Brian Graham

patron saint

On that team performance today...Kane would have had a great chance to impress from the start or from the bench and would be more than able to support Graham, but unfortunately we have loaned him out until at least January!

Needs a decent partner to work off him.

Not sure we have one at the club though.

Graham was totally isolated for most of the game, but so were too many players! no one appeared to want the ball...everytime a pass was made the player making that pass stood still...cannot count how many passes were misplaced or if Saints managed anymore than two without the ball ending up with an opposition player! Graham did as much as he could with what he was given.

BG was winning the ball in the air up front but all he could do was knock it down but to who?

Most of the time there was not another saints player anywhere near him.

NOW!! if we hadnae sold May or put Kane out on loan or even played McLean we would have had a STRIKER to feed off him, someone there to collect they balls he was winning and knocking down into empty spaces.

Edited by Oldermoresensiblepack

Morgans not exactly had a chance, 2 half hour appearances an 1 start for an hour isn't exactly fair judging someone of his age whos never played in the league before give him some slack, he obviously had potential to be in the Liverpool team.

I thought we would hae started with Graham and Morgan upfront yesterday.

I wouldn't want to write off Morgan yet he's not had a real chance.

But I do think we need another striker for cover/options. It would be very frustrating to have Morgan as our only viable striking option against United if he cant make the grade.

I cant seeing us managing the "false 9" tbh :shock: 

I think the biggest thing now is to ensure Graham has support in the next game. That was really lacking on Saturday and meant his job was impossible for us. He was winning headers and knock downs, putting them into reasonable areas and there was no one anywhere near them.

I'd be tempted to start all of Croft, Wotherspoon and O'Halloran and it might be an idea to line up like;

Mannus

Mackay Anderson Wright Easton

Millar Brown/McDonald

Croft O'Halloran Wotherspoon

Graham

O'Halloran isn't comfortable defensively, so that way he's encouraged to support Graham without having to worry too much about going the other way. His in game awareness really needs work though, so I'm not sure if he'll work well with Graham or not.

I think we might make a move for McFadden to be honest.

I think the biggest thing now is to ensure Graham has support in the next game. That was really lacking on Saturday and meant his job was impossible for us. He was winning headers and knock downs, putting them into reasonable areas and there was no one anywhere near them.

I'd be tempted to start all of Croft, Wotherspoon and O'Halloran and it might be an idea to line up like;

Mannus

Mackay Anderson Wright Easton

Millar Brown/McDonald

Croft O'Halloran Wotherspoon

Graham

O'Halloran isn't comfortable defensively, so that way he's encouraged to support Graham without having to worry too much about going the other way. His in game awareness really needs work though, so I'm not sure if he'll work well with Graham or not.

I think we might make a move for McFadden to be honest.

i think Brown will be out for a couple of weeks at least even if it is just a bad strain.

O`Halloran is this seasons Nige. He is good when he comes on late to run at tired defenders.

post by  cagey not Kyle.

Edited by Cagey

For the little chances we've created of late Graham has certainly taken them, however he needs support upfront and at the moment the only options appear to be supporting players Croft, Wotherspoon and O'Halloran and occasional appearances from the bench by Morgan. At least two of these players should be supporting from the wings if they can get forward enough and receive passes! With Graham in the centre I'd like to see either Morgan getting more starts in support of him or even Dylan Easton who although young needs game time too!