Managerial Merry-Go-Round

HOODLUM65

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
11 hours ago, Cagey said:

No,they may get the new manager bounce like Livi.

Would have preferred Stubbs to stay as his managerial record isn't hot.

I read somewhere recently that statistically there is no evidence for the new manager bounce idea. Some teams (eg Livi) do better for a while; most don't. My guess is that it depends on how toxic the dressing room atmosphere was. If the team were just shit they'll continue to be shit. If they were disaffected, then a new manager might turn them round.

Edited by sleepless
typo

1 hour ago, sleepless said:

I read somewhere recently that statistically there is no evidence for the new manager bounce idea. Some teams (eg Livi) do better for a while; most don't. My guess is that it depends on how toxic the dressing room atmosphere was. If the team were just shit they'll continue to be shit. If they were disaffected, then a new manager might turn them round.

I have a few friends that are Livi fans and they said the biggest issue was Miller playing himself all the time. With him out of the team there is bound to be improvement but Livi weren't in such a bad position - they are above us on goal difference.