Stevie May

Hardolez21

Had a wee look at the owls forum and even they seem surprised at how cheap the asking price is with his scoring record and potential...

Particularly the Scottish based Owls, who have actually seen him play. Everyone in my work who supports other teams also think £800k is ridiculously cheap for May. But if that's what Steve Brown thinks he's worth..........

Edited by Nelly78

Honestly lads if you wanted the very best for Stevie, you certainly wouldn't want him to join Sheffield Wednesday at the moment! They're a tumultuous club, a bit of a circus in all honesty! Their owner is trying to offload them to some Azerbaijani criminal called Hafiz Mammadov who's managed to take RC Lens right up sh it creek and back again! That club is in dire straits and their fans blame him.

Don't know if any of you have followed how the takeover is going over there but it's certainly giving the people of South Yorkshire something to laugh about at Wednesday's expense! There's no doubting Wednesday are a bigger club than Rotherham in every sense of the word but they're a joke of a football club at present! Rotherham have an ambitious owner, a good manager although he's a tosspot, a new stadium and is basically a better place to play your football right now!

This move for Stevie is obviously a stepping stone move to get him on the ladder which eventually leads to a Premiership club, i honestly feel if he moves to Sheffield Wednesday, he'd be making a grave mistake, whereas if he chose Rotherham, an ambitious club, who play the game the right way, that'd be the much wiser career move without doubt!

A bias football fan. Who'd have thought it. You signed Kirk Broadfoot, stop peedling a myth you are ambitious.

I'm actually a Sheffield Utd fan mate but more importantly a fan of football in my region, I've no hatred for Wednesday, Rotherham or any other club as it happens but i must admit that it is awfully funny watching Wednesday's umpteenth failure at a takeover collapse!

I'm merly offering my ten penneth on where i believe Stevie May would be best suited to take the next step in his career, Rotherham win hands down on all counts as it stands right now.

SB is probably now looking at Sheff Wed offering £800k - in a sinlge payment, Kaaching !! or Rotherham who will offer £800k at 20p a week on the interest free, who knows where the best place for him to go and ply his trade, the chairman will have the final say no doubt !! I like all other Saintees want him to stay at least another year, but this won't happen. Keep the faith Comrades.

PS All the best to both Rotherham and Sheff Wed fans, enjoying the banter.

I'm actually pretty gutted that a bid of £800k seems enough to take our star player. I think we are simply too scared to play hard ball.

Really we should of had him tied up ages ago and be looking at much bigger fees now.

Dundee Utd turned down 2.5m from Hull ( their fourth offer ) and only caved in on the 5th offer of 3m...........

edit - for robertson !

Edited by belfastsaintee

why not budget to go debt a LITTLE this season as its likely things will improve as Gers , Hibs , Hearts come back up over the next couple of seasons. Saints do not have to balance the books every season just over the course of time keep things balanced... +200k - 300k + 100k -150k +150k = balanced books

Apart from last season, when was the last time we turned a profit?

This thread is really depressing, 800k what a joke, just wish it was all over and done with and we could all move on. From a completely selfish point of view wouldn't have minded one bit if Stevie had decided to see out his contract and at least then we could have enjoyed his talents for another year.

It's amazing how your mindset can change. For years I've been so proud at how well our clubs been run but now I feel really dissapointed and angry at the complete lack of foresight shown by SB which will see us lose our prize asset. He can stick his infrastructure where the sun don't shine!

If you want to blame somebody for the low asking price for May,why not try Celtic.They have devalued the league by buying average players from England,and still winning the league by 30 points.Hardly makes the rest of you look good,does it.I think most of you are living in the Charlie Nicholas era.Times have changed enormously.

That also might explain why you think a move to SWFC is a good thing.They have been in a rut for years,and have never been a club for bringing players on.Leon Clarke went to Swindon,and Gary Madine went to prison.Chelsea have loaned us one of their most promising players for the season,so we must be doing summat right.Anyway i will be watching you tomorrow,its being streamed live on wizziwig.

If you want to blame somebody for the low asking price for May,why not try Celtic.They have devalued the league by buying average players from England,and still winning the league by 30 points.Hardly makes the rest of you look good,does it.I think most of you are living in the Charlie Nicholas era.Times have changed enormously.

That also might explain why you think a move to SWFC is a good thing.They have been in a rut for years,and have never been a club for bringing players on.Leon Clarke went to Swindon,and Gary Madine went to prison.Chelsea have loaned us one of their most promising players for the season,so we must be doing summat right.Anyway i will be watching you tomorrow,its being streamed live on wizziwig.

Think the reasons for the low asking price is closer to home tbh. He's only got a year left on his contract and, if he isn't going to sign a new one, we need to cash in now.

I'm struggling to understand the hostility the Rotherham fans are getting here to be honest. The vast majority have been courteous and nice - one or two nonsense comments on their forums, but nothing to warrant the reaction they're getting here?