Stevie May

Hardolez21

This is it for me too.  Any number of bitter fans from down south can come on here telling us we are wrong, but he scored 27 goals for us in one season, was instrumental in a turning a semi final on it's head which led to the most memorable day any Saints fan will ever have, and performed well for the Scotland U-21s during that year.  Don't really care how he does now in the eyes of others, he made part of our history, and we got a decent bundle of cash out of his move south.  No amount of bile from other clubs' fans can take that away.

Not sure how my comment came across as bitter, ive followed this thread since we got him and just wanted to tell you lot how he is doing for us.

As i said in my last comment i hope he comes good, with his tattoos and  hair style he has got cult hero potential.

Not sure how my comment came across as bitter, ive followed this thread since we got him and just wanted to tell you lot how he is doing for us.

As i said in my last comment i hope he comes good, with his tattoos and  hair style he has got cult hero potential.

Wasn't aimed at you. Yet!

nah mate, not aimed at you, apologies. Aimed mainly at the formerly serial complaining whiner turned gloating pillock Owl.

I'm sure we could help him rediscover his form. He seems to have gone a bit Falcao/Forlan at Man Utd since leaving us. I wonder if he's homesick. I felt at the time that he could have used another season or two with us to be honest, to mature and hone a few faults in his game.

We've had former players do well in the Championship before (Stephen Dobbie, Jason Scotland a few years ago) and I've no doubt May is every bit as good a player, if not better. 

Its a strange one. 

I'm sure we could help him rediscover his form. He seems to have gone a bit Falcao/Forlan at Man Utd since leaving us. I wonder if he's homesick. I felt at the time that he could have used another season or two with us to be honest, to mature and hone a few faults in his game.

We've had former players do well in the Championship before (Stephen Dobbie, Jason Scotland a few years ago) and I've no doubt May is every bit as good a player, if not better. 

Its a strange one. 

Comparing Stevie May to Falcao?! :laugh:

He left a year early and is paying for it now. It's looking like he'll end up back in Scotland in a couple of years, half the player he was when he left. David Goodwillie is only starting to turn things around for himself now after making a similar mistake.

He left a year early and is paying for it now. It's looking like he'll end up back in Scotland in a couple of years, half the player he was when he left. David Goodwillie is only starting to turn things around for himself now after making a similar mistake.

this.

We can try to lay it at the feet of the other players in the teams he has played for, with a favourite seemingly to blame them not making enough chances for him. 

If he had left it another year or two, I think he would have made a much bigger impact down south. Jumping at a move too quickly may well cause him more damage than we can foresee at the moment

Still doesn't take away the fantastic season he gave us as Saints fans, despite the desperation of SWFCOWL to somehow play the 'i told you so' card so hard that it changes history.

Of course it doesn't, but he's bound wonder himself if he left us too early. Obviously much better for his bank balance (and ours) short term, but long term it's looking like he's on a bit of a downward spiral after 2 and a half seasons of ups in Scotland.

I don't get the 'I told you so' attitude either to be honest. Wednesday paid us a decent sum of money for his services and you'd think that their supporters would have wanted him to succeed. Some of them seem delighted that he didn't, which is just bizarre behaviour.

Of course it doesn't, but he's bound wonder himself if he left us too early. Obviously much better for his bank balance (and ours) short term, but long term it's looking like he's on a bit of a downward spiral after 2 and a half seasons of ups in Scotland.

I don't get the 'I told you so' attitude either to be honest. Wednesday paid us a decent sum of money for his services and you'd think that their supporters would have wanted him to succeed. Some of them seem delighted that he didn't, which is just bizarre behaviour.

The reason these few Owl fans want Steve to fail is because they couldn't bear to have him a success at North End which would tell us a lot about the Wednesday going around in circles pretending they are ready for the big time- They aren't.

I don't know why you guys give this Owl troll houseroom- ignore him.

Maybe he'll turn out to be more like Johnny Russell, who took a couple of years to settle at Derby.

The reason these few Owl fans want Steve to fail is because they couldn't bear to have him a success at North End which would tell us a lot about the Wednesday going around in circles pretending they are ready for the big time- They aren't.

I don't know why you guys give this Owl troll houseroom- ignore him.

SWFCOWL was desperate for him to fail as soon as he didn't score a hat-trick in his first game for SW.

SWFCOWL was desperate for him to fail as soon as he didn't score a hat-trick in his first game for SW.

Yep that's bang on mate.

The lad worked his socks off from us, I didn't boo him when he came up here the other week, nor did I clap him. Just another player who came to us with so much hype and promise and failed to deliver. Very much a victim of our takeover, if he was playing in our side now with players like Bannan, Wallace and Forestieri around him creating openings and opportunities he may well have done alright. Unfortunately for him we went out and signed better forwards in the summer.

But for me it's quite telling that all the comments from Preston fans are exactly the same comments as we were making last season. The 'he'll come good he just needs a goal' comments are the ones which get to me, because that's what we were saying to ourselves all last season. 

We were a poor career move for him at the time perhaps, or maybe he should look at himself and think I should have done better. Or maybe he's just not that good. I'm very intrigued to see how he gets on. I used to come on here and tell you how Stevie performed and got dogs abuse for not sticking up for him whilst many were ready to have a pop at Wednesday at any given opportunity. 

Yep that's bang on mate.

The lad worked his socks off from us, I didn't boo him when he came up here the other week, nor did I clap him. Just another player who came to us with so much hype and promise and failed to deliver. Very much a victim of our takeover, if he was playing in our side now with players like Bannan, Wallace and Forestieri around him creating openings and opportunities he may well have done alright. Unfortunately for him we went out and signed better forwards in the summer.

But for me it's quite telling that all the comments from Preston fans are exactly the same comments as we were making last season. The 'he'll come good he just needs a goal' comments are the ones which get to me, because that's what we were saying to ourselves all last season. 

We were a poor career move for him at the time perhaps, or maybe he should look at himself and think I should have done better. Or maybe he's just not that good. I'm very intrigued to see how he gets on. I used to come on here and tell you how Stevie performed and got dogs abuse for not sticking up for him whilst many were ready to have a pop at Wednesday at any given opportunity. 

Better post. Objectionable comment is always worth discussion and informative.

We are keen to see how young May does even if he is not ours and we don't want people ragging us about our club when we have developed some great kids.

Edited by SaintJet

Yep that's bang on mate.

I can't agree more here mate. 
The fact that the now resident PNE fan has come on and said the same as you have is very telling.

I always said he should have had another season up here.  I don't know the lad personally but, with him being young and with a fair bit more cash in his pocket, his mind may not have been on the game as much. Just my opinion though.

However, the above cannot take away the cracking season he had for St. Johnstone and the wonderful run in the cup. The semi final against Aberdeen after being pumped in the League Cup semi not too long before living in the memory forever.