Stevie May

Hardolez21

So much chat on a fringe player at a championship relegation battling team. I just don't get the big interes now a days. Like to see the lad prosper but calm down folks! I knew it was a bad move to the pigs from the day the deal was done... change managers is all it takes to get lost in lower English football oblivion...  clearly isn't making the grade at his age and no further development to him.  Does ask questions what he was actually looking at when he signed, as he was on the verge of a Scotland breakthrough, certainly taken two steps back.  Cash is important but it can't buy you game time.. what's his goals per 90 minute ratio last season?

So much chat on a fringe player at a championship relegation battling team. I just don't get the big interes now a days. Like to see the lad prosper but calm down folks! I knew it was a bad move to the pigs from the day the deal was done... change managers is all it takes to get lost in lower English football oblivion...  clearly isn't making the grade at his age and no further development to him.  Does ask questions what he was actually looking at when he signed, as he was on the verge of a Scotland breakthrough, certainly taken two steps back.  Cash is important but it can't buy you game time.. what's his goals per 90 minute ratio last season?

Got it in a nutshell.

I'm having fun with them on P&B, theres QOS fans gloating to Rangers fans about him signing for Hibs, and the one Hibs fans who'll instantly believe it and start spreading it everywhere has also bought it. Wonder how far it'll go

I feel like fake tweets and alias accounts is taking it too far. I'm gonna suggest getting yourself a life outside the internet. Then again it's pretty amusing, so crack on. 

I feel like fake tweets and alias accounts is taking it too far. I'm gonna suggest getting yourself a life outside the internet. Then again it's pretty amusing, so crack on. 

That accounts not me, genuinely no idea who it is.

Started to get back at the Dundee fans for the constant shite being spouted, then Hibs fans started with the constant going on about it too.

I'll break it to them gently

6pm in Eng and midnight here.

Cant see May being worth £2m. Can see them seling him for about a million.

The downside being if he now does well at his new club Saints will miss out financially as his current move is very much a sideways one

I assume this is their plan. It's deadline day, so valuations really mean next to nothing. Set his price at a million and he'll probably go for less than that. Set his price at £2m, and it bumps the bids up a bit.

Top Football Manager logic right there.

There's no chance he'll go for £2m. They'll do well to recoup what they paid. 

As much as I agree that £2m is over the top, he went for £800k last year, and although he hasn't really set the league alight this season, he has still scored goals and is at a good age. I don't think it would be outrageous to see them get around £1m for the guy.

Edited by Kevin James Is On Stilts

As much as I agree that £2m is over the top, he went for £800k last year, and although he hasn't really set the league alight this season, he has still scored goals and is at a good age. I don't think it would be outrageous to see them get around £1m for the guy.

even if they get that, it's worth next to nowt for us. £20-40k depending on the sell on clause

even if they get that, it's worth next to nowt for us. £20-40k depending on the sell on clause

I wasn't talking about the sell on clause, but fair enough. Any cash coming into the club is a positive surely. Yes, it may be a smaller amount than we would have hoped for a year ago, but it's still more than if he'd been continually sent out on loan by Wednesday, or just left to sit on the bench for the rest of his contract.

We managed to get Murray and Dave for 50k a few years ago remember, so it's not a totally useless amount. Could also bump up the wage budget. Or Broon could use it to replace all the doorhandles at McD. Who knows, either way it's money that we won't have had a week ago.

I wasn't talking about the sell on clause, but fair enough. Any cash coming into the club is a positive surely. Yes, it may be a smaller amount than we would have hoped for a year ago, but it's still more than if he'd been continually sent out on loan by Wednesday, or just left to sit on the bench for the rest of his contract.
We managed to get Murray and Dave for 50k a few years ago remember, so it's not a totally useless amount. Could also bump up the wage budget. Or Broon could use it to replace all the doorhandles at McD. Who knows, either way it's money that we won't have had a week ago.

And much less than if he'd played regularly, scored plenty and gone to a big club for £30m ;)

And much less than if he'd played regularly, scored plenty and gone to a big club for £30m ;)

True. But that's not the situation that we're in, is it. As it stands, it seems his time's up at Wednesday so we can either get a £0 sell on clause if he's left out completely or goes somewhere on loan, or we can get some cash if they sell him. I know which I'd rather have.