Stevie May

Hardolez21

I hate the term "sleeping giants" and the phrase used when teams, who were formerly high flyers many years ago, claim they are too good for the division they languish in, but I do believe Sheffield Wednesday will prosper, with our little dynamo leading their front line, and return them to the promised land. Sheffield is too big for 2 shit teams.

Mainstand your posts sticking up for the club have been pissing me off for some time now!! Can you not see that this has been a shambles? Pre season has been awfull? Tw has been made to look like a t***? Steve Brown holding out for 800,000 in itself is a disgrace considering what the United kids went for?

Are you browns love child?

Essexsaint I coudl not care less if you are pissed off at my posts. This is a forum and I am giving MY view. Like it or lump it, its up to you.

I dont know if you are trawling or just don't grasp it.

Stevy May has not signed an extended contract and his new contract end in June 2015. He can from January arrange a deal and sign a pre contract with another Club. If that was thecase Saints would ned up at a tribunal and the fee would be worked out on his salry number of years training at club etc We woudl not get £800k.

I am certainly not and I doubt very much if you are in the know as far as contract talks are concerned. I can only presume that they have not gone as well as had been expected and as such saints are needing to liquidate their asset.  

As for TW being made to look a tit I do not think taht has been the case, he has said what he would like and the chairman has notagreed to the extra expenditurte. TW has handled things excellently and in no way IMO has he been seen to look like a tit.

As for your last comment i despair.  

Would love to know what May himself thinks about all this. The other night a poster had stated that according to a good source(supposedly his father) that May was going nowhere. Surely the only way he would change his mind is if he was made an offer by one of the interested clubs that would be silly to refuse. People are talking as if it is a forgone conclusion and that it will happen after our euro game but if I was Stevie I certainly wouldn't be in a hurry to accept terms from the first club I spoke too. In saying that will be hard for him with desperado brown breathing over his shoulder with pen in hand saying,"you know you want to Stevie".

Would love to know what May himself thinks about all this. The other night a poster had stated that according to a good source(supposedly his father) that May was going nowhere. Surely the only way he would change his mind is if he was made an offer by one of the interested clubs that would be silly to refuse. People are talking as if it is a forgone conclusion and that it will happen after our euro game but if I was Stevie I certainly wouldn't be in a hurry to accept terms from the first club I spoke too. In saying that will be hard for him with desperado brown breathing over his shoulder with pen in hand saying,"you know you want to Stevie".

I think the fact we've got Adam Morgan lined up to sign tomorrow tells it's own story to be honest.

I find the whole situation utterly depressing to be honest. Don't want to bash the club, but from the absolute high of the cup win and parade, it seems like the club is just ballsing everything up. Agents/players/staff on holidays was the excuses wheeled out by the club and some folk on here for inaction! Come in, get a grip, it is a shambles.

May should have been given a can of tennents super on the bus back from parkhead and a contract shoved in front of him there and then! TW the same.

How do saints come up with a figure of £800k for May? Can't see TW coming up with that and to be honest, SB wouldn't have a clue.

Pains me to say it, but Utd have shown how transfers should be done. Get players tied down to contracts and don't sell until you get what you want.

The club should have been talking up saints at every opportunity to sell the club to fans and players. Instead, we get nothing but negativity.

The other thing to look at is how this transfer would affect and future sales that saints may have. If he goes for 800k, last year of contract or not, that sends out the signal that saints sell on the cheep. Hibs and Utd got good money for many players because folk wanted them and they were perceived as hard to push around.

*Frustrated rant over *

Edited by TheYellowBox

The other thing to look at is how this transfer would affect and future sales that saints may have. If he goes for 800k, last year of contract or not, that sends out the signal that saints sell on the cheep.*

This whole May saga also shows we're willing to give a young player a chance, then won't stand in his way when a club with more money from down South comes in for him, I suppose. And Uniteds reputation for doing exactly this is one of the main reasons they got Andrew Robertson last Summer ahead of us. This is the first Summer United haven't "sold on the cheap" either, remember Johnny Russell left them for £750k with the same contract length as May.

Long term this could help us sign more youngsters ahead of rival.

#positivespin

This whole May saga also shows we're willing to give a young player a chance, then won't stand in his way when a club with more money from down South comes in for him, I suppose. And Uniteds reputation for doing exactly this is one of the main reasons they got Andrew Robertson last Summer ahead of us. This is the first Summer United haven't "sold on the cheap" either, remember Johnny Russell left them for £750k with the same contract length as May.

Long term this could help us sign more youngsters ahead of rival.

#positivespin

That is some positive spin! ;)

Although was it not clear that Russell made it clear that he wouldn't sign a new contract, so they had to cash in. May has said many times he wants to stay.

The other way to look at it is that Utd learnt from the Russell situation and signed up the young players on longer deals with part of the money. In fact, did Gauld not end up signing a couple of new contracts last season? I can't see saints doing that and sadly, I don't think we have enough quality young players coming through, and by that, I mean players we have developed and can get a development fee for at least. Brown, O'halleron and a few others wouldn't qualify.

I'd take a punt on tiring down those 2 plus Kane on 4 year deals rather than paying the likes of Clarkson a good wage for a season.

Mainstand - his name Stevie May, not Stevy May.

If you're going to pull up that , spend the rest of the day correcting the Miller/Millar , O'Halloren/O'Halloran McDairmid/McDiarmid Ormand/Ormond and countless other mistakes that are made hourly on here please Xxx.

If you're going to pull up that , spend the rest of the day correcting the Miller/Millar , O'Halloren/O'Halloran McDairmid/McDiarmid Ormand/Ormond and countless other mistakes that are made hourly on here please Xxx.

To be honest I think those are just honest and understandable errors. Every single time I talk about Chris Millar I have to think whether he is an e or an a. Mainstand must actually know his name is Stevie but chooses to spell the guys name completely different. I've never met a single Stevie that spells his name Stevy. It doesn't even sound right when you say it. Stevaaaay. Right then. Not that it's a big deal or anything. It's just that after the tenth time I saw the error I couldn't refrain from pointing it out.

It's in the courier today that the deal has been finalised, so I think so.

When you see the names Dunne, Goodwillie and Craig in one sentence then "Adam Morgan loan signing from League One Yeovil" in another...

We needed another striker even if Stevie May had stayed so I think he looks like a decent acquisition from that point of view. Hopefully if and when May goes, we spend money getting a proven 20+ goal a season striker in to replace him. Not along the lines of James Collins though. The papers suggesting we've signed him because May is leaving makes me feel a little bit sad inside. There better be another on the way if May does leave.

Essexsaint I coudl not care less if you are pissed off at my posts. This is a forum and I am giving MY view. Like it or lump it, its up to you.

I dont know if you are trawling or just don't grasp it.

Stevy May has not signed an extended contract and his new contract end in June 2015. He can from January arrange a deal and sign a pre contract with another Club. If that was thecase Saints would ned up at a tribunal and the fee would be worked out on his salry number of years training at club etc We woudl not get £800k.

I am certainly not and I doubt very much if you are in the know as far as contract talks are concerned. I can only presume that they have not gone as well as had been expected and as such saints are needing to liquidate their asset.

As for TW being made to look a tit I do not think taht has been the case, he has said what he would like and the chairman has notagreed to the extra expenditurte. TW has handled things excellently and in no way IMO has he been seen to look like a tit.

As for your last comment i despair.

Don't assume everyone disagreeing with your comments are trawling! And I don't expect you to congratulate me on not agreeing with you either. This is the beauty of having a forum like this. I'd happily sit down and chat about the current situation at saints and still tell you your points of view are not agreeable

Heard from a very reliable source that Stevie May is not interested in moving at the moment (or to any of the clubs in talks) and it's the club that are pushing for a deal to go ahead.

I really hope the lad isn't bullied into a move by Steve Brown. If he wants to stay tie him up for a while and take a risk of a higher fee. We survived when we lost out on the Danny Griffin fee and would again.

Heard from a very reliable source that Stevie May is not interested in moving at the moment (or to any of the clubs in talks) and it's the club that are pushing for a deal to go ahead.

I really hope the lad isn't bullied into a move by Steve Brown. If he wants to stay tie him up for a while and take a risk of a higher fee. We survived when we lost out on the Danny Griffin fee and would again.

Would love to believe this is the case, but I think by the way Tommy is coming across in interviews he has already resigned himself to the fact that Mayzo will be moving on tomorrow.  I would imagine he would be in a position to know exactly what May is thinking with regards leaving.

Looks like a done deal to me, plus the brining in of Adam Morgan is a pretty sure fire sign that a deal is imminent.

To be honest I think those are just honest and understandable errors. Every single time I talk about Chris Millar I have to think whether he is an e or an a. Mainstand must actually know his name is Stevie but chooses to spell the guys name completely different. I've never met a single Stevie that spells his name Stevy. It doesn't even sound right when you say it. Stevaaaay. Right then. Not that it's a big deal or anything. It's just that after the tenth time I saw the error I couldn't refrain from pointing it out.

Samantha You really need to get out more. :)

FYI I thought he spelt it STEVY but thank you for correcting me and I promise never ever to get any names wrong ever again.

That would be utterly awful if the club was trying to force a move. Understandable from a financial viewpoint but it makes me feel a little bit sick to think May could feel forced into moving. We have all heard him talk about how happy he is here and how good it is with regards to his personal and family life. If he makes it clear he's not ready, the club needs to give him a three year, vastly improved contract and respect his wishes. We will reap the rewards eventually.

That would be utterly awful if the club was trying to force a move. Understandable from a financial viewpoint but it makes me feel a little bit sick to think May could feel forced into moving. We have all heard him talk about how happy he is here and how good it is with regards to his personal and family life. If he makes it clear he's not ready, the club needs to give him a three year, vastly improved contract and respect his wishes. We will reap the rewards eventually.

We'd reap the rewards immediately

Samantha You really need to get out more. :)

FYI I thought he spelt it STEVY but thank you for correcting me and I promise never ever to get any names wrong ever again.

I have always wondered why people say "you need to get out more". I get out loads. I have a very active social life.

You must've been living in no mans land for the last four or five years to genuinely think it was Stevy. Nobody spells Stevie like that.

Don't assume everyone disagreeing with your comments are trawling! And I don't expect you to congratulate me on not agreeing with you either. This is the beauty of having a forum like this. I'd happily sit down and chat about the current situation at saints and still tell you your points of view are not agreeable

I didn't expect you to care about my post. I think if anyone did care on an open Internet forum they would be a dribbling wreck by now through paranoia and be extremely insecure.

Agreed the accusation that you were browns love child was a tad tongue in cheek haha

You clearly have your view and it seems mostly based upon factual information which does help, but I don't think you can know for sure if what tw is saying in the media is actualy what he thinks...I certainly don't.

You have also twisted my comments slightly which Is not ideal. I never said he acted like a tit. What I said is that he has been made to look like one through the fairly poor handling of the budget...wanting players, publicly having them on trial, then being told he can't have them etc.

With Regards to Despairing About me saying it's About Time saints had some luck....I Think you were being A Naughty boy by suggesting you Despair, trying To get a reaction??? I Want To End on A positive but is that not trawling?

I have Taken my medication Since My post To you earlier and I promise now not To publicly say you have pissed me off.

Essex

The despair comment was in respect of lovechild and I never said he acted like a tit. I said was made to looka tit

:)