Saints Development League Thread

lethamsaintee

Was the sub keeper ( who never got on). Was a great game of fitba, end to end stuff. County looked very good but Saints hung in there, rode their luck a bit and could have won it in the end. Really really enjoyable game ..

Yes. For those who missed a good game,Saints took the lead in the 1 st half, a header from a corner.

County took the lead with two second half strikes before Kane equalised with a great shot on the turn from wide right, when it looked like he might lay it off.

Keeper never had time to set himself as the ball zipped across him high into the net.

Most enjoyable game of football

Muzz gave the ball away for the second goal with a backward pass, but to be fair to County, the passing and movement for both their goals was excellent. Muzz was subbed shortly afterwards.

Kane's goal would have made goal of the month no probs. There seemed no danger when he decided to go for the spectacular.

Random the end of year is a helluva long way away. Surely Muzz will be ready to start games by the end of September if not August?

I've no idea tbh, just sort of though it was a reasonable timeframe considering the length of his injury and the fact these injuries generally include a minor setback or two

I think Kane should get more game time in the first team. This was the first time I've seen him play. Fast, strong, tackles like a centre half, closes down fast, worked hard all night. Missed a sitter (headed wide from a cross from the left) & scored a wonder goal. Got no real service. Would benefit from an extended first team run. IMO

Would'nt be surprised if Davidson makes an appearance at some point during Saints game versus Aberdeen this weekend.

Tommy is quoted in today's Courier as Muzz  being ahead in terms of recovery from his injury, but not being near full fitness.

Can't see him getting on the bench and Tommy rushing him back.

Discussions took place on Tuesday with him and his rep.  regarding a new contract.

Don't imagine it's gonna be a long term one at this stage. 

I wish him well and hope he wins his place back in the starting eleven.

I think Kane should get more game time in the first team. This was the first time I've seen him play. Fast, strong, tackles like a centre half, closes down fast, worked hard all night. Missed a sitter (headed wide from a cross from the left) & scored a wonder goal. Got no real service. Would benefit from an extended first team run. IMO

He would benefit from another 6 month spell out on loan.  Hopefully in the championship playing against the likes of Gers, Hearts and Hibs.

He isn't ready to be a first choice striker in an established Premiership team.    YET.  He has the potential to be yes, but to give him a fair crack of even achieving half of what Mayzo did for us, he has to be allowed to go back out on loan and develop further.

I still believe Tommy will play Muzz at some point against Aberdeen...he did mention a few weeks ago that Davidson required game time with the Development League matches coming up Tommy stated he intended to play him and that's exactly what has happened so far.

He was also included and travelled on the Europa League trip to Slovakia, where I assume he would have trained with the rest of the squad. Maybe the manager is just not wanting to give too much away to our opponents on Saturday.

With Lappin signing today and the fact that Aberdeen's midfield will be strong, I would'nt like to guess which of these midfielders will be playing on Saturday, but Lappin may still be off full fitness and not rushed into game time too.

Tommy is quoted in today's Courier as Muzz  being ahead in terms of recovery from his injury, but not being near full fitness.

Can't see him getting on the bench and Tommy rushing him back.

Discussions took place on Tuesday with him and his rep.  regarding a new contract.

Don't imagine it's gonna be a long term one at this stage. 

I wish him well and hope he wins his place back in the starting eleven.