Stevie May

Hardolez21

also there is more money in english football than there has ever been and with griffin and callum worth 1m+ years ago and donkeys from dundee utd going for 1/2/3 million i truthfully believe hes worth more than 750k-1m to a championship club.... ross mccormack 11m ffs !!! dont forget if he signs he will be negotiating far more than 10% (20-25%?) of the fee i would assume which means less for the club. ideally sign him up and him have another great hallf/full season and sell him for 1.5m-2m

Edited by belfastsaintee

rotherham fan here...

The ross mccormack one is unbelievable but with the striker situation i think you guys are in the same position with Stevie May as we were with Adam Le Fondre a couple of years ago. Everyone at Rotherham knew how good he was but we sold him to Reading for around £800,000. The following season he was the top English goal scorer in the premier league with something like 12 goals. We knew he was that good but as he had only done it with us and not proved it at a bigger and more fashionable club we were never going to get the true value of his ability.

Like Stevie May he only had a year on his contract which limits his sellability value too. 

Like it or not, scoring goals in the weakest SPL for generations does not prove all that much. I am sure he is a very good player but the first club that comes with a decent offer and matches his wage demands he will be gone. Its frustrating, but like us with Le Fondre, (who to be honest has proven much more than what Stevie May has so far) if Stevie May has any ambition he will be gone - whether that is to Rotherham or elsewhere. 

Put yourself in his shoes... the championship will at least double his wages, playing in front of around 30,000 regularly, and in a league with massive media exposure. If it is Rotherham that are offering him that then there is a damn good chance he will go there. Fair play to him if he stays with St Johnstone as if he does he is obviously doing it for genuine love and support of the club.

good luck with the season and getting yourselves back into this Europa League tie tonight.

Hi, Rotherham fan in peace. 

Just wanted to get an idea from you guys to see if you think it looks like Stevie could be on his way to us? And if you think he's good enough for the Championship?

Reports down here keep linking us with him and Steve Evans has stated he rates him but refuses to say we've bid for him.

UTM

Welcome mate, exiled Saintee living 5 miles from Rotherham in North Sheffield. Fantastic stadium and some decent players. Steve Evans has been busy this summer and brought in a few and I reckon you might just hold your own in the division. For selfish reasons I would not mind seeing May in New York!!!!!

Welcome mate, exiled Saintee living 5 miles from Rotherham in North Sheffield. Fantastic stadium and some decent players. Steve Evans has been busy this summer and brought in a few and I reckon you might just hold your own in the division. For selfish reasons I would not mind seeing May in New York!!!!!

Yeah me too as I would enjoy a pint with him   

I know I will get pelters for this, but heard a rumour (no more than that, and not saying it's accurate) at match tonight that Stevie May all but sold to Rotherham for£1.2million, with just t's to be crossed and i's to be dotted. Hope it's untrue but fair price with less than year left on his contract.

Edited by 50yrs a Saint

I know I will get pelters for this, but heard a rumour (no more than that, and not saying it's accurate) at match tonight that Stevie May all but sold to Rotherham for£1.2million, with just t's to be crossed and i's to be dotted. Hope it's untrue but fair price with less than year left on his contract.

why should you get pelters?

you have only stated you heard a rumour.

that is what is wrong with WAP, most are scared to post things just incase they get pelters from all the super fans.

you cant say that, you cant say he's crap, you cannot say the club is doing something wrong, you are not a real fan.

say what you think.

No way can Rotherham pay 10k a week, where has this come from?

Our highest earner is apparently on 5.5k a week. We apparently offerd Tavermier the same but he decided to go to Wigan for 11k.  

Maybe all we could offer May is 6k max! Now if hes on 3k with you it could be appealing to him.

Going to Hull I heard tonight in the terrace gossip ..... guy I was talking to in Main Stand who knows Banks.......

Probably (and hopefully) pish though

---

There was brief talk about that down here just after the final but I've not heard his name mentioned again since. Bruce has bought a couple of strikers. Don't see it happening

No offence to Rotherham, but I'd be really disappointed if Stevie May left us to go there and play in front of 8000 every second week. I''m sure Rotherham fans would say the same if one of their star players was rumoured to be joining saints!

Ryan Gauld went to sporting Lisbon for nearly £3m, Robertson joined a premier league side for £3m, and saints fans are saying anything over a million would be acceptable for Stevie??!!!

We're nowhere near as good as utd fans at hyping our players, but seriously?? Scored 27 goals in all competitions, scored in Europe and for scotland u21's, has scored loads at every level he has played at and is developing and improving all the time. If I was stevie May reading this I'd actually be insulted that was all my own supporters thought I was worth!!

No offence to Rotherham, but I'd be really disappointed if Stevie May left us to go there and play in front of 8000 every second week. I''m sure Rotherham fans would say the same if one of their star players was rumoured to be joining saints!

Ryan Gauld went to sporting Lisbon for nearly £3m, Robertson joined a premier league side for £3m, and saints fans are saying anything over a million would be acceptable for Stevie??!!!

We're nowhere near as good as utd fans at hyping our players, but seriously?? Scored 27 goals in all competitions, scored in Europe and for scotland u21's, has scored loads at every level he has played at and is developing and improving all the time. If I was stevie May reading this I'd actually be insulted that was all my own supporters thought I was worth!!

Rotherham will average 10.5k crowds next season easy, most away games will be above 15k

id rather play in the championship than the SPL tbh