Time To Spend Steve

bankfoot saint

if the bonuses havent been cut why should they make a statement?

if they made statements after every rumour on wap it would be an embarrassment

Yeh I get your point, most rumors aren't worth comment but this one could have an effect on season tickets and attendances. Maybe an official statement is a bit over the top but if it is untrue, the club should try to get the word out, maybe via a player. They are right to ignore rumors as a rule but this one could cause damage.

Yeh I get your point, most rumors aren't worth comment but this one could have an effect on season tickets and attendances. Maybe an official statement is a bit over the top but if it is untrue, the club should try to get the word out, maybe via a player. They are right to ignore rumors as a rule but this one could cause damage.

On the subject of season tickets, does anyone know how many we've sold so far? SB wanted the fans to invest in the team, I'm pretty sure we would have sold more on the back of last season so where is the money going?

On the subject of season tickets, does anyone know how many we've sold so far? SB wanted the fans to invest in the team, I'm pretty sure we would have sold more on the back of last season so where is the money going?

The last time it was mentioned sales were up 20%.

As for the money. Its going to improve the infrastructure of the club.

Ok say TW gets money to spend and it is all of £800,000 (dream on). Is this enough to buy a replacement for May because all the reasonable free transfers have been snapped up, so we will have to buy one. Is there anyone out there who can score 20+ goals a season at this price or more likley £250,000 (am I still dreaming)

Don't think there would be many still to get ST.

Here is another possibility-

Is it a case that Steve Brown wants to almost change the business model of the club to something more similar to Dundee United and previous spells at Hibs?

By bringing in Stevenson it seems the club is set on regularly bringing in new players from the youth system and ultimately selling them on to make a profit? Look at Steve Thompson and Dundee United, not so long ago they were in a pretty poor position financially- but after cutting wages and bringing in millions from the youngsters things are looking much better.

If this is the case, I am happy to support it, but I think Steve Brown has maybe over estimated the goodwill factor of last season and went TOO FAR with his savings in a short time. He knows that the squad we have is probably good enough to avoid relegation and it's as good a time as any to cut back, but and it's a big but- The club has finally managed to attract new fans/welcome back old ones- it would be silly to suggest that this negativity won't have an effect on their feel good factor to the club come the following season.

Without offering an opinion of my own id just like to state a fact.

We have beaten two fantastic sides in European competition in the last 12 months, finished top 6 for the third time on the trot and WON the SCOTTISH CUP.

15000 turned up at Celtic Park to see us lift our trophy, 15000 have attended out last two European games in total.

We should be celebrating fantastic times for this club (the fact we feel aggrieved at losing a match closely in Europe says a lot for how good times are)

We aren't celebrating at all. There is so much I'll feeling surrounding the club with negative comments coming from fans, players and coaches.

This all stems from somewhere. The clubs hierarchy have amazingly managed to turn the fairytale like atmosphere into an atmosphere of loathing and disgust.

This is possibly the darkest moment in the history of our club's management (not team management)

"This is possibly the darkest moment in the history of our club's management"

Not sure about that.  Unclear times for fans - yes. 

The next seven days are very big for the club and as to how the season will go. 

Football teams need strong squads, it is as simple as that.  We have a some good players and some who have one more season in them, without bringing in new blood before the end of the transfer window it will be a revoultion of change this time next year.

I think the BIG fear we all have is a domino effect if Stevie moves to Rotherham, a move which I think is highly dangerous for his development.

The last time it was mentioned sales were up 20%.

As for the money. Its going to improve the infrastructure of the club.

20% of f**k all amounts to just a little bit more than f**k all...

This club will never be a "normal" top half SPL club unless our season tickets sales were more like 60% up on last season.

All this pish that we aren't actually skint and its a smoke screen for Steve Brown pocketing millions or we are saving it for a rainy day is just drivvel.

WE ARE SKINT!! Our stadium is 25 years old and has barely been touched since its inception. Our facilities are starting to fall well behind other SPL and even Championship clubs. Its hardly sustainable to rent facilities from Stirling University forever.

I don't particularly like the way Steve Brown has gone about things lately and I think we are ripped off for Stevie May but thats football. The bottom line is if May wants to chase money, he will go to Rotherham and there is nothing we can do.

20% of f**k all amounts to just a little bit more than f**k all...

This club will never be a "normal" top half SPL club unless our season tickets sales were more like 60% up on last season.

All this pish that we aren't actually skint and its a smoke screen for Steve Brown pocketing millions or we are saving it for a rainy day is just drivvel.

WE ARE SKINT!! Our stadium is 25 years old and has barely been touched since its inception. Our facilities are starting to fall well behind other SPL and even Championship clubs. Its hardly sustainable to rent facilities from Stirling University forever.

I don't particularly like the way Steve Brown has gone about things lately and I think we are ripped off for Stevie May but thats football. The bottom line is if May wants to chase money, he will go to Rotherham and there is nothing we can do.

I agree.

Though I wouldn't say we are skint. We have cash in the bank where most club have none. However, we have a different business model. We don't use credit facilities and try to pay things in cash. Most clubs who want to pay for improvements use credit to do so. Saints don't, we are old fashioned but at least we are safe. All we are doing is trying to build back up the cash reserves that have been depleted recently. Whether we agree with or not we don't have a choice. I'd rather we played it safe.

I think we are ripped off for Stevie May but thats football. The bottom line is if May wants to chase money, he will go to Rotherham and there is nothing we can do.

I don't think its a case of chasing money, But it doesn't seem that saints are offering any deal due to no budget being in place, So why would he not look to secure his football, I'm sure if there where 2 offers on the table 1 from saints and 1 from rotherham and there was a difference in wages but contract lengths where similar then he would stick it out here

I don't think its a case of chasing money, But it doesn't seem that saints are offering any deal due to no budget being in place, So why would he not look to secure his football, I'm sure if there where 2 offers on the table 1 from saints and 1 from rotherham and there was a difference in wages but contract lengths where similar then he would stick it out here

Who said there isn't a good offer from Saints?

I agree.

Though I wouldn't say we are skint. We have cash in the bank where most club have none.

In football terms we are skint. In our personal lives we have all had one time or another when we have had more cash in our bank account than reflects our general wealth or future income.

If I earn £20,000 per year, and one day I'm walking along the street and find £2000, that doesn't mean that I can start living a life of luxury. Once that £2000 has gone how do I replace it when I am still earning £20,000.