Stevie May

Hardolez21

Only £200k away then. Still sickens me that Steve Brown thinks £800k is some form of decent price, its an utterly abysmal price tag to put on May regardless of the contract situation

Ebeneezer Broon was wanting to punt him for £300,000 last season.

Cheers for that confirmation dunc

the Rotherham fans will be raging !

Tomorrow should be an interesting day .....

Saints should concentrate on the euro game and see if any other bids come in over the next few days

Hopefully we get a couple of teams bidding against each other to drive the price up and saints must get a good cut of any future transfer fee

I would rather he stays and signs but if he does go for as much as possible and to a decent side where he will flourish (not Rotherham FFS !)

Edited by belfastsaintee

What I've not seen on here is what people think May is asking for, I recall last season the chairman saying May was making all kinds of demands to sign for the club again, I have no doubt he is(or agent is) making all kinds of demands. Maybe this is so he can turn round and say Saints were being miserable and wouldn't give me what I think I'm worth.

The facts are, we as supporters don't know what has been asked for nor what has been offered.

Basically this how it will go now. Us and Wedneaday have a similar budget to spend, however they can offer higher wages....so unless anyone else comes in for him, he'll be off there. But I wouldn't get excited, their bid will be the same/ similar as ours, only personal terms will be better.

Edited by Hardolez21

Basically this how it will go now. Us and Wedneaday have a similar budget to spend, however they can offer higher wages....so unless anyone else comes in for him, he'll be off there. But I wouldn't get excited, their bid will be the same/ similar as ours, only personal terms will be better.

Reports are saying they've pretty much met our asking price with their first offer, so they've already stepped ahead of you lot.

We're being linked with Adam Morgan by our unofficial Twitter. 20 year old former Liverpool striker who was incredibly highly tipped just two years ago, he was at Yeovil Town for the last six months of last season and played 12 times for them in the Championship, can either play up front or on the wing.

I genuinely think he sounds a decent option, and far better than I was expecting.

Reports are saying they've pretty much met our asking price with their first offer, so they've already stepped ahead of you lot.

We're being linked with Adam Morgan by our unofficial Twitter. 20 year old former Liverpool striker who was incredibly highly tipped just two years ago, he was at Yeovil Town for the last six months of last season and played 12 times for them in the Championship, can either play up front or on the wing.

I genuinely think he sounds a decent option, and far better than I was expecting.

Well done Random guy.

At last a positive sounding post  (the first one on here from any of us for months) and incredibly a player linked to us that is seen as a prospect. :)

Edited by mainstand

Wednesday fans are good craic, my head office is there and Everytime im there I am always asked how the legend that is Steven Maclean is getting on.

But then, they always say so you're the bastards that sold us Phillip Scott!!

Tommy like you used to visit the steel town on business, not so much now, but the Legend they all ask me about is Paul Sturrock, However I think the most likely of the two Sheffield teams to be progressive over the next seasons is Utd. Clough has got them going and has included a few Scottish players in there. think they are more likely to put two divisions between them and Rotherham in a couple of years. however I still think selling this early in the window is crazy, If he is going fine but a last day transfer sale can add 100,000s to the fee if the buying club is left searching for a replacement for their own departing player, I know that would leave us as the team with no chance to replace him in the window, But if we are seriously replacing Steve with a free agent of the calibre of Clarkson then I see no need to worry :sad: ,about getting a guy to sit in the stand and pick up a wage. Also I would prefer Leeds to shell some of the McCormack money to be honest :shock: