Stevie May

Hardolez21

Dunno if there's been much serious hostility to the Millers - mostly banter.

The feeling seems to be that RUFC are a bit of a diddy team, even compared to us!! They are relegation candidates in the (very large) second tier - and that's them on a high point in their history.

If that's true, then it is a bit galling to be continually condescended to by them. All this nonsense about May making a "step up", they're going to "develop" him, etc.

If it's not true, and it really is a step-up, then it's even more upsetting. It means that the current 4th or 5th best team in Scotland are worse than Rotherham United, who most English folk would see as a diddy team. 

I know things are bad in Scotland right now, but surely to God not that bad........

hopefully the board learn from this deal. if kane or caddis has a strong start to the season, get them on a long term contract which could then lead to 7 figure asking fee if clubs become interested

Nothing will change because the vast majority of the squad including Wotherspoon and O'Halloran contracts are up at the end of the season. It will cost the club a lot of money in January or June (if no one has poached them) offering them new contracts (including agents fees and sign on fees)

When the chairman portrays to the media that the club are "skint" we can't really expect any huge bids.

This summer has been a poor effort from the chairman.

Exactly. If you cry about being poor all the time.

It gives the impression you are desperate to sell as you NEED the money 

The other clubs will just think well they cant afford to say no to our offer.

Edited by PerthSeany

Dunno if there's been much serious hostility to the Millers - mostly banter.

The feeling seems to be that RUFC are a bit of a diddy team, even compared to us!! They are relegation candidates in the (very large) second tier - and that's them on a high point in their history.

If that's true, then it is a bit galling to be continually condescended to by them. All this nonsense about May making a "step up", they're going to "develop" him, etc.

If it's not true, and it really is a step-up, then it's even more upsetting. It means that the current 4th or 5th best team in Scotland are worse than Rotherham United, who most English folk would see as a diddy team. 

I know things are bad in Scotland right now, but surely to God not that bad........

If you want to blame somebody for the low asking price for May,why not try Celtic.They have devalued the league by buying average players from England,and still winning the league by 30 points.Hardly makes the rest of you look good,does it.I think most of you are living in the Charlie Nicholas era.Times have changed enormously.

That also might explain why you think a move to SWFC is a good thing.They have been in a rut for years,and have never been a club for bringing players on.Leon Clarke went to Swindon,and Gary Madine went to prison.Chelsea have loaned us one of their most promising players for the season,so we must be doing summat right.Anyway i will be watching you tomorrow,its being streamed live on wizziwig.

Let's have this right you **** . The Championship is littered with shite players who were bang average in Scotland. Steven May is a class above 2/3rds of these players . . .easily .

Chris Burke,Paul Caddis,Peter Lovenkrands,Gavin Gunning,Denny Johnstone,Gary Mackenzie,Tom Cairney,Chris Maguire,Rhys Mcabe,David Marshall,Paul Coutts,Craig Forsythe,Lee Naylor,Ross McCormack,Adam Hammill, Gary Caldwell,Shaun Maloney,Aaron Sinclair,Chris Berra, Noel Hunt,Rickardo Fuller,Jon Ruddy,Steven Whittaker,Kyle Lafferty,Danny Fox,Nick Blackman,Kirk Broadfoot,Micheal Tidser,Darren Randolph,Andrew Shinnie ,Kyle Bartley,Clayton Donaldson,Grant Hanley,Marc Teirney,Giles Coke,Gordon Greer,Philip Kiss,Connor Sammon,Craig Bryson,Shaun Hutchison,Paul Dixon ,Murray Wallace,Tomas Rogne,Don Cowie,James Mcarthur,Daryl Murphy,Andy Halliday,Scott Mcdonald,Lewis Grabban,Gary Hooper,Wes Hoolachan,Dorus De Vries,Kari Arnason,Robert Milsom,Keiran Agard,Conner Newton,Craig Conway,Kevin McNaughton and Glenn ****ing Loovens .

