Stevie May

Hardolez21

Could somebody please convince me this is a good deal for the club.

It was looking increasingly likely we couldn't offer him the type of contract he wanted, and if we hadn't sold him this Summer we'd have let him leave for around half the figure without the potential of a further fee from achievements and transfers 

Disappointing that we only seen one season of him. His heid must be stuck up his arze to join that lot. Obviously the wages help make a decision but for career development it's a wrong step. Hope the pigs don't ruin him after a scoring drought.. Scotland finest talent now playing championship relegation football! Baws

Absolutely fantastic deal for Saints at £800,000 + add ons for a player that was going to be sent on Loan last year again because the manager at that time did not rate him, He got a chance  when our more experienced and vastly superior player was no fit to play, He came on and sponned a goal against a superior Norwegian Team to our self's, he then managed to somehow fluke goals through out the season and culminated in a Scottish Cup Semi final when he actually managed to do something that like Mr Bean and pull off Two of the flukiest goals I have ever witnessed .

Hope this helps Plastered If Not then just get plastered :wink:

Edited by Center Half

Celtic don't need any more Keepers. If they can get Gordon playing anywhere near the standard of his later Hearts/early Sunderland days then they have done an excellent piece of business. Although he may never revive those days. They have Zaluska as well who is easily good enough

Guest The Great Paddy Buckley

A smart move for Forster as he is a better keeper than Hart and will now be on the radar for Ingerland. I wonder whether that works the other way though? Will Stevie get a game for Scotland as an English Second Division player as opposed to a 20 plus goals per season Scottish Premiership Cup winning player?

Craig Gordon is there Number One now. Regardless, Mannus has said plenty of times he'll only leave us for a club down South who he thinks would be a good fit

Fabregas/Lampard both stated categorically they would never play for EPL teams other than Arsenal/Chelsea .. How did that work out?

A smart move for Forster as he is a better keeper than Hart and will now be on the radar for Ingerland. I wonder whether that works the other way though? Will Stevie get a game for Scotland as an English Second Division player as opposed to a 20 plus goals per season Scottish Premiership Cup winning player?

Baws! Hart is a far superior keeper. I rate Mannus as highly as Forster. It's fair to say that it isn't a difficult position to play at a club like Celtic.

Hiya folks,

Just a quick one to say thanks for Stevie. I have to confess, & please forgive my ignorance here, but I'd not really heard of the fella until earlier this week. I then watched his goals on youtube & wow, the boy can play. Amazed there were only two clubs in for him. Have to admit I expected a late bid by another side to blow us out of the water which would have been great for you guys.Luckily for us it didn't happen.

Wish you every success this season, will be looking out for your results. Your supporters in the main have been really mature about this transfer wishing Stevie all the best and hoping he does well. You're a credit to your club. Not seen anyone not rate this lad.

Once again, have a great season & all the best to you. St Johnstone, my newly adopted side. Hope Macca bangs a few in for ya