Time To Spend Steve

bankfoot saint

Over 15,000 fans at our two European games, I make that in the region of £300k if you take into account catering, parking, not sure what the costs are for police etc so let's call it a nice round £250k made!

That for me leaves plenty of cash to bring in at lest one player if not two and you'd

Still have £100k change!

Fans are quick to critise and call for new players after a poor result, in our case though, we've been calling this out since early June before a ball was even kicked! You can are argue this is the same team that knocked out Luzerne however you can only run your luck so many times and players are not going to perform 100% in every match! Squad is thin, there's no real competition for places, and you can't expect 16 or so player to go the season with no injures suspensions etc and perform consistently!

Steve if you are reading this do the right thing :)

On sub 3000 crowds what the fuq do ye expect . Just enjoy while it's good

Spoilt fuqers .away and read yer clubs history.

We are perth

On sub 3000 crowds we've managed in the past to sign players so what's changed this year I'm not asking to break the bank but the teams needing freshening up we lost May tonight and had no one to replace him I don't know why Kane didn't start tonight if the manager didn't trust him to start what are we going to do if May/McLean get injured long term god forbid

blame the the major shareholder i think he is still calling all the shots

i would have taken goodwillie out on the park tonight with mclean

all this rubbish about a budget,every other team can figure out a budget

will saints be the only team in the league not to sign a player

maybe if we had lost the cup we might have a signing or two to replace the five we got rid of

btw i hate goodwillie as a 'person'

On sub 3000 crowds we've managed in the past to sign players so what's changed this year I'm not asking to break the bank but the teams needing freshening up we lost May tonight and had no one to replace him I don't know why Kane didn't start tonight if the manager didn't trust him to start what are we going to do if May/McLean get injured long term god forbid

we've been signing players but we've also been making losses . maybe steve b has said lets put an end to this now. or maybe steve b has given tw a budget an tw is splashing it all on May?

we've been signing players but we've also been making losses . maybe steve b has said lets put an end to this now. or maybe steve b has given tw a budget an tw is splashing it all on May?

Wow we lose one game against a highly skilled team who have been on a good run and played far more competitive games and all this moaning and quite rightly comments regarding our superb chairman.

If this is the reaction after one result I can assure you unless our highly rated chairman spends now and give our manager the 3 players he needed we will be bottom six and possibly struggling and with The Rangers probably back with Hearts Steve brown is gambling with next years probable increase in sponsorship and more TV money.

Think Steve think

Over 15,000 fans at our two European games, I make that in the region of £300k if you take into account catering, parking, not sure what the costs are for police etc so let's call it a nice round £250k made!

how many free kids did you take off those 15,000 fans? we had the better of spartak (a team we knew feck all about) in the second half and i recon we will do them and over there :idea:

How quickly folks turn. Just two months ago practically every poster on here was eulogising about how the cup final win was a validation of the club's prudent approach, living within our means etc. Now a single defeat and people are yelling for us to splash the cash

As for those people totting up the income made from our European games, you're conveniently forgetting there's an expenditure column as well. How much do you reckon it costs to charter a plane? Book a suite of rooms? Insure the players? I seem to remember we made a loss on the European campaign a couple of years back. At best, we'll make a small profit.

Edited by sleepless

Wow we lose one game against a highly skilled team who have been on a good run and played far more competitive games and all this moaning and quite rightly comments regarding our superb chairman.

If this is the reaction after one result I can assure you unless our highly rated chairman spends now and give our manager the 3 players he needed we will be bottom six and possibly struggling and with The Rangers probably back with Hearts Steve brown is gambling with next years probable increase in sponsorship and more TV money.

Think Steve think

You might gather more support for your posts if it wasn't so obvious that you have some sort of petty personal vendetta against the Chairman.  As for the part about The Rangers and Hearts, I've read that bit of your post several times and I'm not sure what you're trying to say.  You constantly moan that the club's not spending money and here you seem to be moaning that the Chairman is gambling with next year's money.  Doesn't make sense to me.

Whilst I agree 2 more players wouldn't break the bank I think people are overreacting a little. Nobody outside Celtic are as technical as that side last night. We figured them out eventually but that's European football for you, you don't get time to figure teams out when at home first.

The bench did look weak last night but then again, Kane came on and gave us a presence, Caddis did last week too. Maybe the manager should take a bit of blame for the tactics and late subs.

Kane isn't going to develop sitting on the bench and getting a 15 minute sub appearance here and there. He needs to go on loan to a full time team who he trains with every day. He will be a very good striker but having seen him at Dumbarton he still has a lot to learn. May benefited massively from his loan spells and Kane would if he had the opportunity. Unless Kane gets regular game time at Saints, but can't see it.