The myth that it is a step up is bollocks. These players played or are about to play in the Championship in the last/forthcoming season .

Rother****ingham are a 2 bob mob who couldnae come up with the fee so on behalf of St Johnstone fc and it's supporters **** OFF .

Edited by andy rhodes fancy watch

I'm amazed someone out there is still paying Connor Sammon under the guise of being a football "striker". 

Also pretty depressing how poorly Gary Hooper, who was lethal at Celtic, is doing at Norwich. 6 goals in 36, that's pretty lukewarm.

LAUGH OUT LOUD, speaking of Norwich, didn't realise Lafferty had signed up there, wondered when he'd get bored of continental football, he must be waiting for Rangers to get back into the SPL/Boyd or Miller to have a heart attack. 

Let's have this right you **** . The Championship is littered with shite players who were bang average in Scotland. Steven May is a class above 2/3rds of these players . . .easily .

Chris Burke,Paul Caddis,Peter Lovenkrands,Gavin Gunning,Denny Johnstone,Gary Mackenzie,Tom Cairney,Chris Maguire,Rhys Mcabe,David Marshall,Paul Coutts,Craig Forsythe,Lee Naylor,Ross McCormack,Adam Hammill, Gary Caldwell,Shaun Maloney,Aaron Sinclair,Chris Berra, Noel Hunt,Rickardo Fuller,Jon Ruddy,Steven Whittaker,Kyle Lafferty,Danny Fox,Nick Blackman,Kirk Broadfoot,Micheal Tidser,Darren Randolph,Andrew Shinnie ,Kyle Bartley,Clayton Donaldson,Grant Hanley,Marc Teirney,Giles Coke,Gordon Greer,Philip Kiss,Connor Sammon,Craig Bryson,Shaun Hutchison,Paul Dixon ,Murray Wallace,Tomas Rogne,Don Cowie,James Mcarthur,Daryl Murphy,Andy Halliday,Scott Mcdonald,Lewis Grabban,Gary Hooper,Wes Hoolachan,Dorus De Vries,Kari Arnason,Robert Milsom,Keiran Agard,Conner Newton,Craig Conway,Kevin McNaughton and Glenn ****ing Loovens .

The myth that it is a step up is bollocks. These players played or are about to play in the Championship in the last/forthcoming season .

Rother****ingham are a 2 bob mob who couldnae come up with the fee so on behalf of St Johnstone fc and it's supporters **** OFF .

Disgraceful post. Not sure what this is all about. There are some decent players on your list as well.

That's my opinion anyway and I suppose you can express yours.

hopefully the board learn from this deal. if kane or caddis has a strong start to the season, get them on a long term contract which could then lead to 7 figure asking fee if clubs become interested

they should of learned when they about lost may last season. They are completely hopeless.

I dunno, there are a few I'd like to see in a Saints shirt, many of which wouldn't be desperately unrealistic. Hooper,

I think it's a bit desperate to try and right off 40+ pro footballers in one swoop though.

Just pissed off with the attitude that the 2nd tier in England is so so much better and could a 27 goal SPFL striker hack it or make the step up to championship football . If the players i listed can do it i have no doubts that Stevie May could .

Such a great talent and so many years ahead of him in the game after winning the cup i thought saints had a great future but looks like am wrong £800.000 for Stevie who said he wanted to stay anyway no transfer funds for tommy wright why would he want to stay at saints for..wright and Stevie should of both been tied up on long contracts after the cup success

If I was negotiating to sell Stevie May I would be offering potential buyers 3 options:

1) One off fee of £1.2 million with no add ons

2) Fee of £0.8 million with unlimited add ons allowing the following lines

~ £100K after 50 first team appearances

~ £100K after first Scotland cap

~ £500K after promotion to Premiership during contract

~ 20% of any future transfer profit

3) Fee of £1.0 million with add ons capped at £500K

I take it you"ll be voting yes.