Spartak Trnava V Saints

glenrothes saintee

Don't speak Slovakian (!), but the below - from Spartak's FB site suggests that if things had been different, the draw would have been interesting this morning.....some great trips and a couple to be avoided......GRRR

Koho si želáte za súpera?

1 Maccabi Tel-Aviv FC (ISR)
2 FC Zürich (SUI)
3 CD Nacional (POR)
4 Tottenham Hotspur FC (ENG)
5 FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk (UKR)

Still hopping one of your subs was ineligible though ;-)

haha, i understand that going thru teamsheets and ticking off player after player is now the biggest weapon of scottish teams :D

now everybody's looking forward to the draw later today. would be nice to get e.g. spurs, celtic, sparta prague or hull (if our neighbours from as trencin almost succeeded against them, spartak could try to avenge them).

the only shame is that trnava's new ground is still one huge building site.

believe me, that i don't like play acting too (even from my own team) and if you asked my mates they would confirm that i moaned about it the second martin vyskocil (or whoever it was) fell to the ground and it was absolutely obvious that his only intention was to waste time.

i also don't like diving or biting opponent's arm :) and overall i prefer the style of the game you play on the isles.

that's why more or less i just look out for trnava's results and consider myself to be a fierce supporter of colchester united fc, but that is a different chapter.

Great effort saints, really gave them a scare.

Gutted but every single one of them gave their all.

And tommy wright, tactical genius. I think a few of us were scratching our head at the teamsheet but he very nearly pulled off one of the best results in our history. Let's get his contract sorted, get a bit stability in and get looking forward to another successful season.

Thought they were a decent side.. When they eventually get knocked out can we slip in a cheeky wee bid for their no 10 ???

Thought they were a decent side.. When they eventually get knocked out can we slip in a cheeky wee bid for their no 10 ???

you liked trnava's le grand blond vlasko? tbh i didn't think much of him when spartak bought him from the czech side slovan liberec. i was wrong...

Edited by pmiks

Hi folks,

was at the game last night and met a few Saints fans.

Hope you enjoyed the game other than the result. I thought Saints very unlucky to not win the overall tie and bossed most of the game in a tiny stadium with mental fans all round them.

One couple I met had a scarf stolen and I think the same rocket tried to steal a Scotland flag. 

Trnava have a passionate support but there are far too many nut cases follow them.

By and large it was in good spirits.

All the best.

so it's FC Spartak Trnava v. FC Zurich...

The kicks in the nuts just keep coming. Wished that if we got through we would get FC Zürich and give them a right good doing.  I hope Spartak Trnava win this. I wouldn't have said that last night after all the time wasting but then, today's another day.

you liked trnava's le grand blond vlasko? tbh i didn't think much of him when spartak bought him from the czech side slovan liberec. i was wrong...

I watched that clip thinking that team in yellow must hate him cos he scores loads of similar goals against them..

Yes I think he is a very good player. Particularly the first leg in perth he was excellent.

How much did you buy him for?

Roughly, what will his wages be?

How old is he?

Are any other teams linked with a move for him?

Does he like a haggis supper?

I watched that clip thinking that team in yellow must hate him cos he scores loads of similar goals against them..

Yes I think he is a very good player. Particularly the first leg in perth he was excellent.

How much did you buy him for?

Roughly, what will his wages be?

How old is he?

Are any other teams linked with a move for him?

Does he like a haggis supper?

Will your team accept no transfer fee?

Will he play for free?

Belated thank you's to the Saintees who tried to help me out with streams last night. We were cursed with the streams. Every fecker we went on got caned within 5 minutes. Watched it on radio. I have taken on board the various suggestions that I might open my wallet next time.

"Eh'm efraid eh wes fery. fery drunk".

I have some vague memories of a decent performance. Bigger memories of it being quite good fun, which is really what it is all about.

normally im mr positive and i felt we played ok but 2nd half we needed 1 goal just 1 goal and we never looked like scoring.

the long balls to maclean wernt working and felt o hallaron should have been on earlier. we should have thrown everything at them. we even had a corner right at the end but kept Mannus back.

didnt like the line up but after consideration with wright out maybe thats why gmac was put in for some height at set pieces. not sure if o hallaron was fully fit either after going off at the weekend.

mays left foot strike in 1st half n slide in at far post near end would have been a great going away present