Stevie May

Hardolez21

IF we progress in Europe surely Stevie will want to play in the next game(s) I think he will go at some point but hopefully to an established side. I also think we need to support the young players like Kane and see what happens. It's worked for other teams. Adam Morgan could be a good option however I wouldn't be up for signing older players that haven't made it and probably won't now.

Well done Random guy.

At last a positive sounding post  (the first one on here from any of us for months) and incredibly a player linked to us that is seen as a prospect. :)

Yeah, well May is gone now. Theres officially a bidding war started and when that happened it was over really. Just positive to see that we're looking at someone who could come in and earn us a transfer fee. 2012/2013 he was part of Liverpools first team squad, and was starting Europa League games for them in January 2013

According to fans of Liverpool and Yeovil, he's a clinical poacher who comes alive in the box, needs a striker beside him who'll work hard and help create opportunities for him to finish

Maclean can certain help create opportunities for him.

If he's the first of 2 or 3 signings, then it's a reasonable start. Certainly better than Clarkson.

Wednesday fans are good craic, my head office is there and Everytime im there I am always asked how the legend that is Steven Maclean is getting on.

But then, they always say so you're the bastards that sold us Phillip Scott!!

I'm guessing you work for Johnston Press?

Edited by Hardolez21

He's not good enough for you, if stevie is as prolific as you say, adam Morgan is not a suitable replacement.

The stats will tell you he's as prolific as we say. His record in the last 2 and a half years is insanely good.

Morgan will be one of a couple of strikers signed to replace him I think. He can apparently play on the wing too, which is obviously a bonus.

He's not good enough for you, if stevie is as prolific as you say, adam Morgan is not a suitable replacement.

Soccerbase as it down as him playing two games for you. 56 minutes in League Two, and 44 minutes in the FA Cup. Not really a sound basis to be writing off players to be honest, especially when they're loan players who are thrust straight in the team

Tommy like you used to visit the steel town on business, not so much now, but the Legend they all ask me about is Paul Sturrock, However I think the most likely of the two Sheffield teams to be progressive over the next seasons is Utd. Clough has got them going and has included a few Scottish players in there. think they are more likely to put two divisions between them and Rotherham in a couple of years. however I still think selling this early in the window is crazy, If he is going fine but a last day transfer sale can add 100,000s to the fee if the buying club is left searching for a replacement for their own departing player, I know that would leave us as the team with no chance to replace him in the window, But if we are seriously replacing Steve with a free agent of the calibre of Clarkson then I see no need to worry :sad: ,about getting a guy to sit in the stand and pick up a wage. Also I would prefer Leeds to shell some of the McCormack money to be honest :shock:          

Leeds have signed Nicky adjose from Peterborough fee undisclosed,  Could they come back in again.

The simple fact is, and stated by TW and the board that he is valued at £800k.

Nobody has offered that, plenty derisory offers though.

His stock is increasing to the point of £1m valuation.

I don't think he wants away as he doesn't seem the typd of bloke who will cry like a little beatch when he doesn't get his own way to transfer.

We won't be held to ransom over selling him and the sooner English clubs realise that they will look elsewhere as he's not going on £200k and pay up over a year for the rest. Peterborough tried that and their chairman acted like a c*nt when he got told to bolt.

No disrespect to Rotherham but I don't think that would be a preferred option for Stevie. Congrats on your promotion and I think their stadium is cracking but I believe Stevie would prefer somewhere slightly bigger and a larger fan base.

Surprised a team like Leeds or Sheff Weds haven't come in for him.

Welcome to the party Sheff Weds!

Knew they would come into the offerings.

Time to push the price up.

If a bid is accepted from them then Macca will be able to give him the ins and outs with them.

I do hope that we get a decent offer and add ons incase he ends up like other scottish players like McCormack or Snodgrass. A nice wee £200k after a sell on would be nice.

Owlstalk forum has several pages already discussing Stevie May and expressing great joy, especially as it might transpire that they snatch him away from their Toy Town Rivals Rotherham! Usual stuff about his hair, beard etc., and the state of Scottish football but most of it admiring his ability.

While it is nice to see someone has met our price. Unfortunately it is still only one club so it looks unlikely there will be a bidding war for him that pushes the deal over £1m. Realistically it looks like Rotherham couldn't/didn't want to come up with the £800k so they aren't really in the race any more.

The other unfortunate thing about this is I thought May would turn down Rotherham quite quickly...Wednesday are a different kettle of fish. A lot of potential with their fan base etc, even if they have been shit for quite a while now.