Stevie May

Hardolez21

• 2 weeks later...

Watched the game PNE v Bolton. It was bloody awful and how that boy Hugill got on before him I really don't know. Maybe that's why PNE are 18th. 

Think he's played once since the move. 

A guy who was scoring from everywhere to not even getting 15 mins at the end. 

Could easily pick him up on loan in January. Wasting a talented guy who was pushing for a Scotland call up, now he's gonna end up lucky at getting 10 games this season. 

How is Stevie not getting a game down there. Preston look absolutely toothless up front and the standard also isn't that great. Seems to be all about blood and thunder football down there, no much quality on show.

I hope you arent judging the Championship from that game last night. Between two sides near the bottom and we played the worst ive seen this season... One of those games.

Watched the game PNE v Bolton. It was bloody awful and how that boy Hugill got on before him I really don't know. Maybe that's why PNE are 18th. 

Think he's played once since the move. 

A guy who was scoring from everywhere to not even getting 15 mins at the end. 

Could easily pick him up on loan in January. Wasting a talented guy who was pushing for a Scotland call up, now he's gonna end up lucky at getting 10 games this season. 

Hugill is dire, hes also thick as pig chite. The fact he is getting gametime ahead of May makes me wonder if May has had a fall out with Grayson... Grayson is well known for having his favourites.

North, where does May go from here then? I think most of us are struggling to understand how he has gone from international squad player, just missing out on player of the year/top scorer, to a squad player at the bottom of your second tier. I think most of us put it down to Wednesday not using him properly, but he's not doing the business for you guys either. All a bit strange.

Here's hoping when the phone starts ringing about O'Halloran he takes the time to think about the reasons why his career is going from strength to strength at this club. It's not like he arrived here as the player we see now. He has benefitted massively from being at this club with this group of people round him and leaving prematurely could be disastrous for him. He's still very young and does have the time.  May should have stayed here for at least one more season, possibly 18 months. He's now finding out why it wasn't the right move or the right time. He would more than benefit from a return to Scotland on loan. Be that with us or someone like Aberdeen. He needs it. Or he stays down there, plays limited football and makes as much money as he can before his inevitable return later in his career. 

North, where does May go from here then? I think most of us are struggling to understand how he has gone from international squad player, just missing out on player of the year/top scorer, to a squad player at the bottom of your second tier. I think most of us put it down to Wednesday not using him properly, but he's not doing the business for you guys either. All a bit strange.

I think the championship is underated by many on here. Theres some really big clubs in this division and some serious money being splashed about. 

He is struggling in the championship that is obvious!

I think the championship is underated by many on here. Theres some really big clubs in this division and some serious money being splashed about. 

I think that's reasonable.  Overall it's a better standard of football than the premiership here, but Stevie wasn't a journeyman here, he was a contender for player of the year! I think it's fair to say that his standard of performances must have dropped significantly. I find that strange, as the guy's attitude and work rate seemed spot on here as well as his talent.

He is the last player you want back...

Tommy is smart enough to ensure moral and man management skills to keep this momentum going...

Steve has legend status but Team is spelt with an E not an i and right now we have the frikkinn untouchables playing for us and we ROCK dare I say it but 2nd place is real possibility

Obviously there are some really good teams in the championship,after all they are going to replace Villa,Sunderland an A N Other.There are also some really crap teams.Teams with history like Forest,Leeds,Charlton,Birmingham etc are now only a shadow of their former selves.It is an exciting league at times and the climax to the season produces drama and great skill.Its not all "killer" still some "filler"

I don't really want to start another debate on the merits of the English Championship (we did all that with Owl) but I can't agree that it's underrated.....I think it's actually over-rated by those who are in it.

It's certainly marketed very well (something the English leagues are brilliant at) but the quality doesn't automaticaly come with spending £x million on a player.

Cheers for the youtube interview link Dunblanemike

The lad is still one of us!

Stevie if your reading this I was one of the noisy St Jhonstone fans singing your name at the Scotland V England game!

in fact, Im claiming that I started the chant that night! All the best son.

Jazz

I don't really want to start another debate on the merits of the English Championship (we did all that with Owl) but I can't agree that it's underrated.....I think it's actually over-rated by those who are in it.

It's certainly marketed very well (something the English leagues are brilliant at) but the quality doesn't automaticaly come with spending £x million on a player.

Well we've spent 5 million on two strikers and we are unbeaten in 9 beating two Premier League teams rather convincingly along the way. Some serious talent in the Championship.

Just watching the likes of Forestieri and Lucas Joao just shows to me that Stevie May was never going to make it for a side pushing for promotion. 

800,000 in the Championship gets you little. A punt on a striker who had one very good season in the Scottish League. Certainly worth a punt gibven his age and the goals he scored, but really it's not going to get you much in a better division.

Well we've spent 5 million on two strikers and we are unbeaten in 9 beating two Premier League teams rather convincingly along the way. Some serious talent in the Championship.

Just watching the likes of Forestieri and Lucas Joao just shows to me that Stevie May was never going to make it for a side pushing for promotion. 

800,000 in the Championship gets you little. A punt on a striker who had one very good season in the Scottish League. Certainly worth a punt gibven his age and the goals he scored, but really it's not going to get you much in a better division.

That will be 5m that was spent by some rich Thai treating your club as some plaything. As soon as he realises that it's money down the drain or just moves on to his next toy your club will be facing similar fate and a trail of debt to other fantasist English clubs. Enjoy it will you can.