Stevie May

Hardolez21

But you surely wouldn't spend days negotiating for May to go "no thanks l0l"

It's not unheard of I wouldn't think. As it stands I think Saints have said they'll talk again if Rotherham start being serious.

That doesn't mean May wants to go, but he will be pushed there is almost no doubt.

I reckon given a new deal that May would stay for now, but there is no way Saints will turn down the serious money if it were offered.

It's not unheard of I wouldn't think. As it stands I think Saints have said they'll talk again if Rotherham start being serious.

That doesn't mean May wants to go, but he will be pushed there is almost no doubt.

I reckon given a new deal that May would stay for now, but there is no way Saints will turn down the serious money if it were offered.

Has it happened often? Can anyone think of examples of a players refusing to move after negotiations? A player with a price on his head which is offered and accepted doesn't count. I mean a club actively negotiating with another club for a period of time, and the deal then falls through as the player doesn't want to go.

Has it happened often? Can anyone think of examples of a players refusing to move after negotiations? A player with a price on his head which is offered and accepted doesn't count. I mean a club actively negotiating with another club for a period of time, and the deal then falls through as the player doesn't want to go.

I'm sure it does happen time and again.

Willian to Spurs is a big example I can think of.

If we are wanting serious money then we should have given him a new deal, then hopefully we'd be talking about a club record fee instead of 800 thou. The only way this can seem like a good deal for us just now is if we've offered a deal and he's not wanting to sign it for some reason

If we are wanting serious money then we should have given him a new deal, then hopefully we'd be talking about a club record fee instead of 800 thou. The only way this can seem like a good deal for us just now is if we've offered a deal and he's not wanting to sign it for some reason

I personally think selling him the now is very short sighted.

Ideally he'd sign something like a 3 year deal, have another smashing season with Saints and next summer we'd be talking a doubling the fee or perhaps more.

exactly what i think. even if he went in january. i'd be chuffed if he went for something like the united players went for at least we'd have something worthwhile to shout about

Exactly.

Robertson is a good player, no doubt about it, but he is not worth over three times the amount of Stevie May, not in this life or the next.

Gauld as well - I've actually never seen him have a good game really - but again silly money for a laddie with nothing more than potential.

For what it's worth I think Dow was the pick of Uniteds bunch. Those two transfers are great business for them.

It rarely happens these days.  Agents line everything up for potential moves before anything is even agreed.  We will know what salary he would expect, and he will already know everything about our club, from the manager down.  If he had said, 'Rotherham Utd? No way', then the bartering wouldn't have got this far.  The only time things break down, is where there is another offer with more money, and his agent will certainly be trying to bring other clubs on board up to the very last minute.  Tens of thousands of pounds in signing on fees, a hefty salary increase and agent fees will ultimately be the primary decision makers in any transfer, once the clubs have agreed the price.

Edit:-

From our local press

Rotherham United are the only club to make a firm offer for striker Stevie May, St Johnstone boss Tommy Wright has revealed.

The Saints manager said he was surprised other teams hadn't entered the race for the 21 year old hitman's signature.

The Scottish club expect to lose May to the Millers this week but hope he will play in Thursday's Europa League tie against Spartak Trnava before departing.

Edited by millerman

It rarely happens these days. Agents line everything up for potential moves before anything is even agreed. We will know what salary he would expect, and he will already know everything about our club, from the manager down. If he had said, 'Rotherham Utd? No way', then the bartering wouldn't have got this far. The only time things break down, is where there is another offer with more money, and his agent will certainly be trying to bring other clubs on board up to the very last minute

. Tens of thousands of pounds in signing on fees, a hefty

salary increase and agent fees will ultimately be the

primary decision makers in any transfer, once the clubs

have agreed the price.

You can have chairmen stamping their feet,agents touting their clients but at the end of the day if a player who is still under contract, doesnt want to move then he aint gonna move

Edit:-

From our local press

Rotherham United are the only club to make a firm offer for striker Stevie May, St Johnstone boss Tommy Wright has revealed.

The Saints manager said he was surprised other teams hadn't entered the race for the 21 year old hitman's signature.

The Scottish club expect to lose May to the Millers this week but hope he will play in Thursday's Europa League tie against Spartak Trnava before departing.

It rarely happens these days.  Agents line everything up for potential moves before anything is even agreed.  We will know what salary he would expect, and he will already know everything about our club, from the manager down.  If he had said, 'Rotherham Utd? No way', then the bartering wouldn't have got this far.  The only time things break down, is where there is another offer with more money, and his agent will certainly be trying to bring other clubs on board up to the very last minute.  Tens of thousands of pounds in signing on fees, a hefty salary increase and agent fees will ultimately be the primary decision makers in any transfer, once the clubs have agreed the price.

You're of course right. If it's true that his contract talks have stalled (which is reported in the local press today) then the club will probably be chasing out of the door a bit too.

I really mean no disrespect to Rotherham when I say this, but I didn't have visions of him leaving us for another unfashionable club, albeit a Championship one. He really is an outstanding young talent and hopefully he gets the chance to continue his development with you guys and we get a cut of a future, probably more lucrative deal.

I would like nothing more than for us to sign May, for him to make a huge impact, become an international regular, and move on to a good Premiership club for a huge amount of money that would make both us and you financially sound for a good few seasons.  If Ross McCormack can go for £11M, then we could be both looking at making serious seven figure profits in the future.