Stevie May

Hardolez21

I think Rotherham would be a decent move for him. He'll get game time and if he impresses can move on to bigger and better from there. Not an IDEAL move though as if he's their record signing he'd be under a bit of pressure.

Not a decent move whatsoever...he should have done whay he said he was going to do..stay with us, get 20 goals and a Scotland place then move onto bigger fish.

Clubs might agree sale price. Reckon it's contract negotiations that will hold the deal. If May doesn't like what he sees or doesnt wants to play for them then the deal is dead. It's all about the player; and will respect his decision either way. Although if he does go hope he progresses to being Scotland first choice striker in years to come. My gut feeling says this will all come to nothing. Wonder what's stalling his contract extension that started in discussion back in May....

This has been coming for a while, really. The contract talks had been going on far too long, then he started missing games through injury. Its shite, and we'll likely get less than we want. If we're lucky we'll get a half decent striker in but I'm not really holding my breath, theres nobody out there who'll have the impact he would. Heartbreaking

If the Scottish Cup Win earned us an alleged £700,000?and this European Jaunt (so far)t earned us another £500.000, I reckon we should sign Stevie May for £1.25 million.! Bargains much Cheapness.!!

Edited by croc

This has been coming for a while, really. The contract talks had been going on far too long, then he started missing games through injury. Its shite, and we'll likely get less than we want. If we're lucky we'll get a half decent striker in but I'm not really holding my breath, theres nobody out there who'll have the impact he would. Heartbreaking

Might need to start scouting the German 19th division like Dundee did for their new mega star.

Feeling really deflated with this news,  I may be wrong but get the feeling more could and should have been done to get a deal done ages ago.  It just feels like we fanny about, so no may contract, no tommy contract, no signings and I wouldn't be surprised if we end up accepting a deal of 500k or less :( 

Time for him to go. He's becoming a distraction. We don't need that

Bye bye Stevie and thanks. This time last year no-one was much bothered about him. We will move on, but with money in the bank. I don't think Rotherham is his best option but I don't give a shit, frankly. That's his problem. Saints do not revolve around Stevie May, and it may be that the sooner he leaves the better.

Bye bye Stevie and thanks. This time last year no-one was much bothered about him. We will move on, but with money in the bank. I don't think Rotherham is his best option but I don't give a shit, frankly. That's his problem. Saints do not revolve around Stevie May, and it may be that the sooner he leaves the better.

I'd leave this out of the book.

Money in the bank won't score 27 goals.

Is the book ready by the way. Can't wait to get my paws on it.

What is it with all this anti Rotherham crap. It would be a decent stepping stone for Stevie May and if he can cut out the drama queen histrionics from his game then he can move upwards. In the meantime lay off Rotherham unless you have seen them regularly. When I first came to Sheffield they were just above a pub team with a ramshackle stadium (sound familiar) but they are in the Championship and they will be staying thre for a while imo.

It not anti-Rotherham Dunc, its just anti-the thought of our most exciting player for ages going there.  You obviously live near there, have a soft spot for them, and can look forward to going to see him regularly; to most of us its the equivalent of Yeovil last season or a Millwall.

We know he will move on eventually, but I'd love to see him go somewhere we could get excited about for him.  Christ, Dundee Utd fans can look forward to watching Sporting Lisbon champions league games hoping to get glimpses of Gauld coming on as a sub.  Or watch the premier league and take pride in Robertson playing against the Chelseas, Man Utd's, Liverpools etc.  I'm not saying May is premier league ready yet, but even if it was Derby, Wigan or Leeds there would be a lot more pride and optimism.

Still hopeful it won't go through, but the potential buyers, and the relatively average fee, just leave me feeling a bit gutted and disillusioned before the season has even started.

Sign up for another season extension Stevie, keep banging in the goals, break into the Scotland squad and get the move you deserve.  The big bucks will follow.

That's all well and good if we have players waiting in the wings to take his place, the reason he's a distraction is that he's pretty much our only match winner these days. He's our best player by a considerable distance and him going would really be the conclusion of the complete lack of ambition we've shown this summer.

Steve Brown and the board are stuck between a rock and a hard place. Take personalities out of the equation,

What would you do if:

Someone puts bid of £1,2m for your house Of you accept it your finance are secured and some money to invest in a new house

you reject the bid and run the risk and worry that property prices collapse you lose £1,2m

What would you do??

If they hadn't ****ed this entire Summer then I doubt they would be in such a difficult position. May leaving just now would be the breaking point for the vast, vast majority of fans. If we'd had a better Summer and had decent replacements it wouldn't have been nearly as bad. Steve Browns backed himself into a corner, and somehow seems utterly oblivious to this situation he's in.