Stevie May

Hardolez21

He is sitting behind me in cafe coco with mooner and some dude with a horrendous beard. I want to hand him this phone and tell him to tell everyone on wap what the feck is going on.

Surely you mean 'another dude with a horrendous beard' cause May's facial hair is a mess

If Stevie leaves who will we have to replace him??? I can see us strugling at the bottom end of the table!! Stevie loves saints hes st Johnstone through and through been at the club since he was a lad so why would he want to leave saints for Rotherham?? If it was a big team i could understand!!! He cant go for anything less than a million

Heard off a press guy today, that our chief exec has returned from holiday, and is in meetings all afternoon in relation to 'a signing'.  We are led to believe a figure is agreed, but there are other terms being negotiated.

That's all very good, but if Stevie doesn't want to move (going by his father he doesn't), he wont move.

That's all very good, but if Stevie doesn't want to move (going by his father he doesn't), he wont move.

Agree, ultimately it's down to the player, however the fact he hasn't signed a new contract with you must be alarming? Plus the fact that we could offer him a much larger wage might be enough to tempt him, money talks after all.

Agree, ultimately it's down to the player, however the fact he hasn't signed a new contract with you must be alarming? Plus the fact that we could offer him a much larger wage might be enough to tempt him, money talks after all.

money does talk but some, very few admittedly, have ambition.

Boy hood team, nothing more than a dog fight. League one next season in all probability, this ain't it

Not a lot Stevie can do if clubs are making offers for him. It might actually drive us to make him the offer he's after from us. He's a Saints fan, grown up following and playing for the club at all levels, so it's not going to be all about money with him. He knows he'll get his big money move and, being perfectly frank, I'm not sure a club like Rotherham is exactly what he has in mind for his next move.

money does talk but some, very few admittedly, have ambition.

Boy hood team, nothing more than a dog fight. League one next season in all probability, this ain't it

You assume we will be relegated in the coming season? Interesting prediction to make before a ball has even been kicked.

We have recruited well over the summer, both in terms of quality and quantity, we have a manager and chairman seemingly willing to go to all lengths to see us succeed, and after last seasons heroics, the heart and attitude of the players can't be questioned.

I think we will surprise many this season, and with the coverage and air time the championship gets, if Stevie is as good as he's made out to be and destined for the Premier League, he's more likely to get a move there after a season with us in my opinion.

Recruited well - signed Kirk Broadfoot. Lulz

One of many players we've signed. As mentioned before, the depth of squads is vital in the championship, a league in which he's got a lot of experience. Can't see him being in the starting 11 but will make adequate back-up if needs be.

The Championship is not that much of a 'step up' from the SPFL.

I will however give you that the quality of the opposition may be consistently higher on a week to week basis

Went to see Millwall in their friendly on Friday night at the den....I can honestly say it is not a step up. Millwall will finish higher than Roth in the league.

Recruited well - signed Kirk Broadfoot. Lulz

Tell me they havenae signed Clubfoot??  Oh my giddy aunt..

Kirk Clubfoot is a sure sign that your club are going down Millerman. He makes me look like a world class footballer and I have no legs...

When CF starts playing badly, whatever you do, don't criticise him..  He does not take it well and will get his lawyers onto you..

Stevie May is most probably gonna leave Saints..  Stevie May is definitely NOT going to join Rotherham.

Broadfoot, Arnason, Milsom, Newton and Tidser. Ooft, some serious quality in that Rotherham squad. Not too sure if Stevie will be able to step up to their level having only played in the pathetic pub leagues of Scotland.

The games I've seen in the Championship, the quality of the football is not really better than up here, it's just faster and more physical.

Obviously we don't know the ins and outs of the clubs finances, but I'm confident the owners wouldn't put the club at risk once more.

Were you as confident the first and second time your club went into administration.

We may not be a cash rich club but never in administration - when times were tough we cut our cloth and accepted relegation as a consequence. Fortunately we are financially stable and it a bit galling when clubs like Rotherham and Peterborough come knocking on our door, offer derisory terms for an excellent player and prospect ....and then want to pay in instalments. Even if Rotherham do meet the value and May opts to move I rather doubt it will happen unless it's cash up front.

The hostility towards our club on this board does surprise me. Nobody likes losing their star player to a bigger club but these things happen. We of all clubs know how it feels with the likes of Adam Le Fondre and Lewis Grabban being sold for peanuts in recent years. It's just a part of football I guess.