotherham (no offense). He has already stated he isn't in a hurry to move and I would have thought if he signs his new extended contract and scores somewhere near 20 goals this season then he'll get a move to a club who will at least be challenging to get into the Premier.

Thanks for an honest reply, I was never been a smart ass, just wanted your fans' opinion. Not sure how much you know about Steve Evans but when he gets his sights on a transfer target, he seems to not let it go until he signs them. If we offered £1m up front and around 10k per week which is what was rumored, do you think you'd accept or is that too low?

If it genuinely was £1m up front without any bullshit then I really can't see the club blocking the transfer. As a player he's worth more than £1m but we need to be realistic about what we'll turn down. 

For £10k a week I'd say there's a chance he could be tempted. He will have his sights on bigger but may well see it as a stepping stone. 

(For that kind of money he could fly back to Perth each Saturday and shag about all he wants.)

Ultimately it's all speculation but i really hope we get another season out him 

Stevie doesn't seem to be in a hurry to move anywhere, and while I am certain he would score goals for Rotherham I don't think he would  choose to go there to further his football education.

Rotherham and education in the same sentence ! Wtf ye will be saying William Hague is not from Rotherham and is a brain surgeon next.

Thanks for an honest reply, I was never been a smart ass, just wanted your fans' opinion. Not sure how much you know about Steve Evans but when he gets his sights on a transfer target, he seems to not let it go until he signs them. If we offered £1m up front and around 10k per week which is what was rumored, do you think you'd accept or is that too low?

---

Yeah, we know about Stevie Evans. He got his first big break with us, scored on his debut in a 7-1 won against Albion rovers. I also lived in Stamford when he started pout in management there and then moved across the county to Boston. An interesting chap, it's fair to say

Edited by sleepless