To be honest, don't think last night had much to do with the lack of players. More to do with the poor performance and poor tactics.

Easy with hindsight, but dont think playing Maclean up there on his own really works. Didn't work too well in Lucerne although we got the result and last night was the same.

Think Steve think

id rather be bottom 6 than go down the rangers /hearts route

To be honest, don't think last night had much to do with the lack of players. More to do with the poor performance and poor tactics.

Easy with hindsight, but dont think playing Maclean up there on his own really works. Didn't work too well in Lucerne although we got the result and last night was the same.

But is it not a lack of players that causes Maclean to be up top on his own? Swings and roundabouts I think.

My views are clear, but I don't think we'll see anyone coming in.

How quickly folks turn. Just two months ago practically every poster on here was eulogising about how the cup final win was a validation of the club's prudent approach, living within our means etc. Now a single defeat and people are yelling for us to splash the cash

As for those people totting up the income made from our European games, you're conveniently forgetting there's an expenditure column as well. How much do you reckon it costs to charter a plane? Book a suite of rooms? Insure the players? I seem to remember we made a loss on the European campaign a couple of years back. At best, we'll make a small profit.

Run out of likes again, but this is it for me too.  Too many folk just cannot comprehend that we are one of the smallest clubs in the premiership, and when it comes to Europe, even diddy teams like Spartak Trnava who hardly anyone has heard of are huge in comparison.  I really hope some of the people who don't appreciate that this is the best era EVER for our club will look back with hindsight and see how remarkable it is.

All this 'speculate to accumulate' nonsense might apply in some business examples, but in football the rewards are too fickle and limited to ever be worth the risk.

Kane isn't going to develop sitting on the bench and getting a 15 minute sub appearance here and there. He needs to go on loan to a full time team who he trains with every day. He will be a very good striker but having seen him at Dumbarton he still has a lot to learn. May benefited massively from his loan spells and Kane would if he had the opportunity. Unless Kane gets regular game time at Saints, but can't see it.

Exactly. Guys like Kane and Easton are at the age where they really should be out on loan playing competitive matches week in, week out, not sitting on the bench and getting 5-10 mins every 2nd week. Sadly our squad is so small we can't send them out on loan and this could significantly impact their development.

Run out of likes again, but this is it for me too.  Too many folk just cannot comprehend that we are one of the smallest clubs in the premiership, and when it comes to Europe, even diddy teams like Spartak Trnava who hardly anyone has heard of are huge in comparison.  I really hope some of the people who don't appreciate that this is the best era EVER for our club will look back with hindsight and see how remarkable it is.

All this 'speculate to accumulate' nonsense might apply in some business examples, but in football the rewards are too fickle and limited to ever be worth the risk.

run out of dislikes (or cant find that key)

what a condescending post.

of course we "comprehend", we know what we have achieved, we are not stupid.

that doesn't take away what is happening now at board level.

we need new signings now, the players know it, the management know it and 99% of the fans know it.

but hey lets not say anything, it's not the done thing to express our worry.

this "we are just a wee club", "what right do we have to complain"?

that is "nonsense"

Run out of likes again, but this is it for me too. Too many folk just cannot comprehend that we are one of the smallest clubs in the premiership, and when it comes to Europe, even diddy teams like Spartak Trnava who hardly anyone has heard of are huge in comparison. I really hope some of the people who don't appreciate that this is the best era EVER for our club will look back with hindsight and see how remarkable it is.

Disagree Monty. Nobody is asking for the earth and nobody is expecting us to be up there challenging Sellick ;)

However, it is obvious that the squad needs some depth in there. Especially to support Steve and Stevie. I would be concerned that this situation would end up holding Kane back rather than bringing him on in any significant way. May had the benefit of full seasons with Alloa and Hamilton before truly breaking through. Kane has had half a season with Dumbarton. He needs games at the right level and using him as sub/injury filler is the wrong move.

Now is the right time for Brown and Caddis to come in. No issue there.

It seems more of a gamble NOT to invest in the team imo.

Well maybe I'm exaggerating too far in the opposite direction.  I don't believe that SB is simply holding back the money to be a d*** and annoy the fans, he will be doing what he believes is the best decision for the club in the long term.  Given my lack of experience in running a football club, I'll stand back and trust his judgement.  Clearly this forum is populated by people with ample experience to know better though.

I'd love to see us sign a few players by the way, so don't accuse me of liking this situation, I just don't think I have the knowledge to challenge it.  To refer to SB as a 'wank' and other expressions used above is pathetic and embarrassing though.