Stevie May

Hardolez21

Some daftie in the pub yesterday claiming Mays out of favour because he was caught showing a woman about the dressing room and hes swaggering about acting the billy bigbaws. Some folk need tae get a grip. Anywho, certainly looks like he needs to move on from Wednesday,im still hoping he proves his doubters wrong and finds a more suited club and starts banging in the goals again. It would be good to see him more involved with the national side then

Some daftie in the pub yesterday claiming Mays out of favour because he was caught showing a woman about the dressing room and hes swaggering about acting the billy bigbaws. Some folk need tae get a grip. Anywho, certainly looks like he needs to move on from Wednesday,im still hoping he proves his doubters wrong and finds a more suited club and starts banging in the goals again. It would be good to see him more involved with the national side then

How do you know it's not true?

I dont, but I do know the daftie who slavered the pish,I did ask him though if he actually knows Stevie May or his dad to get such information. Sadly he has never met them before but admits to hearing this rumour while in the zoo nightclub on Saturday. Must be true then

Its bizarre how Wednesday fans can wank themselves into oblivion about spending £10m+ on Jordan Rhodes yet fail to give a chance to a younger striker already on their books who gets into the National squad ahead of him

He's really not as good as you guys think.

Having said that was speaking to one of our players the other day and asked whether May was on his way out. He said he wasn't sure but he is working hard in training to get better and stronger. 

He'll be off on loan somewhere.

Having said that was speaking to one of our players the other day and asked whether May was on his way out. He said he wasn't sure but he is working hard in training to get better and stronger.

Pretty much what May was saying while he was home for the summer.

Footballers always give the "poltically correct" answer anyway.

The team mate was never going to say.. "Hes shit and is getting the boot out the door"

Doesn't mean he is or isnt though. Who knows.

Looks like your club needs a striker.I Edited by Cagey

Yeah, I'm not thick, I do understand that, but it wasnt until Rhodes' third season of games in the Championship for him to get over ten goals. For all they know May is capable of getting the 20 goals Rhodes is apparently guaranteed to get, if they only gave him the time.

We are about to sign Gary Hooper from Norwich. I recall a lot of you on here saying Alex Neil would take May in a heartbeat, but there's no talk of a swap deal? We don't have time to wait for a player who MIGHT become good. We need quality, something we've lacked for years.

May again can't even make the bench in a Cup game against League 2 Oxford. I would be shocked if he was still with us come 2nd September. 

We are about to sign Gary Hooper from Norwich. I recall a lot of you on here saying Alex Neil would take May in a heartbeat, but there's no talk of a swap deal? We don't have time to wait for a player who MIGHT become good. We need quality, something we've lacked for years.

May again can't even make the bench in a Cup game against League 2 Oxford. I would be shocked if he was still with us come 2nd September. 

Throwing money at things in a desperate bid to try and become a big team quickly. 

Don't think a club's ever tried that before. What could possibly go wrong :ph34r:

If May's not going to get a chance at Wednesday, which is looking more and more the case every day, then fair enough ship him out. Just make sure it's not back north of the border, he really is better than that.

Edited by Kevin James Is On Stilts

Yeah, why bother giving a young forward on your books a chance to develop when you can spend tens of millions on ten others and fail to improve, then repeat this every Summer. The money in your leagues corrupted all common sense

I think Hooper struggled for goals since he left scotland. If Neil cant get the best out of him I doubt a team like yours that struggles to create chances will.

You mention League 2 Oxford as if they're sh!t and you hammered them or something?? Oh no, you scraped a 1-0 win with all your superstars......

Yeah, why bother giving a young forward on your books a chance to develop when you can spend tens of millions on ten others and fail to improve, then repeat this every Summer. The money in your leagues corrupted all common sense

We've spent years taking gambles on young players or players from lower leagues and tried to develop them into decent players. Some have worked and some haven't come off. That only gets you so far, sitting mid table in the Championship. If you really want to get to the Prem you need to sign a proven striker who will guarantee goals, we don't have that and I reckon Hooper could be that man. 

We have 4 young strikers on our books- May is fourth in line and deemed not as good a prospect as all of them. Speaks volumes for me.

This thread is really getting on my nerves now.  I keep looking at it in some sort of vain hope the latest post has some relevance to Saints - eg he's coming back on loan or we're getting a windfall from a sell-on clause - alas no it's just someone slagging someone else off.

**** SAKE :angry: