Saints Development League Thread

lethamsaintee

What's the point in having a player on the bench who wouldn't play, pid point you're trying to make. You're effectively saying, "let's weaken our options if we're losing, just for the hell of it."

Want to retract your statement, or are you going to try and persist with your frankly ridiculous notion?

no dont want to retract my statement cheers who says he would weaken the team?

no dont want to retract my statement cheers who says he would weaken the team?

You're trying to suggest an untried 18 year old, who's never played a senior game, played 2 games for our under 20s and probably won't be ready for at least 2 years. Is a better option than a senior player, who knows the squad and has actually played senior football.

If you still believe this, I'm out. No point trying to reason with someone who honestly thinks it's a good idea.

You're trying to suggest an untried 18 year old, who's never played a senior game, played 2 games for our under 20s and probably won't be ready for at least 2 years. Is a better option than a senior player, who knows the squad and has actually played senior football.

If you still believe this, I'm out. No point trying to reason with someone who honestly thinks it's a good idea.

Aye but he are you to say that he's not good enough ? If Tommy wants to give the laddie a chance of a bit of 1st team experience that's good enough for me.

Aye but he are you to say that he's not good enough ? If Tommy wants to give the laddie a chance of a bit of 1st team experience that's good enough for me.

No I'm saying it's a stupid idea to put an untried, unproven, young player on the bench, who isn't going to get on. Over more experienced and better options. I've never mentioned his ability.

so when do you think we should blood our youngsters as I remember stevie may played a couple of first team games before we sent him out on loan now I'm not saying he's the next stevie but it didn't do him any harm

so when do you think we should blood our youngsters as I remember stevie may played a couple of first team games before we sent him out on loan now I'm not saying he's the next stevie but it didn't do him any harm

We were in a lower league and he appeared in an end of season game.

Then again he appeared at a time we couldn't buy a goal and tried him out. We have no need of a striker who has never played a senior game to come on.

He's behind MacLean, Kane, Graham, O'Halloran, McFadden, not to mention the other youth players we have had at the club longer. So tell me this who's going to drop out of the bench and also would you rather he came on instead of the other options. I certainly wouldn't and that's why it's a ridiculous suggestion. You don't have to agree with me, but you're still wrong.

Mcfadden is still supended is he not O'Halloran Kane and Mclean should all start and at the moment Graham is not going to be at the club next season (still no mention of a pre contract ) so to be honest I would put Hunter on the bench instead of him you dont have to agree with me and are entitled to your own opinion which I do respect but I still think your wrong.

Anyone see the youngster scoring and playing well for Sheffield United tonight. Nigel Clough believed and the boy Adams scored 2 late goals to set up a storming finish, on his debut as well. Ilkeston Town to Sheffield United is akin to our 18 year old moving to the SPFL from a Lowland League reserve side.

I believe his debut was actually back in December. 

Anyone see the youngster scoring and playing well for Sheffield United tonight. Nigel Clough believed and the boy Adams scored 2 late goals to set up a storming finish, on his debut as well. Ilkeston Town to Sheffield United is akin to our 18 year old moving to the SPFL from a Lowland League reserve side.

Never win anything with youth